By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of war 3 to break records?

Gears of War to break records?

Will beat reach 29 39.73%

Will beat COD 7 9.59%

None of the above. 36 49.32%

Total:72
yo_john117 said:
BenVTrigger said:
yo_john117 said:
BenVTrigger said:

It will beat Halo Reach's first week.

But It will not outsell Black Op's first week on 360 I don't think.  What was 1st week sale for Black Op's on just the 360 again?

5.3 million I think.

Yeah no way Gears does that.

But it will beat Reach or at the very least be very close to it, which is still rediculous huge sales.

Yeah It would be pretty sweet if Gears 3 could even come close to Reach's sales. And week by week its looking more and more possible that it will.

Just wait till you see Modern Warfare 3's pre-orders.

We started offering them yesterday and we had 22 as a store first day and our region was even bigger, for first day pre-orders thats unheard of.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
yo_john117 said:
BenVTrigger said:
yo_john117 said:
BenVTrigger said:

It will beat Halo Reach's first week.

But It will not outsell Black Op's first week on 360 I don't think.  What was 1st week sale for Black Op's on just the 360 again?

5.3 million I think.

Yeah no way Gears does that.

But it will beat Reach or at the very least be very close to it, which is still rediculous huge sales.

Yeah It would be pretty sweet if Gears 3 could even come close to Reach's sales. And week by week its looking more and more possible that it will.

We started offering them yesterday and we had 22 as a store first day and our region was even bigger, for first day pre-orders thats unheard of.

Oh man I know MW3 is gonna be absolutely insane! 6 million FW on the 360 is a possibility IMO (unless they really eff it up or the Halo Remake gets announced for this fall and turns out to be ridiculously amazing)

I actually got suckered into pre-ordering MW3 because they were giving an awesome free poster right away if you pre-ordered it...I plan to cancel my pre-order for the game in a month or so though.

yo_john117 said:

BenVTrigger

Oh man I know MW3 is gonna be absolutely insane! 6 million FW on the 360 is a possibility IMO (unless they really eff it up or the Halo Remake gets announced for this fall and turns out to be ridiculously amazing)

I actually got suckered into pre-ordering MW3 because they were giving an awesome free poster right away if you pre-ordered it...I plan to cancel my pre-order for the game in a month or so though.

Haha I made a thread about those awesome pre-order poster yesterday with pics even!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=128718&page=1

BenVTrigger said:
yo_john117 said:

BenVTrigger

Haha I made a thread about those awesome pre-order poster yesterday with pics even!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=128718&page=1

Lol yeah I figured a free poster (which looks hella cool) is worth it!

If you only count sales figures on the X360, then yes anything is possible. However, there is no way it will break sales figures as compared to games that sold to multiple consoles. Only Nintendo can do that in regards to lifetime sales.

Around the Network

Not a chance. VG is overtracking Gears 3 for sure. But no doubt that Gears will be huge!

dsage01 said:

Not a chance. VG is overtracking Gears 3 for sure. But no doubt that Gears will be huge!

haha

Trust me......no its not

Gears of War:

Week 1 - 910k
Lifetime sales - ~6 Million
Time taken to hit 4 Million - 28/35 Weeks

Gears of War 2:

Week 1 - 1.9 Million
Lifetime sales - ~6 Million
Time taken to hit 4 Million - 8 Weeks (With a November launch)

Right. Now I've got that out of the way... I have to wonder if people seriously think a Gears of War game can open up to 4 Million in a single Week and beat Halo. Seriously. Halo Reach sold more in its first 10 Weeks than either Gears or Gears 2 did in Years on the market.

I say 2.5 Million max Week 1.

One thing is for sure though it will be hype like Halo 3 and it could do round 8 mil Cuz Microsoft will throw a lot of many to promote it. I just don't see it beating Halo 2 lifetime sales. but that all depends of peoples response and reviews.

MonstaMack said:
Attoyou said:
MonstaMack said:

If it can do 3 million week one that would be pretty amazing. Gears 2 has done just over 6 million life to date, and Gears 1 did less then that.

Epic is going to be swimming in dough. Scrooge McDuck style.

Dude... you rock!

I second that motion!!!!!!!!!!!!