By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I got a new laptop! What games will it be able to handle?

Its a Lenova computer with W7 64 bit operating system.

3GB of DDR3

AMD Phenom II N 660 Dual-Core Processor 3.00 GHz

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series

What can I expect to play with this? Will it be able to play Starcraft 2 on full settings and such? How about the Witcher 2? 

Around the Network

Umm i dont know the power of ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series, but you could proberly get medium i guess with starcraft or high and low-medium for witcher 2. 

Laptops aren't gaming machines and the laptops that are are over expensive and have no battery life so is basically an desk computer. 

hopefully you haven't bought this laptop thinking you can play games on it. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

mchaza said:

Umm i dont know the power of ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series, but you could proberly get medium i guess with starcraft or high and low-medium for witcher 2. 

Laptops aren't gaming machines and the laptops that are are over expensive and have no battery life so is basically an desk computer. 

I bought it so I could do anything since my other laptop is a steaming pile of turds that forze all the time.

yo_john117 said:
mchaza said:

I bought it so I could do anything since my other laptop is a steaming pile of turds that forze all the time.

Well i am not an expert on the GPU there but i say its use is for graphical programs and stick to non gaming stuff. I wouldn't expect Witcher 2 to do well on that machine, so i would buy it. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

mchaza said:
yo_john117 said:
mchaza said:

Well i am not an expert on the GPU there but i say its use is for graphical programs and stick to non gaming stuff. I wouldn't expect Witcher 2 to do well on that machine, so i would buy it. 

On the windows performance index gaming graphics is a 5.2/7.9

I didn't think this could handle the Witcher 2 but at least I can finally play any games without it freezing after 20 minutes!

Around the Network

You probably won't be able to play on full settings. However, you WILL be able to play basically any game that's out there right now at minimum settings, which should be more than good enough for you. You should never, EVER expect top-notch gaming from a laptop.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Well, you will at least be able to play any and all games on the lowest settings.  Starcraft really isn't that demanding, you may be able to hit medium with it.

Do you mind my asking how much you paid for this machine?

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:

Well, you will at least be able to play any and all games on the lowest settings.  Starcraft really isn't that demanding, you may be able to hit medium with it.

Do you mind my asking how much you paid for this machine?

$379 plus tax

thetonestarr said:

You probably won't be able to play on full settings. However, you WILL be able to play basically any game that's out there right now at minimum settings, which should be more than good enough for you. You should never, EVER expect top-notch gaming from a laptop.

Oh trust me I wasn't expecting that...I just want to be able to run games.

That's a good price for a laptop fitting those specs. How big's the HDD? And what about the screen? Measurements? Resolution? LED LCD or traditional?

SW-5120-1900-6153