By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of war 3 to break records?

Gears of War to break records?

Will beat reach 29 39.73%

Will beat COD 7 9.59%

None of the above. 36 49.32%

Total:72
kogfrostman said:

I'm going to say that it will beat halo but not cod. First week sales I think will hit over 3 million.

will have to be over 4 million to beat halo. Maybe thats what u meant to say.

Around the Network

I still think it can beat Halo Reach and it will be the best sold Gears to date. Both 1 and 2 sold 6 million with mediocre online (yes that includes Gears 1, having to option to always host makes it good for you but not the other players playing, i prefer Gears 2 model tbh, even though it still sucks).

The Beta alone had over 1 million players, that is at least 3 million day one sales right there. And preorder has already hit 1 million with exactly 4 month to release. This doesn't mean it automatically will outsell Halo Reach however, but i seriously think it has a good shot. It wont outsell Cod though.

seo expert - pet boarding in fort lauderdale - pet grooming in fort lauderdale

It could reach,but I don't it'll beat black ops.

In VGchartz polls we have it beating atleast halo reach. Votes show that a higher percentage say it will beat something rather then not. However the votes are close if you add it up that way.  So we will see if this trend keeps going, well if this thread stays around.

Around the Network

Funk yea it will beat halo. I'm going with 4 million week one. The game is EPIC! EPIC!

Halo going to be decrowned unless halo is pushing out another one.

Looks like gears of war 3 has not slowed down. So lets see what the numbers produce. This game deserve the spot more than any other game.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/86516/americas-preorders-chart-28-may-2011-mw3-shoots-up-the-charts/

I'd rather then fix their online before they try to break records. Gears 1-like multiplayer would be nice...

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

the arguement that there are no other big exclusive games coming out these holidays is stupid. 90% of gamers don't care if the game is exclusive. Call of Duty, Battlefield 3, Elder Scrolls V, and Batman Arkham City will all be heavily preordered this holiday as well. No sane gamer is going to think crap I've only preordered multiplatforms, better preorder gears of war even though I don't want it because I haven't preordered an exclusive yet.

While its current preorder numbers are insane, not only will it not beat halo reach's first week, I'm willing to bet it won't come within 1mil units of halo reach's first week. 

Still it will be a bigger imrovement over gears 2 first weel, than halo reach was over halo 3 first week in my opinion =), but comparing the sales directly with halo reach or black ops is ridiculous.