By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is Sony's, Microsoft's and Nintendo's most valuable developer.

Naughty Dog, Epic, EAD3, respectively.

Around the Network

valuable?

polyphony digital.

they get the biggest budget and the most marketing and gran turismo 5 its the highest selling exclusive on ps3, 4th highest overall.

its not even up for debate.

fps_d0minat0r said:

valuable?

polyphony digital.

they get the biggest budget and the most marketing and gran turismo 5 its the highest selling exclusive on ps3, 4th highest overall.

Interestingly, here's a rough list of games sold per developer published by Sony for PS3.

So far:

Polyphony Digital: 10.28 million

Insomniac: 10.07 million

Naughty Dog: 8.24 million

Sony Santa Monica: 6.11 million

Media Molecule: 5.65 million

Evolution Studios:  4.73 million

SCE London: 4.50 million

Guerrilla Games: 4.14 million

San Diego Studio: 2.98 million

Relentless Software: 1.87 million

Zipper Interactive: 1.47 million

Didn't include any download sales obviously. Didn't include studios with only one game.

Still looking at that list only highlights how poor Zipper have been this generation and how successful Media Molecule have been in such a short span of time.

Also how huge Insomniac are to Sony.

Sony: Polyphony Digital by far. They have the highest selling exclusive on the ps2 and the highest selling on the ps3, it's no debate.

MS: It was Bungie, but now that they left, it's probably Rare. I have a feeling 343 Studios will take Rare's place once they start making games.     

Nintendo: I'm not that familar with their developers, but I would have to probably go with Mario developers or Game Freak. 

Game Freak or EAD5. Game Freak has a more consistent track record, however.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

sony - naughty dog

nintendo - gamefreak

xbots - epic games

Pokemanic said:

sony - naughty dog

nintendo - gamefreak

xbots - epic games

Is a comment like that really necessary? 

Dallinor said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

valuable?

polyphony digital.

Interestingly, here's a rough list of games sold per developer published by Sony for PS3.

So far:

Didn't include any download sales obviously. Didn't include studios with only one game.

Still looking at that list only highlights how poor Zipper have been this generation and how successful Media Molecule have been in such a short span of time.

unfortunately insomniac went multiplat so sony will need someone to replace them next gen. but to be fair, polyphony digital has only realease 1 real game and a prologue while insomniac has 2 resistance and i think 3 ratchet and clanks.

Dallinor said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

valuable?

polyphony digital.

So far:

The Naughty Dog software sales are gonna be in first once Uncharted 3 comes out.

BTW how does Insomniac have so many sales? I thought the only games they've released are Resistance games and ratchet and clank games.

Nintendo: No doubt its Retro Studios.

Sony: Naughty Dog just b/c they have the best games imo.

Microsoft: I'm not to sure b/c Bungie is gone now.