By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2 million DS sold in 1 week, bravo

Yeah, DS is absolutely sick. There is no doubt this thing is going to gobble up in to the 100 millions in a year or two.

My step dad's family witnessed a new DS, about 8 DS games, 4 Wii games, and the Yellow Box.

I don't ask for games for Christmas anymore (since I'm 24) but it was very Nintendo heavy.

Numbers: Checker Players > Halo Players

Checkers Age and replayability > Halo Age and replayability

Therefore, Checkers > Halo

So, Checkers is a better game than Halo.

Around the Network

Great news for the DS
all I need now is a sequal for hotel dusk

'You should try everything once in your life except incest, homosexuality and morris dancing' - Oscar Wylde (sort of)

@ killerman - I live in a student house, we have one DS and 6 PS2s beteween us. second hand PS2 games are from 4 for £10 and DS games second hand are all from £5+

It will end up selling 140-165 million by the time it dies.

Is there really any practical ceiling to how large the DS market might be? I'm starting to wonder if they might one day be as common as cell phones.

Around the Network

Wasen't the PS2 149$ the year it set the 1.75 record? or was it 179? can't remember, but it was not that expensive.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

I'm impressed....

2 million is a new record?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

People has different budget for handhelds and consoles. I am willing to pay $200 for a console does not mean I will pay $200 for a handheld. So if DS win PS2 it may still be on fair ground.

WW Market share prediction on 31st March 08 (I make this prediction on 13 Dec 07):

Wii - 50%

X360 - 30%

PS3 - 20%

@ kirby

I think so.
DS is the new king o' 1 week sales

(not even GBA can say that)

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!