By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Witcher 2 on Xbox360?

vlad321 said:
irstupid said:
vlad321 said:
irstupid said:

here is a quit retort

not very far in witcher so knowledge is limited on items

but lets say i want to throw a grenade that leaves a gas area

CONSOLE: i have to "slow mo" the game and then move my dual analog stick over to the grenade i want and select it.  then leave "slow mo" mode and then push said button and then re aim at enemies, since would have moved cursor around doing the whole slow mo selection

PC: I have the gas bombs set to button F2.  So when i want to use it, i am mos tlikely already AIMED on enemies i push f2 and the bomb is thrown.

Now lets say i want to throw a different bomb that is best used for a new enemy that shows up.  on console I have to do as I said above, on PC there is a good chance I have that bomb set as F2, F3, F4 or whatever. 

So tell me OBJECTIVELY which is better?  Pushing one button, or going into a menu, finding said item, selecting it then aiming and finally throwing bomb.

That's a hint that the developers don't mean to have the bombs working like that. Duh.

ha, what a pathetic responce

so the controls are flawless and any fault is by design

Obviously.

Also what you described ins't objectively, it's subjective. Maybe I WANT to have difficulty using a simple item. Gawd...

Why can you not use potions in the middle of a fight?  Surely that would make the fight easier, therefore that should have been in the design.  Potions are abundant, you can craft as many as you wish.

Around the Network

how many times did i read in Wii game articles about how HORRIBLE control is and how controllers are insanely better.

How you dont' want to have to swing your arm, but woudl rather just push one simple button.

Yet NOW, you guys are saying pushing one button is NOT better?

daroamer said:

Let me break it down for you:

A keyboard has more buttons than a controllers - Objective observation

Because a keyboard has more buttons than a controller then Game Type A is better played with a keyboard - Subjective conclusion

No no, it's an objective conclusion. Read what irstupid just wrote above. I very much outlined WHY more keys are objectively better (hint: it has to do with less restrictions).

But I guess to you not using a wheel chair in the olympics is also subjective, and not objectively better.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

daroamer said:
vlad321 said:
irstupid said:

Obviously.

Also what you described ins't objectively, it's subjective. Maybe I WANT to have difficulty using a simple item. Gawd...

Why can not use potions in the middle of a fight?  Surely that would make the fight easier, therefore that should have been in the design.  Potions are abundant, you can craft as many as you wish.

Because potions are buffs and not combat items....?

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

daroamer said:
vlad321 said:
irstupid said:
vlad321 said:
irstupid said:

here is a quit retort

CONSOLE: i have to "slow mo" the game and then move my dual analog stick over to the grenade i want and select it.  then leave "slow mo" mode and then push said button and then re aim at enemies, since would have moved cursor around doing the whole slow mo selection

PC: I have the gas bombs set to button F2.  So when i want to use it, i am mos tlikely already AIMED on enemies i push f2 and the bomb is thrown.

Now lets say i want to throw a different bomb that is best used for a new enemy that shows up.  on console I have to do as I said above, on PC there is a good chance I have that bomb set as F2, F3, F4 or whatever. 

So tell me OBJECTIVELY which is better?  Pushing one button, or going into a menu, finding said item, selecting it then aiming and finally throwing bomb.

That's a hint that the developers don't mean to have the bombs working like that. Duh.

Obviously.

Why can not use potions in the middle of a fight?  Surely that would make the fight easier, therefore that should have been in the design.  Potions are abundant, you can craft as many as you wish.

thats not how potions work in this world.  If yo unotice him taking potions it greatly affects his body while taking it.  He would be very vulnerable while taking a potion.  not just the fact of having to open a potion and put it into his mouth, but also while the effects are taking place he would be vulnerable and weak.

I do say that we shouldn't have to go into meditate mode though.  Should be able to use them as an item normally.  Make it restricted to only able to take them when you can meditate still, just don't make us go into meditate screen. 

Around the Network
vlad321 said:
daroamer said:

Because a keyboard has more buttons than a controller then Game Type A is better played with a keyboard - Subjective conclusion

No no, it's an objective conclusion. Read what irstupid just wrote above. I very much outlined WHY more keys are objectively better (hint: it has to do with less restrictions).

But I guess to you not using a wheel chair in the olympics is also subjective, and not objectively better.

*sigh* nevermind, maybe one day you're understand that a strong opinion is not a fact.

I understand WHY you think it's better, it doesn't MAKE it better.  It's your PREFERENCE.  Perhaps I PREFER having the game slow down and making me pick something from a menu.  Even if it's the most horrible way to make someone pick a bomb, if I PREFER it, then it's subjective!

irstupid said:
daroamer said:
vlad321 said:
irstupid said:
vlad321 said:
irstupid said:

here is a quit retort

Obviously.

thats not how potions work in this world.  If yo unotice him taking potions it greatly affects his body while taking it.  He would be very vulnerable while taking a potion.  not just the fact of having to open a potion and put it into his mouth, but also while the effects are taking place he would be vulnerable and weak.

I do say that we shouldn't have to go into meditate mode though.  Should be able to use them as an item normally.  Make it restricted to only able to take them when you can meditate still, just don't make us go into meditate screen. 

And did you notice that when you pause the game it only slows down?  So maybe they didn't want you to have every bomb in your inventory ready in a split second as a safety net.  They want you to go into a fight prepared and if you're not prepared with the right bombs then you need to pick it during the pause menu but even during that menu you could be hit. 

It's the same with having to have you take potions before a fight.  It's also the same with dialogue, options you pick now affect you later in the game.  It's all about preperation.

daroamer said:
vlad321 said:
daroamer said:

*sigh* nevermind, maybe one day you're understand that a strong opinion is not a fact.

I understand WHY you think it's better, it doesn't MAKE it better.  It's your PREFERENCE.  Perhaps I PREFER having the game slow down and making me pick something from a menu.  Even if it's the most horrible way to make someone pick a bomb, if I PREFER it, then it's subjective!

Some peaople are masochists and they enjoy cutting themselves. You are right, I am sorry, I did not account for all the masochistic personalities out there who enjoy inferior controls. Now for the normal people out there, keyboards are objectively better.

vlad321 said:
daroamer said:
vlad321 said:
daroamer said:

Some peaople are masochists and they enjoy cutting themselves. You are right, I am sorry, I did not account for all the masochistic personalities out there who enjoy inferior controls. Now for the normal people out there, keyboards are objectively better.

What constitutes a normal person is subjective, but keep trying!

daroamer said:
vlad321 said:

What constitutes a normal person is subjective, but keep trying!

Well let me define it for you. Ones that like to have as flexible control schemes as possible, with as few restrictions getting in their way of playing a game.

I guess I should have made that assumption clear from the getgo.