By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Interscope to ship 2 million copies of lady gaga's new album in the U.S

week 1, more than double that number world wide..

WHo says Who says music doesn't sell, She says She says that she knows it can..

Interscope Records are goo goo for Gaga. The label is launching a massive marketing campaign at retail and high-profile television appearances when the entertainer’s sophomore album Born This Way hits stores next Tuesday (May 23rd).

Hits Daily Double reports Interscope has high expectations for the set and plans to ship a whopping 2 million copies of the album to a variety of retail outlets. Born This Way will be available at over 21,000 non-traditional retailers including CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Whole Foods, Costco, Nordstrom, Hot Topic, Radio Shack, Guitar Center, Starbucks, and online at Gilt Groupe.

Rant:   DAMN!!! Interscope Records isn’t playing when it comes to ensuring Lady Gaga’s sophomore album makes history. With 2 million physical copies being shipped to retailers, thousands already purchased via pre-order and the sales from digital downloads, Born This Way is posed to MURDER the charts next week.

How many copies do you think Gaga will sell in her first week?

source

watch lady gaga perform a snippet of her promo track "The edge of glory" here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMUpcEaOGLE

fyi.. she has sold 23 million albums to date.. yes her first album along with her rerelease of her first album

mM
Around the Network

lol leo-J u haven't been here in like one year and you still in love with Ms Gaga.

I guess you could say it pertains to sales but I don't want chocolate in my peanut butter, peanut butter in my chocolate, or Lady GaGa on the front page of VGChartz......

i will be buying it digitally thank you very much.

I've done a slight uturn .. and think this album is above average now, with a few songs I really like.

Still though, it's not FM

Around the Network

I'll probably get the songs I want off of Zune (with Zune pass)

Not a fan of her new album.
Well, good for her I guess.

Why is this in the gaming sales forum, though? It should be in the off-topic forum.

It's "sophomoric", not "sophomore".

She's overstuffing the channels! 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

dsister said:

She's overstuffing the channels! 

XD very funny