By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ship v Sold Wii/PS3/360 - Dec 2013 and post adjustments.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Seece said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

kowen seems consistently pissy these days :D just an observation. relax a bit

anywho good thread, I also think you should add ps2 sales since how close it has come to the wii's. Very impressive I say. But it's your thread, your rules so no biggie.

Really? Going by this thread id say BHR, psrock, carl and leo are the angry ones ...

psrock sounds a bit angry but don't think others are :D but oh well not a bit issue really..can't we just all be friends and focus on how bad wii is doing instead? LOL

But the Wii will be a testicular pie this week

testicular pie = statistical tie ... before any Nintendo fans rage at me!

Around the Network
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:

No it isn't. We can't prove when a channel has been stuffed, but it still doesn't mean the same, amazing you can't grasp that, it's ABC sales.

MS shipped more than they sold which means they stuffed the channel, for whatever reason, they are stuffing the channels. Yep, I can grasp that fact. 

No you can't, over stuffing = putting more stock on shelves than is needed, replenishing is putting stock on shelves that should be there, striking a balance ...

Replenish where? 

Ugh, the U.S? It's the only country the 360 is sold in ... you really don't know anything about sales, why are you even here?

lol, I've allowed you a couple shot at me so far, it ends now. You are nothing to be speaking to me this way, relax or don't reply to me. I'm serious. 

Anyway, I think MS expected records level sales for Kinect everywhere, yes the US was low on stock, but it was never not available. MS overshipped just like Sony did the quater before. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Seece said:

Ugh, the U.S? It's the only country the 360 is sold in ... you really don't know anything about sales, why are you even here?

lol, I've allowed you a couple shot at me so far, it ends now. You are nothing to be speaking to me this way, relax or don't reply to me. I'm serious. 

Anyway, I think MS expected records level sales for Kinect everywhere, yes the US was low on stock, but it was never not available. MS overshipped just like Sony did the quater before. 

I don't care if you're serious, I was clearly joking (yes even the last bit) (hence the 360 is only sold in U.S, or maybe you took that seriously)

If you wanna come into threads with such a negative attitude I don't understand why you expect a good response tbh ..

All the trackers combined have 360 > PS3 for Q4, so if there is any evidence either over stuffed (and I don't think either did, there is little to no evidence) it's more likely Sony did.

Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:

I don't care if you're serious, I was clearly joking (hence the 360 is only sold in U.S, or maybe you took that seriously)

If you wanna come into threads with such a negative attitude I don't understand why you expect a good response tbh ..

All the trackers combined have 360 > PS3 for Q4, so if there is any evidence either over stuffed (and I don't think either did, there is little to no evidence) it's more like Sony did.

I do expect responses, but don't make it personal. I try to sense reasons for threads like these, but eventually i get there. I like it. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Seece said:

I don't care if you're serious, I was clearly joking (hence the 360 is only sold in U.S, or maybe you took that seriously)

All the trackers combined have 360 > PS3 for Q4, so if there is any evidence either over stuffed (and I don't think either did, there is little to no evidence) it's more like Sony did.

I do expect responses, but don't make it personal. I try to sense reasons for threads like these, but eventually i get there. I like it. 

It wasn't personal, the whole thing was a joke ^^ I thought the 360 comment would have set the tone ...

And sometimes reason isn't needed for threads like this, this is a sales site after all and there are a few sales enthusiasts here who just like to do stuff with the data.

Around the Network
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:

It wasn't personal, the whole thing was a joke ^^ I thought the 360 comment would have set the tone ...

I had to remain angry to fit in. 

Next Gen 

kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:

It's surprising that the PS3 outshipped the 360, despite Slim, Fable, Halo and Kinect... Along with a $500 Million advertising budget.

No really, the ps3 was supposed to leave ther 360 in its wake by now wasnt it?  A HUGE number of exclusive releases have colme and gone, the very succesful MOVE is here and and the might of the sony marketing machine that pretty much beats any other on the planet is constantly in our faces.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Nsanity said:
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:

It's surprising that the PS3 outshipped the 360, despite Slim, Fable, Halo and Kinect... Along with a $500 Million advertising budget.

No really, the ps3 was supposed to leave ther 360 in its wake by now wasnt it?  A HUGE number of exclusive releases have colme and gone, the very succesful MOVE is here and and the might of the sony marketing machine that pretty much beats any other on the planet is constantly in our faces.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

But the 360 had the fastest selling CONSOLE of all times, the phenomenon, selling faster than the IPAD, come on , it wasnt a fair fight. 

Next Gen 

I sense a lot of anger and animosity in this thread. Chill out or GTFO, motherbitches!

Seriously: PS3 and 360 seem spot on, Wii somewhat overtracked.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Stop Whinging!

I used to post shipped numbers ages ago because I believe they are the true sales, and the most accurate. 360 fans moaned because the PS3-360 gap was smaller when using shipments.

Fans will always moan, and twist numbers to make their console's numbers look better. Kowen is very good at this with percentages. Percentages flat out suck, I hate them. 

Anyway, informative thread none-the-less. Bottom line however is that the PS3 is likely to outsell the Xbox 360 when all is said and done. Don Matrick said very clearly at E32008/9 that the 360 would 100% outsell the PlayStation 3. Don, fail.