By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Trades increased by 200% since PSN crash

kurasakiichimaru said:

The fact that is only a member-exclusive offer means that the supply is very limited.

I know I'd pick up another PS3 at $200.

Doesn't matter whether it's because of a temporary sale limited to one retailer or a permanent price drop due to a redesign or simple price restructuring. Preferably another redesign that's even smaller than the last one.

And no, I'm not a GameStop member.

Around the Network

Lol calm your tits,bro. XD

I'd rather wait for a revision announcement first along a pricedrop instead of trade-ins with possible defect...

Imagine if Sony dropped the ball and included a better & cheaper PS2 compatibility program on that tool. You never know with Sony...XD

That's not saying much. If, for example, there were 1,000 trades before, it's 2,000 now. I would think the number of trades was negligible before, so twice as much as negligible equals... still negligible.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Lol our Power Up Rewards customers already number over 6 million, hardly in any way is that "limited"

http://www.colloquy.com/article_view.asp?xd=7929

Some of you people litteraly know nothing about gaming retail. I mean honestly, only 1,000 PS3 trades before? Lol just Gamestop alone we do FAR higher than that on any consoles. We're talking about well over a million console trade ins a year.

RolStoppable said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

That's not saying much. If, for example, there were 1,000 trades before, it's 2,000 now. I would think the number of trades was negligible before, so twice as much as negligible equals... still negligible.

Increased by 200 % means three times as much as before.

Yeah, suddenly this whole issue became serious business.

This is very serious, there's only one console left now. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

Increased by 200 % means three times as much as before.

Yeah, suddenly this whole issue became serious business.

You're right, I was thinking the trades were 200% of what they were before. It's still gonna be a really, really small number, though.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

This is a serious issue, Sony need to get the PSN back and with some damn good rewards - i'm guessing the best type of rewards would be free map packs for the COD games.

at the end i think PS3 will recover, it will take a few months to win back trust, but they will do it, but they need to make sure it never happens again!

A203D said:

This is a serious issue, Sony need to get the PSN back and with some damn good rewards - i'm guessing the best type of rewards would be free map packs for the COD games.

at the end i think PS3 will recover, it will take a few months to win back trust, but they will do it, but they need to make sure it never happens again!

I seriously doubt anyone is getting free COD map packs. That would be rather expensive. Sony is gonna offer some games, like they allready said. Games which won't cost them to much. At best something like uncharted one.

Winning back trust isn't that easy. Not to mention some momentum. Convincing casuals is hard work. Let's not forget: They still remember RROD, don't they.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

um didnt GS bump up there offer to $200 for trading in a ps3 till may 15

that could have something to do with it

cause i know im about to forfeit my legions with sony all cause PSN (a free service) is down for a month (mainly b/c sony had balls to step up to the hackers and sue em/ kick thos with CFW off PSN which resulted in a pirate free console, thats why this all happen why didnt anon/others do this when they took OS off yrs ago?) during  a relatively slow gaming period... lol

Play Me

We are getting rid of Cod maniacs, that's a good thing.