By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tales of Graces F confirmed for PS3, 2011 or 2012 for US, 2012 for EU

will get both games when they come out :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

will get both games when they come out :)

I'll be buying ToGF. Still though it makes me mad that it takes that long. It makes me think they don't have faith in their series.

Wagram said:
Marteds said:
Wagram said:

That's bullshit man. Say what you want about SE but at least it doesn't take them 2 fucking years to translate text.

Tales of Graces F was released on December 2, 2010. Namco just announce the game was coming to North America at the end of February. So they have to translate the game and hire voice actors to record all the voice overs that takes some time depending on the game. Beside Square Enix works on translating the game while they are developing their games in Japan.

Tales of Graces however came out on Demember 9th 2009. You can't tell me that it is that hard for an additional ten hours of content.

Namco Bandai never started translating Tales of Graces. The only part of the game that was translated was the opening song.

Mr Khan said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Mr Khan said:
IxisNaugus said:

Well then what was the platform secrecy all about? They could have just told us in the very beginning they were only going to release the game for the PS3. This company is run by monkeys.

To bait fanboys along and buy up hype for the game on the cheap, leaving those of us who bought what is apparently the platform to abuse screwed, as usual

could it be just a case of saving the game for Project Cafe? At least that's what I thought of when I read about it

If it were a slightly more rational company, i would say so (i suspect that's what's going on with Sonic Generations and i hope that's what's going on with Soul Calibur V), but this is Bandai Namco, whose localization teams seem to only be aware of half the products the Japanese company puts out...

well I still would like to see what happens at E3. My guess is that they will announce it for Cafe there. If not yeah, it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever to keep this game exclusive

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Soriku said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

well I still would like to see what happens at E3. My guess is that they will announce it for Cafe there. If not yeah, it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever to keep this game exclusive

If it was coming to the Cafe they would've held back info at this event and not released that press release. Also I see no point in porting an essentially upscaled Wii game to the Cafe...Xillia would make more sense but I doubt it.

It's gong to be exclusive and Namco is retarded. I hope they're looking forward to selling not much better than the typical ~140k that DotNW and ToV sold (NPD numbers) in 2012...

hmm I dunno man..I just have this feeling :D and heck for everyones sake I hope I'm right ( I was right about tales of graces F localization at least)..

and I agree there is no reason to put this on the cafe instead of wii, but wouldn't be surprised if it's one of the 3rd party games for it announced at E3. Maybe with some extra content! and call it Tales of Graces: F*&%^!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Marteds said:
Wagram said:
Marteds said:
Wagram said:

That's bullshit man. Say what you want about SE but at least it doesn't take them 2 fucking years to translate text.

Tales of Graces F was released on December 2, 2010. Namco just announce the game was coming to North America at the end of February. So they have to translate the game and hire voice actors to record all the voice overs that takes some time depending on the game. Beside Square Enix works on translating the game while they are developing their games in Japan.

Tales of Graces however came out on Demember 9th 2009. You can't tell me that it is that hard for an additional ten hours of content.

Namco Bandai never started translating Tales of Graces. The only part of the game that was translated was the opening song.

That's not the point though. Why should we have to wait 2 years for a full price game? That's retarded.

They wont make a "Project Cafe" port, why would they? Theres absolutely no reason to when theres already 70 million Wiis outside of Japan. It would make NO sense what so ever.

^_^

Wagram said:
Marteds said:
Wagram said:
Marteds said:
Wagram said:

That's not the point though. Why should we have to wait 2 years for a full price game? That's retarded.

The point is we have to wait for Namco to translate Tales of Graces F or play the Japanese/Asian version. Beside Tales of Graces F release last December. So when the game comes to North America and Europe it would have been a whole year since the game release in Japan.

Who would have thought when Tales of Graces was first announced all that time ago for the Wii, exclusively, that the game would be released in the West, in a much better form, exclusively on PS3?

Amazing.

And PS3 exclusive is also weird for this. ToV sold over 350k in the West on 360. Totally should do a quick 360 port.

Carl2291 said:

Who would have thought when Tales of Graces was first announced all that time ago for the Wii, exclusively, that the game would be released in the West, in a much better form, exclusively on PS3?

Amazing.

And PS3 exclusive is also weird for this. ToV sold over 350k in the West on 360. Totally should do a quick 360 port.

I agree with about the 360 port since their is already a tales of fan base on the Xbox 360. If they would make a 360 version. I would probably buy Tales of Graces F again.