By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Trades increased by 200% since PSN crash

@Kasz216

I know tell me about it. For some reason the hardcore PS3 only fans on this site like to call me a "360" fanboy even though I play my PS3 pretty much constantly. I think its because I don't just mindlessly defend every single thing Sony does and praise every game for it. Oh well to be honest I don't really care anymore I know I love my PS3 and Sony's games so whatever.

Around the Network

its an extremely amusing situation when you have people who don't own ps3s being more concerned about the disabling of one of the ps3s features and in addition complaining more than people who don't own ps3s ( that observation isn't confined to this thread )

o_O.Q said:

wow man you jumped on me fast its just an observation im sure if you go looking at threads similar to this one and its also present in this one too... or maybe im just being paranoid... btw i've seen you in loads of these threads you own a ps3? because you seem to be deeply invested in this issue

Yep.... and a PSP for that matter to.

BenVTrigger said:

@Kasz216

I know tell me about it. For some reason the hardcore PS3 only fans on this site like to call me a "360" fanboy even though I play my PS3 pretty much constantly. I think its because I don't just mindlessly defend every single thing Sony does and praise every game for it. Oh well to be honest I don't really care anymore I know I love my PS3 and Sony's games so whatever.

That's why everyone wants to be a "lifestyle" brand.  Once you assosiate the brand as a part of your identity you will defend almost anything that brand does... because a screwup by that brand is like admitting a screw up of yourself.

In videogames it all started with Sega, was how they positioned themselves against Nintendo.  Makes sense when you think about it.  Videogames are usually a time intensive hobby and started when people are pretty impressionable.

Scary that marketing can effect people that much... but there is nobody to blame but those who buy into it.

o_O.Q said:

its an extremely amusing situation when you have people who don't own ps3s being more concerned about the disabling of one of the ps3s features and in addition complaining more than people who don't own ps3s ( that observation isn't confined to this thread )

It's also extremely amusing when owners of said console continually try to belittle others opinions who do own said console and are angry that those features were disabled.  You don't care, we get it but others do and people like you just keep the argument going when it really doesn't need to be brought up anymore.  Some people did actually buy their console in part because of what was an awesome feature.

Around the Network

@slowmo

who said i was reffering to linux? ( i was actually talking about psn )... lol you guys are quite sensitive aren't you?

but on that note with regards to linux what was sony suppposed to do? let the hackers break the console wide open? let the hackers completely undermine online play? let the hackers pirate all of the games they wanted? well at this point you wouldn't have to care anyway would you?

only people who are trading them in are 12 year olds who only play COD

Who cares about Infamous 2, Uncharted 3, Sorcery and the Last Guardian? I wanna play online NOOOW!

/sarcasm

I don't get why those people bought a ps3 in the first place. If all you care about is playing Call of Duty online, then why not buy a 360 in the first place? (since it's has a great online service).

o_O.Q said:

@slowmo

who said i was reffering to linux? ( i was actually talking about psn )... lol you guys are quite sensitive aren't you?

but on that note with regards to linux what was sony suppposed to do? let the hackers break the console wide open? let the hackers completely undermine online play? let the hackers pirate all of the games they wanted? well at this point you wouldn't have to care anyway would you?

PSN isn't a disabled feature it is currently unavailable so I'm not sure what you mean by your original statement in all honesty.  Your statement about meaning in context of other threads caused the confusion, I don't think I took it out of context, more a case of you didn't really write it very well (although I conceed the point if anyone else can dicepher what was a rather vague message).

Linux is a flogged horse as I said, no point covering old ground , plus I like my PS3 having the ability to connect to PSN and play the latest games (genuinely) so the hacks don't mean squat to me.  I care because of a precedent it's set that's all.

"PSN isn't a disabled feature" well actually it is... temporarily... what actually happened ( from where i stand ) is that my post was abstract and in your haste to contradict me you assumed that i mean't something i didn't... further more since the post is on the results of psn being down and i reffered to disabled features i suppose i only figured it would be obvious what feature i was reffering to ( although that observation applies to other features also as you noticed )... finally the funny thing about the linux debate is that people like yourself are very outspoken about it until the reasons sony took it out are discussed or the possible consequences of allowing the hackers to exploit it ( piracy, cheating etc ) are raised