By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Writing off the 360

Schwarz said:
TOO EARLY TO WRITE OFF ANYONE OF THE THREE COMPANIES,IMO.

Ahh, but it's never too late to turn off caps-lock! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
People (Wii Fanboys) are writing it off because the Wii had an 1 million+ week, now they are on a high, thinking it can't be stopped.

Actually Sony fanboys are the ones claiming that the 360 is dead. Daily we read something like "omg Ps3 won despite the 360 having more games and lower prices! ps3 will sell like 20x more than the 360 in 08!"

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

360 will outsell PS3 in 2008. It may be by 200K but it will.

End of 2008 predcition:

Wii: 34 million

360: 23-26.5 million

PS3: 15-18 million

Yes, I find it interesting that the dominant Sales debate on this and other sites is whether or not the PS3 beats the 360 or vice versa, considering that this is the battle for LAST PLACE out of 6 consoles right now. Unless either can significantly increase Sales, NEITHER is a success and the question of who comes last and who comes second-to-last is purely academic

@Mummelmann Already mentioned in another thread XD

Quality for Life

Around the Network
Schwarz said:
@Mummelmann Already mentioned in another thread XD

And you listened! Good man! Reminds me of a stubborn friend I had who refused to buy a new cellphone, he had a Nokia 3210for 9 years... in the end his space button had gone and he could only write big letters with a period between words to tell them apart. Till his period button went...

carlos710 said:
DMeisterJ said:
People (Wii Fanboys) are writing it off because the Wii had an 1 million+ week, now they are on a high, thinking it can't be stopped.

Actually Sony fanboys are the ones claiming that the 360 is dead. Daily we read something like "omg Ps3 won despite the 360 having more games and lower prices! ps3 will sell like 20x more than the 360 in 08!"

Yes, I've hard many claim that the PS3 will sell 160 million units next year.

Quality for Life

Yes, I find it interesting that the dominant Sales debate on this and other sites is whether or not the PS3 beats the 360 or vice versa, considering that this is the battle for LAST PLACE out of 6 consoles right now.

not completely
you say six consoles
but these really aren't directly competing each against five others
the gaming entertainment is not a a cohegent group anymore
the handhelds already had their own catagory, but with the wii nintendo has really taking a direction that is enough different that it might be the beginning of a third catagory; that of a new sort of interactive gaming

so in my opinion
you can't speak that these 6 are all direct competitors
of course they are if you look at the whole gaming industry
but to give value to sales of the ps3 relative to the nds is quite difficult if you understand what i mean

''Hadouken!''

i think 360 will doing well in North america and in UK, but for the rest of the world I think it will be very difficult for Microsoft in 2008.