By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 3rd parties rejecting the Wii is a lose-lose situation?

3rd parties rejecting the Wii is a lose-lose situation?

Lose-Lose. It's true. 38 50.67%

Nah, is just market saturation 20 26.67%

I blame WiiFit 17 22.67%

Total:75

Base on recent sales trend, we could see that the Wii sales rapidly drop. Meanwhile, the PS3/Xbox360 did not mop up the supposed lost sales.

To me, it looks like the HD twins failed to attract the "casualz" people.

With the whole industry dooming the Wii, which after 5 years, have finally made it possible to slow the sales of the Wii down to below 100k weekly worldwide. Both the total hardware and software overall dropped so much.

I see it as a lose-lose situation. What do you think?

Around the Network

I think it's unrealistic not to expect such drops 5/6 years into the generation .....

it is clearly the consumers fault

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Market saturation.

HD twins were never going to attract casuals in the first place

Around the Network

No, it's a Win-Lose situation. Nintendo loses, but third parties win - do you seriously think they care about stuff like sales and profit? No. If their consumers - usually Wii haters - are happy, they're happy.

:P.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Third parties don't make good games for wii anyways it'd be stupid to waste time and energy on shovelware, as for wii dropped sales it's successor is annouced or known atleast of course it's going to drop overall console sales will pick up on way or another when it's successor is revealed 

Immortal said:

No, it's a Win-Lose situation. Nintendo loses, but third parties win - do you seriously think they care about stuff like sales and profit? No. If their consumers - usually Wii haters - are happy, they're happy.

Haha, yes Wii and Nintendo are the way to profit and sales.

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/86113/video-game-company-earnings-round-up/

Practically all big 3rd parties made money last year, except EA, SE and Ubisoft ... oh arnt Ubi the biggest 3rd party support Wii has?

Seece said:
Immortal said:

Practically all big 3rd parties made money last year, except EA, SE and Ubisoft ... oh arnt Ubi the biggest 3rd party support Wii has?

I'm quite sure we're talking about long-term here. In other words, since 2006. At this point, I agree, it's downright moronic to support Wii (unless you're a popular franchise/genre on Wii).

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Immortal said:
Seece said:
Immortal said:

I'm quite sure we're talking about long-term here. In other words, since 2006. At this point, I agree, it's downright moronic to support Wii (unless you're a popular franchise/genre on Wii).

Well even then, most of it was unfounded and damage control from Wii fans to try and make themselves feel better.