By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - THE END OF CONSOLE GAMING IS NIGH! Gaming heading to extinction...

THE END OF CONSOLE GAMING IS NIGH! Gaming heading to extinction...

Yes, console gaming will be dead in 5 years 8 4.42%

It will be dead in 10 years 5 2.76%

It will be replaced, but not 'killed' 24 13.26%

With smartphones, who needs consoles? 4 2.21%

It's FOX news. Get over yourself 122 67.40%

See results 18 9.94%

Total:181

PS4 will last for 10 years, so consoles can't be dead in 10 year :p

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

Next gen could very well be the last gen with home consoles, I believe portable will soon take over.

In Japan, this certainly seems to be the case.

Which is a shame. Because most Japanese developers will develop for handhelds-only, and consoles will lose great Japanese titles (DQIX is a good example), leaving the home consoles with little.

I'm not sayig handhelds are a bad thing-but sometimes I like to just look at a big TV in HD and play games for a couple hours. It just feels right. It's weird

Also-looking at the poll-there isn't much love for FOX on this site... And I agree that Patcher's quote was good and likely accurate-if I ever say that again, be sure to perma-ban me, OK?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I'll probably quit gaming if it heads to phones. That's not worth it to me. Hopefully games will still be made for PC

Wagram said:

I'll probably quit gaming if it heads to phones. That's not worth it to me. Hopefully games will still be made for PC

If it stays like it is now, as will I. I like 'proper' games, and Angry Birds only lasts me so long. I like the feel of buttons, I know it sounds weird, but when you lose them, you really take them fo granted...

I don't see that happening though. It will improve, but they'll always be a space for home consoles and Nintendo

Conegamer said:
Wagram said:

If it stays like it is now, as will I. I like 'proper' games, and Angry Birds only lasts me so long. I like the feel of buttons, I know it sounds weird, but when you lose them, you really take them fo granted...

I don't see that happening though. It will improve, but they'll always be a space for home consoles and Nintendo

I would rather bash my face into a wall over and over then play that.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
Conegamer said:
Wagram said:

You shouldn't criticise a free game which you've likely never played, you know...

Probably off topic, Why is this channel so popular? Is full of closed minded right whiners with barely any news at all.

Conegamer said:
Wagram said:
Conegamer said:
Wagram said:

You shouldn't criticise a free game which you've likely never played, you know...

People in my house play that. I have seen it, and it was gay.

if smart phones have games on it then gaming is not headed for extinction... what a stupid title

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

I would be inclined to disagree with them, but they quoted avid gamer Mark Ormond, so I don't really see how I can.

I've never known Avid Gamer Mark Ormond to be wrong about anything.

And as the nail in the coffin, Pachter agrees with him. Why are we even debating this? This is scientific fact now.

EDIT: Also it's written by a social media expert and freelance blogger.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective