By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What Can We All Learn from the Xbox Live Banning of ‘Pound Her Stank’?

Wonder if "Jesus Died LOL" is still on xbox live or is he banned too...you can't have fun these days.

Around the Network
dsister said:
Tony_Stark said:

You can do it over the phone.

So... you call them, tell them to migrate the licenses and what? The console automatically does it? It has to get an update somewhere along the lines. 

Tell you what, how do you do this without any access from XBL at all? According to Xbox.com I have over 100 items that are licensed to my old console that I need on my new console. 

Allow me to step in, here.  I have two Xbox 360's--my main 360 (250gb 360s) and the family 360 in the living room (60gb Jasper).  I tried to do the transfer on Xbox.com and for some reason, it wouldn't go through.  I called the phone number and some really nice lady answered the phone.  I told her my situation and they performed the license transfer.  I got an email saying the transfer was complete.

Here's the unbelievable part:  All of the content that I'd purchased on the original 360 (the 60gb) is still playable on BOTH 360's(online or offline no matter who wants to play it)!!  Fifty-Plus full fledged Arcade games!!  I smile everytime I think about it.

This whole article has absolutely nothing to do with you guy's debate, though.

Here's the question we need to find the answer to:  When a console is "banned from Xbox Live", is it banned entirely?  Can it still purchase content or rent movies?  Is it just banned from online multi-player?  Part of me thinks that it is forced to revert to silver but I have nothing to base this on.  If it can connect to the internet at all, I'm sure XBL customer service can perform the  license transfer and the guy can just queue up the content on Xbox.com.  But I don't know.  Anyway, carry on.

*edit*  I just youtub-ed "Banned 360".  I was wrong.  If a 360 is banned, you can't do shit!!  I guess this is written in the user agreement.  But who reads that shit?

Seece said:

What the hell does it even mean?

What does any of it mean?  What is the meaning of life?  It's value is nothing more than the value we place on it.

Oh, and "Pound Her Stank" means "have rough sex with her vagina".

Tony_Stark said:

No, you have to do it from your new Xbox/ profile. They guide you through the steps over the phone.

Exactly, but you have to log on to XBL with the profile you purchased the items with, no? 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Antabus said:

No, you don't buy them.

If you buy something, you own it. Not just the rights to use the thing you bought. Like, you could sell the product you have bought. People's stupidity does not make rental a sold game.

I actually mailed Valve and they said that I can't sell the games. Heck, they told me that I can't even sell my account. How is that owning something when in actuality all you have is the right to use the product? Tell me, please?

Hasn't been tested in court. Now I will move purely to conjecture rather than what I feel is 100%, but I think it would be ruled that you do own a copy of the game and you are allowed to sell it the same as a physical object.

But that is NOT rental. If Valve withdrew access to their games to a group of people they don't like, that would not be within their rights even if the TOS said so. To use an extreme example, imagine they did that to black people and put that in the TOS. Would it be within their rights to do that?

Now on the topic of what SHOULD happen, rather than what does: I believe all digital distribution games should carry the same rights as a physical copy to unlimited format transfer for personal use and the right to sell on.

Around the Network
Soleron said:
Antabus said:

No, you don't buy them.

If you buy something, you own it. Not just the rights to use the thing you bought. Like, you could sell the product you have bought. People's stupidity does not make rental a sold game.

I actually mailed Valve and they said that I can't sell the games. Heck, they told me that I can't even sell my account. How is that owning something when in actuality all you have is the right to use the product? Tell me, please?

Hasn't been tested in court. Now I will move purely to conjecture rather than what I feel is 100%, but I think it would be ruled that you do own a copy of the game and you are allowed to sell it the same as a physical object.

But that is NOT rental. If Valve withdrew access to their games to a group of people they don't like, that would not be within their rights even if the TOS said so. To use an extreme example, imagine they did that to black people and put that in the TOS. Would it be within their rights to do that?

Now on the topic of what SHOULD happen, rather than what does: I believe all digital distribution games should carry the same rights as a physical copy to unlimited format transfer for personal use and the right to sell on.

Huh? Of course the rent can't be terminated within what is said on the contract/agreement. If the rentee breaks the agreed rules, renter can terminate the rent. Pretty simple.

I don't know about american legal system, but I think someone would shout "racism" and that clause on TOS would be taken off. In my opinion, everyone should be able to pick their customers, so I think that they should be within their rights to do that. But that is just my opinion. And since we are on american forum, I want to make clear that my opinion has nothing to do with racism. That is just a reply to his extreme example, it would have been the same if he had used any other segment of customers.

I can agree on your last notion, that is how it should be.

d21lewis said:
Seece said:

What the hell does it even mean?

What does any of it mean?  What is the meaning of life?  It's value is nothing more than the value we place on it.

Oh, and "Pound Her Stank" means "have rough sex with her vagina".

I think you're mixing up "pink" and "stink"... which is fine on the internet but best avoided with your partner.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Antabus said:

Huh? Of course the rent can't be terminated within what is said on the contract/agreement. If the rentee breaks the agreed rules, renter can terminate the rent. Pretty simple.

I don't know about american legal system, but I think someone would shout "racism" and that clause on TOS would be taken off. In my opinion, everyone should be able to pick their customers, so I think that they should be within their rights to do that. But that is just my opinion. And since we are on american forum, I want to make clear that my opinion has nothing to do with racism. That is just a reply to his extreme example, it would have been the same if he had used any other segment of customers.

If you agree with the last part, we are just arguing over whether the courts have enough foresight to interpret consumer protection laws in these cases such that the companies would not have a right to withdraw access just based on a TOS clause.

I hope one of these kind of cases does go to court and apply the same rights as physical media to digital media.

Oh come on,that was alittle harsh for a gamertag,what is some mother going to see that and get offended. People need to lighten up.

Soleron said:
Antabus said:

If you agree with the last part, we are just arguing over whether the courts have enough foresight to interpret consumer protection laws in these cases such that the companies would not have a right to withdraw access just based on a TOS clause.

I hope one of these kind of cases does go to court and apply the same rights as physical media to digital media.

No, you are arguing that you would actually own the games you "buy" from dd-services. That is false. For example, the most popular dd-service on pc. Steam:

There is no option to sell a game you have bought. Therefore, you can't sell that game. If you sell an account, this will happen (and has happened to a friend of mine);

• Buying, Selling, or Trading Accounts

Accounts which have been bought, sold or traded will be suspended. This includes any other accounts in your possession at the time of the sale or trade, regardless of whether those accounts were also sold or not.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5406-WFZC-5519

Conclusion: You don't own those games, you just rent them. 

edit:

Just to make sure that we are clear about this, that is their policy. It is a fact, untill it gets disputed in court. It is not another way around like you seem to think.