By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Unbelievable!The Greatest sales number console - PS2 surpassed by DS! (JAP)

leo-j said:
Im so sad the better handheld is getting destroyed. Sony should have put AAA games on it, I say port every ps2 game out on the psp!!

Please dude, you cant be that big of a fanboy.....You are right if the PSP had AAA games on it it would be great, as great (or better) as the DS. My PSP has been collecting dust for probably more than a year, but my DS gets daily use.

PSP and DS cant really be compared. DS offers a unique experience with its touchscreen and mic input. PSP offers its own unique experience with its near PS2 quality (possibly a little less good in the graphics dept) games which brings the console experience on the road. PSP could be the better handeld if it did have more AAA games, but DS has it beat in almost every area at this point.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Im so sad the better handheld is getting destroyed. Sony should have put AAA games on it, I say port every ps2 game out on the psp!!

I think that was PSPs problem in the first place.  It set out to appeal to PS2 owners who wanted to play PS2 like games on the road.  That's a very limited market compared to DS which sets out to appeal to everyone and the sales have reflected that.

leo-j said:

You really are delusional aren't you. I haven't ever read a post where you have been constructive to a discussion. I understand that you feel like you have to twist every thread into a pro-sony rant but then you -have- to understand that generally (and i'm not the only one) people are starting to just skip your posts and read the next one down. Your posts have become ridiculously predictable and the only thing you seem to achieve is deterring other posters from making well thought-out argued responses. Sorry for the rant, it's just posts like yours are what bring these forums down to the level of gamespot etc.

Games i'm currently playing:

DS wins so hard it makes the psp cry at night

Now Playing

Planet Puzzle League

Kirby Mouse Attack

Nanostray

Firstly - well done DS. This is truly amazing, and my mind jumps back to the Ninty press conference where they first unveiled the DS (and everyone said.. WTF?).

"If the DS is successful, we will rise to the heights of heaven - if it fails, we will sink to the depths of hell" (Ninty CEO on the DS, before it was released)

Its certainly heaven at the moment!

Secondly - I pointed this out in another thread, and its something that people have missed completely.

The DS/PSP are the FIRST generation of handhelds that can actually run console games - primarily because they are the first handhelds that can SERIOUSLY do 3D.

This is very relevant, and very significant: prior to this gen, handheld development was a *completely* different beast from console dev - there was NO overlap between the PS1/GameBoy, or the PS2/GameboyAdvance.

Its completely different now - its actually EASIER going from Wii development to DS (technically), than it is going from the Wii to the PS3.

In technical terms, handhelds have joined the same market that consoles are in (but not the other way - as consoles are NOT portable!) - otherwise there is no way DragonQuest would have moved to the DS.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

handhelds and console aren't DIRECT competitors of each othe

''Hadouken!''

shams said:

Secondly - I pointed this out in another thread, and its something that people have missed completely.

The DS/PSP are the FIRST generation of handhelds that can actually run console games - primarily because they are the first handhelds that can SERIOUSLY do 3D.

This is very relevant, and very significant: prior to this gen, handheld development was a *completely* different beast from console dev - there was NO overlap between the PS1/GameBoy, or the PS2/GameboyAdvance.

Its completely different now - its actually EASIER going from Wii development to DS (technically), than it is going from the Wii to the PS3.

In technical terms, handhelds have joined the same market that consoles are in (but not the other way - as consoles are NOT portable!) - otherwise there is no way DragonQuest would have moved to the DS.

shams... I didn't miss out on that. I think the handheld/console dichotomy is coming to an end. Most seem to be choosing to remain willfully ignorant of the facts such as the one you are pointing out.

LOL, still another 4 and a half years to go...................... DS could easily double PS2's all-time sales in Japan in that time.

mr-money said:
LOL, still another 4 and a half years to go...................... DS could easily double PS2's all-time sales in Japan in that time.

AAAND mr-money, they won't be the ONLY one to do so.

PS2 surpassed by DS is just the beginning.

Wait until Nintendo's home console representative achieves this milestone.

*investing in Nintendo stock....(wait for it, wait for it)....NOW*

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Grey Acumen said:
it did far more in sales than any handheld had done up to that point

Well pointed out. The "different markets" position wasn't made when PS2 passed GB or GBA.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.