By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas pre-order chart -- 21st May 2011

DavidValbu said:
menx64 said:
DavidValbu said:
menx64 said:

Cannt wait to see Zelda´s post-e3 numbers...

I hope those numbers increase by a lot because seriously, It's not normal the lack of hype surrounding Skyward Sword nowdays related to preorders.

I would blame the lack of a story trailer. We need more info, so people can begin to "predict" the origins of the master sword, who's the bad guy this time, water temples, more items, how it fits on the timeline, conspiracy theories and such...

Twilight Princess story was a bit dissapointed for me. I hope Skyward Sword story is at least as good as ocarina of time's one. And what about the girl? What about Link swimming into the sky? What about Ganon and Zelda' What about Triforce? What about that dungeons are going to disappear? Too many questions without  an answer.

That's actually the most interesting part for me, what I wondering is, what kind of role is she going to play?

Is she going to be just a little help as navi, or is she going to be more like midna? I mean, as far as I know she "is" the master sword or at least she has a very close connection to it... So I would expect her to be as clever and interesting as midna...   

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:

Hey guys if you want some hard number on pre-orders I can give you at least a small sampling of what we are looking at as a company.  These are numbers for my main store, and is reflective of what we are seeing as a district.

Some things worth noting are

-  Gears of War 3 is MASSIVE for a title this far out of launch.  We are currently sitting at 130 pre-orders including collectors.

-  Elder Scrolls is outpacing Mass Effect for big RPG.  Elder Scrolls is at 39 while Mass Effect is sitting at 19.

-  Infamous for a AAA title so close to launch is fairly low at 15.

-  Uncharted off to a fairly slow start at only 7 ore-orders.

-  COD MW3 off to a huge start at 47 pre-orders for a game thats only been available for 1 weeks worth of pre-orders.  These pics were taken yesterday and we are now over 50 for the game.

Fear has more than Uncharted, What?

man do my fellow Americans dislike the PS3

Thanks for those numbers BenVTrigger!

osamanobama said:
BenVTrigger said:

Hey guys if you want some hard number on pre-orders I can give you at least a small sampling of what we are looking at as a company.  These are numbers for my main store, and is reflective of what we are seeing as a district.

Some things worth noting are

-  Gears of War 3 is MASSIVE for a title this far out of launch.  We are currently sitting at 130 pre-orders including collectors.

-  Elder Scrolls is outpacing Mass Effect for big RPG.  Elder Scrolls is at 39 while Mass Effect is sitting at 19.

-  Infamous for a AAA title so close to launch is fairly low at 15.

-  Uncharted off to a fairly slow start at only 7 ore-orders.

-  COD MW3 off to a huge start at 47 pre-orders for a game thats only been available for 1 weeks worth of pre-orders.  These pics were taken yesterday and we are now over 50 for the game.

Fear has more than Uncharted, What?

man do my fellow Americans dislike the PS3

Remember FEAR is also much closer to release.

But yeah I'm a little surprised by Uncharted's slow start and that Infamous is tracking pretty slow too.  The first game has a big fanbase at my main store but for some reason most are holding off from picking it up launch week.  I blame the massive amount of games so far this year, and currently LA Noire is overshadowing alot of hype for games coming out in a similar time frame.

I think Skyward sword will be playable at E3 again and with all the hype from last year growing, plus trailers, I expect pre-orders to jump over 10,000 after E3, maybe more.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network
Nintendogamer said:

I think Skyward sword will be playable at E3 again and with all the hype from last year growing, plus trailers, I expect pre-orders to jump over 10,000 after E3, maybe more.

hopefully, 10k per week would be good... but I am going to bet 25k the 1st week poste3, and then 10-15k... 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Those ''real'' numbers are quite informative. Rage, for a new IP seems to be on a good start. Dues Ex is very low though.

Where are the preorders numbers this week?

trunkswd said:
italo244 said:

Where are the preorders numbers this week?

Not sure exactly when they will be up, but I know ioi is really busy with Gamrconnect 2.0 which is suppose to launch tomorrow.

okay...