By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Convince me PS Home isn't the worst thing ever.

There's always castration.

Around the Network

It's only based on rumors but I heard testicular cancer is slightly less popular than Playstation Home.

And both are free so that's really a moot point to make in Home's defense.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

spenderzz said:

So I got bored the other night and re-downloaded PS Home.  Every time I have ever gone on there, it has struck me as godawful and worthless, but I know a lot of people use it and love it, so I am willing to concede that maybe I am just missing something.  So, give me tips for FREE things I can do that make PS Home worth having installed on my console.

For reference, I went and played 3 holes of a terrible mini-golf mini-game (Green Dragon I think), went to a Star Wars Cantina that was completely devoid of content outside of some Bith musicians, and went to a Magic the Gathering room that was full of what I assume are mini-games which, every time I tried to use, said they could not connect to the server.

So, convince me that PS Home doesn't suck as much as it seems to.

Ok, your subject header is "The worst", which I will argue it isn't.  It is neat I get my own apartment on there, to put stuff in (I put Namco arcade cabinets in there) and can explore and wander around and check stuff out, like I got to visit Irem's area and got an R-Type ship to put in my apartment.  I got to wander the E3 booth of Sony on there.  But, it is what it is, a version of Second Life, without anything wild going on, but more stable.  If you can, check out Free Realm, which is also free, and might be more to your likely.  It has a bunch to do, plus an RPG framework in it.  I still hold Home could be a good place to have people meet.

Free Realm is awesome!! Even though it's what I was using when I yellow lighted ¬_¬

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I'm not going to lie to make you feel better...

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

Well Home has millions of users going on it every single day, so it clearly doesn't suck to a lot of people..

most people saying it sucks haven't even been on home since god knows, and are just hating on it because it's the popular thing to do in the core gaming community..

Home isn't bad at all, especially now, download the featured spaces and take a look, there's a new home game that's somewhat addictive and levels you up as well as give you rewards that you can use in all of home and on your avatar/apartment.. very interesting game.. the theatre though is still useless, although you can go and see PULSE, and the content that was supposed to come out the last couple of weeks featured in the theatre

mM
leo-j said:

Well Home has millions of users going on it every single day, so it clearly doesn't suck to a lot of people..

most people saying it sucks haven't even been on home since god knows, and are just hating on it because it's the popular thing to do in the core gaming community..

Home isn't bad at all, especially now, download the featured spaces and take a look, there's a new home game that's somewhat addictive and levels you up as well as give you rewards that you can use in all of home and on your avatar/apartment.. very interesting game.. the theatre though is still useless, although you can go and see PULSE, and the content that was supposed to come out the last couple of weeks featured in the theatre

win comment is win.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

It's essentially a social networking service with live avatars; it's a series of interactive chatrooms.

If you're not on there to chat with people you know, friends, people you game with or meet new gamers, then you've pretty much missed the point of Home.

If the following statement applies to you: "I have no friends and I have no interest in meeting new people" then yeah; Home is pretty pointless. 

If you're on Home with the mindset of "I'm not talking to anyone" then it's about as pointless as an MMORPG without interacting with anyone one else online. At that point, Home is little more than an interactive advertising space for games, TV/movies and various other random non-game related things, some of which are pretty questionable, much like most advertising. 

Anything which is free and optional can't be the worse thing evarrrrr. If you need more convincing than it is just not worth explaining it to you. 

I just wish you had paid for it

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)