By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ship v Sold Wii/PS3/360 - Dec 2013 and post adjustments.

psrock said:
Seece said:

No it isn't. We can't prove when a channel has been stuffed, but it still doesn't mean the same, amazing you can't grasp that, it's ABC sales.

MS shipped more than they sold which means they stuffed the channel, for whatever reason, they are stuffing the channels. Yep, I can grasp that fact. 

No you can't, over stuffing = putting more stock on shelves than is needed, replenishing is putting stock on shelves that should be there, striking a balance ...

Channel stuffing is the business practice where a company, or a sales force within a company, inflates its sales figures by forcing more products through a distribution channel than the channel is capable of selling to the world at large.

1. To fill or make complete again; add a new stock or supply to: replenish the larder.

I'm not saying Sony stuffed that channel btw, just that there is a difference, sorry if that offends you in some way ...

Around the Network

kowen seems consistently pissy these days :D just an observation. relax a bit

anywho good thread, I also think you should add ps2 sales since how close it has come to the wii's. Very impressive I say. But it's your thread, your rules so no biggie.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

kowenicki said:

Fact is Carl the PS3 has released far more (exclusive) games in the last 6 months that were supoosed to shift consoles, has released its version of motion gaming in MOVE and... you can say what you will about marketing... but Sony spend more than anyone in this regard... they just do. 

Which games were released over the last 6 Months that were supposed to shift consoles? (I assume, in a meaningful way).

I also assume you have proof that Sony spend the most on marketing when it comes to gaming? I simply don't believe you otherwise.

You're also a spoil sport for not putting the PS2 in. -blows raspberry-

M.U.G.E.N said:

anywho good thread, I also think you should add ps2 sales since how close it has come to the wii's. Very impressive I say. But it's your thread, your rules so no biggie.

Really? Going by this thread id say BHR, psrock, carl and leo are the angry ones ...

Well, not carl so much ^^

i think my chart rules

it has all the data going back to launch, shipments per Q and vs vgc numbers

sure its not all nicely made and just uses a basic vgc table but it gets the job done like many games its the content that matters and gameplay not the graphics

now that i read back i think kowin was implying  that i may have been contaminated by living in a messy room and had nothing to do with the chart

Play Me

Around the Network
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:

No it isn't. We can't prove when a channel has been stuffed, but it still doesn't mean the same, amazing you can't grasp that, it's ABC sales.

MS shipped more than they sold which means they stuffed the channel, for whatever reason, they are stuffing the channels. Yep, I can grasp that fact. 

No you can't, over stuffing = putting more stock on shelves than is needed, replenishing is putting stock on shelves that should be there, striking a balance ...

Replenish where? 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Seece said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Really? Going by this thread id say BHR, psrock, carl and leo are the angry ones ...

psrock sounds a bit angry but don't think others are :D but oh well not a bit issue really..can't we just all be friends and focus on how bad wii is doing instead? LOL

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

so is that need any adjustment

well,go play witcher 2 first

Seece said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Well, not carl so much ^^

To be fair, I was born angry. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:

Replenish where? 

Ugh, the U.S? It's the only country the 360 is sold in ... you really don't know anything about sales, why are you even here?