By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Unbelievable!The Greatest sales number console - PS2 surpassed by DS! (JAP)

ssj12 said:
fkusumot said:
ssj12 said:
leo-j said:
Handheld sales>>>> console sales.

thats the thing handheld vs home console. tell me when the Wii passes it becasue then it will be the same market.

It's the same market when the same types of games are made for the same demographics.

you try to take a Wii on the road with you. It wont be very entertaining. handheld gaming is gaming on the go not gaming in a room in your house.

Only about 20% true. A lot of people play DS in their living room, bedroom, bathroom..... but in their house. Mostly because the act of being mobile requires your mobility to be performed for you - you can't drive while playing a DS, for example, at least I wouldn't recommend it.

And for that matter, Wii seems to have a pretty portable nature itself.... easy to hook up, one chord, small.... it's great to carry in a laptop-sized case while on the go... in the motel, at your parents', to and from the dorm room, etc etc.

Numbers: Checker Players > Halo Players

Checkers Age and replayability > Halo Age and replayability

Therefore, Checkers > Halo

So, Checkers is a better game than Halo.

Around the Network

I think he may be refering to softawre numbers, but then again I could be wrong.
The ps2 was out for like 8 years, but the ds has only been out for 3, so it's pretty amazing what the ds has done in such a short time.
The ds seems to be unstoppable.

I praise ur nintendo overlords

If I were _____________then maybe I would have friends

facher83 said:
ssj12 said:
fkusumot said:
ssj12 said:
leo-j said:

thats the thing handheld vs home console. tell me when the Wii passes it becasue then it will be the same market.

It's the same market when the same types of games are made for the same demographics.

you try to take a Wii on the road with you. It wont be very entertaining. handheld gaming is gaming on the go not gaming in a room in your house.

Only about 20% true. A lot of people play DS in their living room, bedroom, bathroom..... but in their house. Mostly because the act of being mobile requires your mobility to be performed for you - you can't drive while playing a DS, for example, at least I wouldn't recommend it.

And for that matter, Wii seems to have a pretty portable nature itself.... easy to hook up, one chord, small.... it's great to carry in a laptop-sized case while on the go... in the motel, at your parents', to and from the dorm room, etc etc.

you have to remember that handhelds were designed for cartrips, taking to school and playing during breaks, plane trips, etc. And you know what I was meaning. The fact you dont have to have TV in your car to play it or use a TV is the main concept of portable/handheld gaming device. Its the same thing with computers Desktops arent supports to be moved around a ton. Of course people do it. Is it practical? hell no. Useful in a BYOB comp, hell yes. lol

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Im so sad the better handheld is getting destroyed. Sony should have put AAA games on it, I say port every ps2 game out on the psp!!

mM
ssj12 said:
facher83 said:
ssj12 said:
fkusumot said:
ssj12 said:
leo-j said:

you have to remember that handhelds were designed for cartrips, taking to school and playing during breaks, plane trips, etc. And you know what I was meaning. The fact you dont have to have TV in your car to play it or use a TV is the main concept of portable/handheld gaming device. Its the same thing with computers Desktops arent supports to be moved around a ton. Of course people do it. Is it practical? hell no. Useful in a BYOB comp, hell yes. lol

another point is that handhelds are more inexpensive, yet they seem to not get any big franchises, but thiis seems to be changing.

Example Dragon quest 9

If I were _____________then maybe I would have friends

Around the Network

Congratz DS! :D You are the new GODZILLA.

WiiFit will be 2008 #1 selling game in NORTH AMERICA!  
End of '08 Predictions: Wii - 48m X360 - 25m  PS3 - 19m
Wii monthly NA sales will top 400k every month in '08. *Jan sales ruined it. Grrrr!*
WiiFit will top 1m in sales in its first month of release in North America.
MGS4 will NOT be released in '08. *Darn it!* FF13 will NOT be released in '08.
Rockband Wii will top 600k in first month sales in North America.
WiiFit will pass the PS3 WW sales by Xmas '09.

ssj12 said:

Are you seriously bringing computers into this? I see people playing games on their computers all the time on plane trips. If you can't see the emergence of portable console gaming as a major factor, when the sales numbers are in fact the writing on the wall, then I respect your decision to remain blissfully ignorant.

I think this is kinda stupid to dismiss the sales of a handheld against a console. Admittedly, they are different markets, but it's still a significant milestone, especially considering that DS has only been on the market for 3 years now. The Playstation 2 has been on the Market for over 7 years and the DS has already surpassed it in a major region area. The Playstation 2 was declared the best selling console of all time, and it did far more in sales than any handheld had done up to that point.

I will disagree about the Wii being easy to set up, it is very portable, it uses very little power, so if you plug it into your car there probably won't be any issue powering it, but just one wire? There are at least 3; the power cable, the av cables, and the cable that powers the Wii sensor bar.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

if Handheld >>>>>>>>> then Consoles

then why is

PS2/PSX >>>>>>>> DS/GB/GBA

(remember the Gameboy numbers include Gameboy color, which in my opinion should have been seperated because most of the people who bought them already a gameboy.) (there was also Gameboy Micro(or was it lite))

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Fools. People are still saying there are different markets. NO there is one market. It's called the video game entertainment market, which has 3 classifications, PC, Handheld, and home console. But those classfications are separated by invisible lines. What's that mean? It measn they don't exist. It's all the exact same market.