By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is Sony's, Microsoft's and Nintendo's most valuable developer.

Sony's best is Naughty Dog, of course.

Microsoft's best was Bungie, but they left soo... I don't see a BEST one.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Dallinor said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

valuable?

polyphony digital.

they get the biggest budget and the most marketing and gran turismo 5 its the highest selling exclusive on ps3, 4th highest overall.

its not even up for debate.

Interestingly, here's a rough list of games sold per developer published by Sony for PS3.

So far:

Polyphony Digital: 10.28 million

Insomniac: 10.07 million

Naughty Dog: 8.24 million

Sony Santa Monica: 6.11 million

Media Molecule: 5.65 million

Evolution Studios:  4.73 million

SCE London: 4.50 million

Guerrilla Games: 4.14 million

San Diego Studio: 2.98 million

Relentless Software: 1.87 million

Zipper Interactive: 1.47 million

Didn't include any download sales obviously. Didn't include studios with only one game.

Still looking at that list only highlights how poor Zipper have been this generation and how successful Media Molecule have been in such a short span of time.

Also how huge Insomniac are to Sony.

The Naughty Dog software sales are gonna be in first once Uncharted 3 comes out.

BTW how does Insomniac have so many sales? I thought the only games they've released are Resistance games and ratchet and clank games.

Resistance 1 was the FIRST ps3 game, and was cool for its time, so there come the sales

all their other games, barely passed 2 mil

yo_john117 said:

The Naughty Dog software sales are gonna be in first once Uncharted 3 comes out.

BTW how does Insomniac have so many sales? I thought the only games they've released are Resistance games and ratchet and clank games.

Well, they've been busy - there are 2 Resistance and 3 R&C games already and should their release schedule remain as planned, then there will be another entry for each IP this year. 7 releases in 5 years is a pretty good quota.

Resistance: Fall of Man --- 3.80m

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction --- 2.15m

Resistance 2 --- 2.13m

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time --- 1.37m

Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty --- 0.62m (retail sales)

= 10.07m 

DeduS said:
yo_john117 said:

Well, they've been busy - there are 2 Resistance and 3 R&C games allready and should their release schedule remain as planned, then there will be another entry for each IP this year. 7 releases in 5 years is a pretty good quota.

Resistance 2 --- 2.13m

= 10.07m 

oh didnt know tools of destruction passed 2mil, cool

and I think Quest for booty  was downloaded more than bought on retail, so, wow

DeduS said:
yo_john117 said:

Well, they've been busy - there are 2 Resistance and 3 R&C games already and should their release schedule remain as planned, then there will be another entry for each IP this year. 7 releases in 5 years is a pretty good quota.

Resistance 2 --- 2.13m

= 10.07m 

Thanks!

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Dallinor said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

valuable?

polyphony digital.

they get the biggest budget and the most marketing and gran turismo 5 its the highest selling exclusive on ps3, 4th highest overall.

its not even up for debate.

Interestingly, here's a rough list of games sold per developer published by Sony for PS3.

So far:

Polyphony Digital: 10.28 million

Insomniac: 10.07 million

Naughty Dog: 8.24 million

Sony Santa Monica: 6.11 million

Media Molecule: 5.65 million

Evolution Studios:  4.73 million

SCE London: 4.50 million

Guerrilla Games: 4.14 million

San Diego Studio: 2.98 million

Relentless Software: 1.87 million

Zipper Interactive: 1.47 million

Didn't include any download sales obviously. Didn't include studios with only one game.

Still looking at that list only highlights how poor Zipper have been this generation and how successful Media Molecule have been in such a short span of time.

Also how huge Insomniac are to Sony.

Well it could come down to a close race between Naughty Dog and Insomniac.

Insomniac should sell roughly 3 million with their next two games, while ND will probably sell 4-5 million with U3 putting them at about equal.

Then who knows when the next GT will be.

It will be an interesting chart to review in time after new releases change the rankings.

I am surprised SCE london - the studio many consider to have done little for Sony this gen have sold more games than Guerilla Games.

And, I have to state again how god awful Zipper have been this generation. That's a purchase I'd imagine Sony are regretting.