By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance 3 Box Art Revealed!!!

I'm a fan of simple boxarts which have been missing this gen, so even though I have no care for R3 I'm happy to see such a great boxart being used.

Former something....

Around the Network
kitler53 said:

it reminds me very much of ...

... which only makes me even more inclined to love it. 

Haha I was thinking the exact same thing. ^_^

like it...ius that WW cover...or just american cover?

Seece said:
pizzahut451 said:
Seece said:
pizzahut451 said:
Seece said:

I'm aware it'd odd me posting this, but I am because it's already one of my fav box arts this gen!!!

Despite not telling us anything or giving us any kind of idea about the game?

Doesn't need to tell me anything .. I'm going by the image.

what can you possibly tell by the image on that boxart?

That I like it??? I don't give a fuck what the game is about, that isn't what makes a great boxart!

C'mon Its a Chimaira skull that covers the skyline !!! isnt it obvious?  WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT??? A CHIMAIRA DANCING AND SINGIN "THE WORLD CANT EVEN HANDLE ME RIGHT NOW???" WUAAAAAT?! IMMA TAKING OVER THE WORLD signed: THE CHIMAIra!!!

If that cover doesnt say anything WOW

It actually says EVERYTHING! great pice of art

I don't like it. Too generic looking.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

I think people are used to their boxarts filled with crap.  First of all, if you don't get what Resistance is about by the third entry you have to be challenged.  Aliens are trying to take over the world, what is so hard?  What could they put on the box that will make you go "oh, NOW I get it." C'mon people.  They did something simple, brief and maybe a little abstract compared to "insert generic person looking angry" or "insert generic human shooting alien" cover.  And it's SOOOOOO abstract that it uses the primary enemys face while also putting the N.Y. Skyline inisde it. 

Art can be simple and beautiful.  The best boxarts are the the ones you look at and instantly go "that's pretty cool" in like 2 seconds.  Some of the greatest paintings, book covers and c.d. covers are little more than something like this.  I think it's pretty badass actually, it's different.

sorry but thats a neat boxart its very very good probably best ive seen

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Wait wait, since when is R3 move compatible?! Where the fuck was I when this was announced?! If it's true, OMG, I am now the happiest little girl.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

NYANKS said:

I think people are used to their boxarts filled with crap.  First of all, if you don't get what Resistance is about by the third entry you have to be challenged.  Aliens are trying to take over the world, what is so hard?  What could they put on the box that will make you go "oh, NOW I get it." C'mon people.  They did something simple, brief and maybe a little abstract compared to "insert generic person looking angry" or "insert generic human shooting alien" cover.  And it's SOOOOOO abstract that it uses the primary enemys face while also putting the N.Y. Skyline inisde it. 

Art can be simple and beautiful.  The best boxarts are the the ones you look at and instantly go "that's pretty cool" in like 2 seconds.  Some of the greatest paintings, book covers and c.d. covers are little more than something like this.  I think it's pretty badass actually, it's different.

Why thank you. I always knew my avatar was nice :3

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

eww