By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First L.A. NOIRE review is in, and.....

I find it hard to be excited for a game they've shown absolutely minimal gameplay of. I mean, it's a few days from launch, I've watched all the trailers, and I still have no clue how it plays. Not too surprising, considering Rockstar's marketing it.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network
Gojimaster said:

I think this game should be a top 3 GOTY contender in 2011.  Looks absolutely amazing and ground-breaking for a video-game.

You haven't even played it!?

richardhutnik said:
Snesboy said:
ssj12 said:

To bad its not on PC, so im not getting it. Good looking game though.

Ditto on this.

Is this more linear than GTA or is it just GTA in the 1920s?

I believe it is set in the 1940s.  Also, it isn't supposed to be a sandbox game, so it won't be quite like GTA.  The idea is to make one feel they are in a noire detective story, thus the title.  Rockstar doesn't only do sandbox games, eventhough that is what they are noted for.

You know, originally I put 1940s but just switched it to 20s because of the mafia vibe I was getting from the game. Thanks for the input.

Sounds a bit like Heavy Rain but larger.

That OXM review is a fake.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network

cant wait :D 

but i have to pay for this unity workshop run by apple, so no LA Niore, Hopefully my brother picks it up instead of MX V AT

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Is it true that you can only buy this at Walmart?  If so this stinks since I'm a union guy.  Not that I planned on buying this game, but buying from Walmart goes against my beliefs.

OT:  It does look like a good game for what it is.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Always nice to get a few perfect scores in on a upcoming game.

Nsanity said:

I was about to post this :P

Of course you were.

Seece said:
Euphoria14 said:
BenVTrigger said:

I have a feeling in terms of reviews the game is going to be VERY high on Metacritic.

I do wonder though if it will be able to see similar success in sales to Red Dead Redemption. Either way it looks simply fantastic.

While I hope they are, I believe they shouldn't.

L.A. Noire took 7 years to make and if IGN and other outlets reviews of GT5 are anything to go by, this game should get docked point because of the dev time.

Utterly utterly ridiculous.

OT: 2 perfect score so far, bodes well!

It's called a joke.

I have had this game preordered for a long time now and picking it up on Tuesday.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!