By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I got a new laptop! What games will it be able to handle?

Baalzamon said:
yo_john117 said:
Baalzamon said:
yo_john117 said:

Just to let you guys know the 90% of the games I play on computers are games like Starcraft (RTS) and the majority of them aren't too demanding. And to be clear I did not buy my new laptop for gaming, I bought it so I could have a decent laptop finally that would be able to at least handle most of the games I want and not freeze on a daily basis.

I just wanted to know what I could expect for gaming while I wait for Starcraft 2 to download.

Yea, you will totally be fine on Starcraft 2.  Matter of fact, I'll let you in on a little secret.  Sometimes I'll switch Starcraft over to the lowest settings anyways, because it is much easier for my eyes to handle and it seems you can see things easier in the background.

Lol thats a bit odd...too much going on?

Well, the background is simpler on low settings, so I think units and whatnot stick out a little more or something.  I have no clue, I probably sound like an idiot, haha.

Lol well I guess I'll find out when the damn thing finally gets done downloading!

Around the Network
mchaza said:
yo_john117 said:

Just to let you guys know the 90% of the games I play on computers are games like Starcraft (RTS) and the majority of them aren't too demanding. And to be clear I did not buy my new laptop for gaming, I bought it so I could have a decent laptop finally that would be able to at least handle most of the games I want and not freeze on a daily basis.

I just wanted to know what I could expect for gaming while I wait for Starcraft 2 to download.

total war is too demanding if you like total war latest entries, I tired playing Empire on bad graphics and it was bad.

Looks like my computer would be able to run it...it would be on low settings but thats not a big deal.

http://www.totalwar.com/news/4807

yo_yohn17, you own both a PS3 and X360 right? But PS3 is your main and prefered platforms isn't it?

I think it would do SC2 on medium. My Intel sucky graphics do Low perfectly well.

You'd need discrete graphics for higher.

yo_john117 said:
Baalzamon said:
yo_john117 said:
Baalzamon said:
yo_john117 said:

Yea, you will totally be fine on Starcraft 2.  Matter of fact, I'll let you in on a little secret.  Sometimes I'll switch Starcraft over to the lowest settings anyways, because it is much easier for my eyes to handle and it seems you can see things easier in the background.

Well, the background is simpler on low settings, so I think units and whatnot stick out a little more or something.  I have no clue, I probably sound like an idiot, haha.

Lol well I guess I'll find out when the damn thing finally gets done downloading!

putting everything at low and texture at high make it easier to spot cloak units like dts and observers, most pro players play with those setting so by doing that you play like a pro ;)

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

yo_yohn17, you own both a PS3 and X360 right? But PS3 is your main and prefered platforms isn't it?

I own a 360 and my cousin (whom I live with) owns a PS3, but the 360 is my main and prefered platform.

chapset said:
yo_john117 said:
Baalzamon said:
yo_john117 said:
Baalzamon said:
yo_john117 said:

putting everything at low and texture at high make it easier to spot cloak units like dts and observers, most pro players play with those setting so by doing that you play like a pro ;)

Oooh I've always wanted to be like a pro at something! Guess I'll be playing on the lowest settings for sure xD

yo_john117 said:

Oooh I've always wanted to be like a pro at something! Guess I'll be playing on the lowest settings for sure xD

Do you have any interest in watching Starcraft 2 tournaments?

Have you heard of Day[9]?

Soleron said:
yo_john117 said:

Do you have any interest in watching Starcraft 2 tournaments?

Not really lol

Have you heard of Day[9]?

Nope never heard of it.

Yeah you're right the www.yougamers.com site seems to be more accurate than Canurunit.com. I recommend it.