By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - will/is the 360 a success?

x360 sux.
3-4 discs sux.
long donwloadings sux.
paying for online gaming sux.
rrod issues sux.
little worlds limited with dvd sux.
bad multiplatform on ps3, because x360 was lead platform sux.

x360 is only negative console. No positive things.
All games released on x360 should be released on ps3, to get more FUN.
There is NO need of x360.

M$ is milking money from users, while sony making experience for USERS and then only milk money. UT3 FREE MODS anyone? Hooray to Microtransactions? It`s M$ who STARTED all this BULLSHIT, about not Releasing FULL games, and charging then for additional CONTENT, which SHOULD BE ALREADY BEEN IN THE GAME.

SO.. WHY SHOULD I LIKE M$ or X360?

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

That's it. You've been warned enough. At this point, you're just a moron. One week ban for blatant mod flaming.

Stickball, if you want to extend that ban, feel free.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

CrazzyMan said:
@mrstickball:

PS2 increased it`s sold number TWICE on second year.
x360 FAILED to do THAT.
Unless x360 will sell 20 mln. in 2008 - IT IS A TOTAL FAILURE.

And by the way, what logic? we speak about SALES, not price cut. Don`t try use your imagination, instead of my words.

MY LOGIC:
http://vgchartz.com/worldcons.php?date=36951&sort=0
After FIRST WW Christmas without shortages:
Sony Mar-2001 10.61 mln.

http://vgchartz.com/worldcons.php?date=37316&sort=0
After SECOND WW Christmas without shortages:
Sony Mar-2002 28.68 mln.

http://vgchartz.com/worldcons.php?date=37681&sort=0
After THIRD WW Christmas without shortages:
Sony Mar-2003 51.20 mln.

http://vgchartz.com/worldcons.php?date=39142&sort=0
After FIRST WW Christmas without shortages:
Microsoft Mar-2007 10.94

After SECOND WW Christmas without shortages:
It will be somewhere near 18,5 mln. -> FAILURE.

p.s.
1) make peole to stop posting bullshit.
2) i didn`t noticed what forum this was, and i don`t go into M$ forums, i just clicked the thread, which was on MAIN page.
And i am not sony fanboy. =)
3) english is not my native language. If i start write in my native language, you will need a dictionary, is that better?

You're cute when you think you're right. Sad for you, you're wrong. =)

See? I can add smileys to try to make it seem like I'm not a fanboy, too! 

The BuShA owns all!

Software sales = 10/10

Hardware sales = 7/10

News Press = 5/10 (RRoD was/still bad news)

Overall the X360 is a success mainly due to it's software sales and the fact that after two years it's still #1 in NA.

WiiFit will be 2008 #1 selling game in NORTH AMERICA!  
End of '08 Predictions: Wii - 48m X360 - 25m  PS3 - 19m
Wii monthly NA sales will top 400k every month in '08. *Jan sales ruined it. Grrrr!*
WiiFit will top 1m in sales in its first month of release in North America.
MGS4 will NOT be released in '08. *Darn it!* FF13 will NOT be released in '08.
Rockband Wii will top 600k in first month sales in North America.
WiiFit will pass the PS3 WW sales by Xmas '09.

Lol @ crazy sharks being slapped out of the water...

Around the Network

The goal of Microsoft is to stop Sony in their tracks.
They did that (OK, admittedly the Wii did that) so in their eyes its a success.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

Xbox 360 is a massive success! It has been out for just over two years, and is slowly catching up to the original Xbox, in terms of sales. It has surpassed the Saturn, Dreamcast, catching up the Gamecube, and continues to sell more than the Playstation 3. The Xbox's golden games were Halo, and Halo 2. The Xbox 360's golden games are, of course, Halo 3, and many games that are in fact, "better" than Halo 3. The Xbox 360 is one of the greatest video game consoles of all time. In the shortest time frame possibile, it has probably accumulated the most of the greatest video games of all time. Also, games that have been released for both the Playstation 3, and Xbox 360, have almost consistantly, recieved higher reviews, on the technically inferior console, the Xbox 360. Don't get me wrong, the Playstation 3 has its masterpieces, but it's too new to compare to that of the Xbox 360's.

I think we can't really call the 360 a success until it manages a profitable year, which make take a while.

Still the combination of high attachment rates, larger market percentage and the success of the pay per service gold xbox live and downloadable content should really be considered a success. We're finally starting to see the home entertainment centerpiece MS has been aiming for.

Its way too early to tell but they are off to a bad start although the sales numbers seem to state otherwise.

Although the software sales are great for the 360, the hardware sales are abysmal. You have to remember that for 33% of the systems Microsoft has been selling theyve been giving another or in some cases more away for free to account for the hardware problems. When companies are already losing money on each system sold, by giving away so many systems to account for hardware issues sets Microsofts sales in terms of dollers back extremely far. Even with the great sales from games like Halo Microsoft will be struggling for a long time to make up for the sofware sales to outweigh the hardware losses.

Soriku said:
leo-j said:
It hasnt made microsoft money rocketpig, how is it a sucess?

Erm...if success is based on the companies making profit, then the PS3 isn't a success either.

what did I become I actually agree with Soriku....... and couldn't expect more from leo