By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next Call of Duty to have Premium Online Features

o_O.Q said:

lol while games like uncharted 3 are having tons of new content added to their multiplayer modes for free

Got to love activision.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Jay520 said:

Why are people complaining? The article states that you won't have to pay for services that you already get for free today.  They said they'll be offering ADDITIONAL content that people can pay for IF they want it.

I geuss it's just another case where people just read the title and post

Great post. Not just the bolded but also a case where people want to blindly hate COD.

Agree with both of you 100%

It makes zero sense to hate on this.  If your just someone who casually plays COD, then don't subscribe no big deal.  They'll still get the content they usually got.

But if your a hardcore player who pours 100's of hours into COD online a subscription service could be awesome if it keeps the game fresh and adds tons of quality content.

I've realized about 80% of commentors on the internet like to just diss and hate on things blindly all the time no matter what the situation.  Not exactly sure why other than I guess it makes them feel edgy and cool, but whatever.

Griffin said:
blkfish92 said:
xinstantnoodlez said:

doesn't affect my desicion, I still won't buy this garbage

I'm with you COD is constantly being milked and for what?

It's all for the same game every year with a few tweaks that have people raving at how amazing the new COD is..sheesh people need to be immersed into different fps's like killzone, crysis, or even battlefield

I'm a big fan of CoD, and one of the reasons i don't play other FPS games is due to how slow and clunky they feel.  And with CoD running at 50-60 FPS with those other games doing 20-30 it makes a massive difference.  You can't expect to beat the top shooter when you are running a slower game with half the frames.

This makes no fucking sense whatsoever, why don't you play your FPS' on a PC then.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Chroniczaaa said:
Griffin said:
blkfish92 said:
xinstantnoodlez said:

doesn't affect my desicion, I still won't buy this garbage

I'm with you COD is constantly being milked and for what?

It's all for the same game every year with a few tweaks that have people raving at how amazing the new COD is..sheesh people need to be immersed into different fps's like killzone, crysis, or even battlefield

I'm a big fan of CoD, and one of the reasons i don't play other FPS games is due to how slow and clunky they feel.  And with CoD running at 50-60 FPS with those other games doing 20-30 it makes a massive difference.  You can't expect to beat the top shooter when you are running a slower game with half the frames.

This makes no fucking sense whatsoever, why don't you play your FPS' on a PC then.

COD FTW, 

just kidding it's buns and I think already justified as to why.

BenVTrigger said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Jay520 said:

Why are people complaining? The article states that you won't have to pay for services that you already get for free today.  They said they'll be offering ADDITIONAL content that people can pay for IF they want it.

I geuss it's just another case where people just read the title and post

Great post. Not just the bolded but also a case where people want to blindly hate COD.

Agree with both of you 100%

It makes zero sense to hate on this.  If your just someone who casually plays COD, then don't subscribe no big deal.  They'll still get the content they usually got.

But if your a hardcore player who pours 100's of hours into COD online a subscription service could be awesome if it keeps the game fresh and adds tons of quality content.

I've realized about 80% of commentors on the internet like to just diss and hate on things blindly all the time no matter what the situation.  Not exactly sure why other than I guess it makes them feel edgy and cool, but whatever.

Hmm, might be a bit higher than that.

OT: It sounds like they're doing what Sony did with their Playstation Plus model. For the millions of people that only play Call of Duty (I know a few), this could be a great new feature for them depending on what's going to be offered.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

Just seen a video of the new features and it appears they are charging for online stats and the theater mode?

So the most finacially successful game of 2010 is getting an optional subscription model?

Can Kotick and Co stop pretending this is a 'covering extra costs' thing? They know people are willing to pay more than $60/year to play the latest COD game with extra features and would rather make even more money than provide extra features for free. If you needed any more proof that Activision wants to milk their fanbase dry here it is.

The outrage over Valve releasing Left 4 Dead 2 too early and not supporting Left 4 Dead 1 seems so pedestrian when compared to obvious exploitation of the rabid COD fanbase. 

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ameratsu said:

So the most finacially successful game of 2010 is getting an optional subscription model?

Can Kotick and Co stop pretending this is a 'covering extra costs' thing? They know people are willing to pay more than $60/year to play the latest COD game with extra features and would rather make even more money than provide extra features for free. If you needed any more proof that Activision wants to milk their fanbase dry here it is.

The outrage over Valve releasing Left 4 Dead 2 too early and not supporting Left 4 Dead 1 seems so pedestrian when compared to obvious exploitation of the rabid COD fanbase. 

Whoa now, just because something is downright retarded, doesn't excuse another's stupidity.

OT:

The problem here that many don't seem to grasp is that this content should be free if they bothered to make it, not paid. The price of the game should ensure that I have access to this (this is also true of DLC).

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

So what I dont get is how does this interface work? If you look at the video, it obviously shows mouse pointer.  And they mention that it runs on a number of devices.  If so, is this just a website shows you combs through all your stats and presents it as a dashboard? 

Games have been doing that for a long time (Halo, Killzone, etc).  I will have to rewatch the video, but Im guessing you cannot initiate a game game from the portal.  And since it supports Black Ops already, seems like its just a stat/video portal.

I imagine they will release a patch that hooks Black Ops into the UI so you can do your clan related activities (organize a party and play a game) within the game. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.  Hardcore people may eat it up, but people like me (play only with friends and maybe 2-3 times a week) would find it hard to find reasons to pay up.

Activision is again using the "milk it while it lasts" philosophy, instead of "milk it slowly so it lasts".

See where that got Guitar Hero...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957