By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RE: Umbrella Chronicles Hands-on

cool cool, I wasn't flaming you or anything...fps isn't really an issue with me either...although I certainly can tell the difference between 30 and 60...especially on my computer playing FPSs and the like.

I just gotta agree with Deegan...there really hasn't been any news on RE5 since it was announced nearly 2 years ago...apparently some developers from Clover Studios, makers of Viewtiful Joe and Okami, were called to help recently with both RE5 and UC. I can see a Wii announcement about RE5 happening whenever they kick things into gear...but we'll have to wait and see.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
Deegan said:
windbane said:

"The game is running in 480p and 16:9 widescreen at a fluidity of 30 frames per second." What is it about the Wii and running only at 30fps? (note: this comment is directed at shams, heh).

Anyway, I look forward to the story elements of this game. I guess I'm a freak because I like the story of resident evil? Also, returning to the mansion will be a lot of fun because that and 2 are where the story was at it's best imo. Will be refreshing to finish the game in 1 day (they said 15 to 20 hours right ;)

This game looks nice but I still don't think RE5 will be on the Wii. It would most likely have to be completely redone.

Why? They did it with RE4 for PS2 before, and they downgraded the graphic too. They will do it again if it can make money. GC has the most completed RE series (RE0 to RE4). Now Wii is backward compatible, and it is the most popular console right now. People can play the whole series (RE0 - RE5) on one console. Was that the reason why Mikami make RE4 for GC? And some people prefer solid control to prettier graphic (Godfaher). There's really no reason Capcom won't do it. I bet they'll announce RE5 for Wii, sooner or later. Keep my finger crossed.

The gamecube was only slightly more powerful than the PS2 and I'm not sure they downgraded much.  Some stuff probably looked better.  Having 9GB of space would be nice compared to 1.5GB on the gamecube as well.  Anyway, the difference between PS3/360 and the Wii is a lot more than PS2 and Gamecube.  You can keep your fingers crossed, though.  I'll play it either way since I'll have both a PS3 and Wii.

BenKenobi88 said:
cool cool, I wasn't flaming you or anything...fps isn't really an issue with me either...although I certainly can tell the difference between 30 and 60...especially on my computer playing FPSs and the like.

I just gotta agree with Deegan...there really hasn't been any news on RE5 since it was announced nearly 2 years ago...apparently some developers from Clover Studios, makers of Viewtiful Joe and Okami, were called to help recently with both RE5 and UC. I can see a Wii announcement about RE5 happening whenever they kick things into gear...but we'll have to wait and see.

If the control scheme was better it might even be a better game on the Wii. I still doubt it ,but Capcom does seem to like Nintendo.

You apparently haven't played RE4 on GC and PS2...yikes. The PS2 did have those bonus missions or whatever...I'm sure that was great. I'm looking forward to playing that stuff in the new Wii version. But it wasn't really better other than that...it had horrible jaggies compared to GC.

EDIT:  Also, I bet Dead Rising put a nice slowdown on RE5 production.  I bet they want to make a sequel out of that too.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

diamuerto said:

Think House of the Dead, in my opinion better.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/780/780373p1.html

First I think it looks quit fun, I would love to play this game with then gun attachment to the Wiimote that Nintendo showed us.

Second, this House of the Dead, I have actuly never heard of it, it it a light gun game?

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network

Yeah, it's a light gun arcade game.  For many years my friends and I have always wanted a lightgun shooter game like House of the Dead to play at home...the Wii seems to be a good answer now with this game.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

BenKenobi88 said:
Yeah, it's a light gun arcade game.  For many years my friends and I have always wanted a lightgun shooter game like House of the Dead to play at home...the Wii seems to be a good answer now with this game.

Ok thanks, and it is from? Doesn't Sega have a lot of light gun arcade games? I mean whit the resent Sega Love coming to Wii we might see more gun games Nintendo should of course release the lightgun shell!

(and yes arcades is non existant here in Sweden)

Anyway, back to topic: I must say that Capcom again shows that it is possible to make really nice looking games on Nintendo hardware, now I just hope that the other game makers shows some real effort to.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

whether or not it will be fun, it does look nice, for one of the first times.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

windbane said:

"The game is running in 480p and 16:9 widescreen at a fluidity of 30 frames per second." What is it about the Wii and running only at 30fps? (note: this comment is directed at shams, heh).

Oooh, touche :)

Actually, its the first (?) Wii game I know of that runs at 30fps (I think there was another one, but not sure what it was).

You'll have to ask the developers - but as I said in my previous posts on the topic, 60fps is sort of essential for FAST moving games  (racers, fliers, etc..). This would be very SLOW paced (or relatively), and it might also work better with the response times for the Wiimote (guessing).

It also means they can throw double the triangles at each scene. In short, its a decision the developers would have made for the game. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I'm pretty certain RE4 ran at "only" 30fps and it was more than playable (not to say it couldn't have been better)

Anyhoo, the video looks really nice, cinematic and pretty... my only complaint with what I've seen is that the zombies need to get more mangled. You should be able to shoot their limbs off and blow holes in them: this always trying for headshots would get un-fun very fast