By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - You can cancel your "psn is coming back up this weekend party" cuz it ain't

Shit after beating Dead Space 2 twice, Crysis 2, and Heavy Rain almost twice. I am finally ready to open my copy of Killzone 3 to play online cause 2 was fun as hell and now the service is still down.

Finally getting annoyed at this whole deal, but at least live COD and the forever addicting Valkyria Chronicles can keep me busy. This really sucks for those who constantly play online. In the end though it should be better. I hope they still add fucken cross chat those lazy bastardos.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
daroamer said:
Wagram said:
psrock said:

What a crappy company. If you think about Sony, all they do is make their fans wait. Wait for PS3, wait for games, wait for updates, wait , wait , wait for more. 

Making us wait for a free service that we don't pay for. Them sons a bitches.......

You realize this has also affected all their MMOs that people DO pay for?

EQ, EQ2, DCUO, Vanguard, SWG and more are all down until further notice.

And those people are recieving credit for lost time. So what exactly is the problem?

Wagram said:
daroamer said:
Wagram said:
psrock said:

What a crappy company. If you think about Sony, all they do is make their fans wait. Wait for PS3, wait for games, wait for updates, wait , wait , wait for more. 

Making us wait for a free service that we don't pay for. Them sons a bitches.......

And those people are recieving credit for lost time. So what exactly is the problem?

Seriously dude? LOL

thismeintiel said:
scabab07 said:

It was too expensive which is the reason why its so even now, by the time they dropped the price Xbox had gotten popular. If Xbox 3 and PS4 are roughly the same price PS4 will do just fine, if its the same as before then it wont have a chance.

Xbox has seen a tremedous growth from the last console its already doubled the sales of the last console and even though PS3 sells better now, Xbox sells alot more software. If Xbox see's another big jump theres no reason why it cant end Sony.

PS3 and Xbox 360 are 90% the same thing, there wont be room for that next time around.

You're right, there may not be room for that next gen.  But I can guaranty you that if that is the case, and barring any pricing mistakes from Sony, it will be MS that is forced out.

Agreed, it was the being out a good 18-24 months before PS3 and being much much cheaper is what killed PS3's early chances.

If PS4 can come out just 6 months after Xbox and its no more than $50 dearer itll be fine, it has the more loyal fans and has stronger exclusives.

But if the PS4 comes out a good year or more after and its too expensive again people will just go for the Xbox, 95% of games on PS3 are on Xbox 360 anyway and PS3s graphic arent THAT much better. Not worth an extra $200 more.

daroamer said:
Wagram said:

Seriously dude? LOL

Face goes there.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
daroamer said:
Wagram said:
psrock said:

And now the editorial section is relevent.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2011/5/2/

daroamer said:
Wagram said:
daroamer said:
Wagram said:
psrock said:

Seriously dude? LOL

Uhh Yeah i'm serious. It's not the end of the world if people can't play some MMOs. I've had to deal with my fair share of down times from MMOs due to outages. Just recently I couldn't play FFXI or FFXIV for quite a few weeks but I wasn't throwing a tantrum over it. Sony isn't going to charge people for time they aren't playing.

Wagram said:
daroamer said:
Wagram said:
daroamer said:
Wagram said:
psrock said:

Seriously dude? LOL

Uhh Yeah i'm serious. It's not the end of the world if people can't play some MMOs. I've had to deal with my fair share of down times from MMOs due to outages. Just recently I couldn't play FFXI or FFXIV for quite a few weeks but I wasn't throwing a tantrum over it. Sony isn't going to charge people for time they aren't playing.

Your original point is that people shouldn't be upset because PSN is free (even though some people pay for PSN Plus), but then you also say they shouldn't be upset even if they DO pay for a service because they are just being babies?  You can't fathom how someone has the right to get upset that something they are paying for isn't working?  It doesn't matter if you don't pay for the time it's down, that much is blatantly obvious, but if my internet access was taken away for 2 weeks or a month I wouldn't be sitting there going "oh well, c'est la vie!", I'd have ever right to get upset.

"It's not the end of the world if people can't play some MMOs" - yeah, the world doesn't end, but it doesn't mean you should just tell people to stop whining and just appreciate that world hasn't ended.  Maybe someone who gets only 2 weeks off of work every year planned to spend it playing an MMO.  Maybe someone who isn't capable of leaving the house due to illness or a handicap plays MMOs are their sole source of recreation.  No, they should just keep their mouths shut and be thankful Sony loves them so much to produce great games, am I right?  *rolls eyes*

I think Daroamer makes a lot of valid points. Unfortunately most gamers on these forums aren't going to be able to really understand that it is something different from their kind of gaming. Massive games are inexpensive, are built upon social interaction, and serve the role of ritual. These players might not have a stack of games to delve into, or have the money to go buying games. These games might be where all their friends are. Plus they do not have a daily ritual to fulfill their needs.

Basically it is a real hardship whether they are getting charged or not, because they probably don't have much in the way of alternatives. Going beyond that the experience is so powerful for many people that it is actually a addiction. So a great many of them are going through withdrawal. The associated depression has to be horrible. When I played in the space I knew a lot of people that simply needed those games. You might find it funny, or think they are pathetic. However that is not always the case. For some people this is their only way to fulfill their basic human needs.

scabab07 said:
gurglesletch said:

Not being able to sync my trophies is making me angry.

Why its not like anyone can see them anyway, or that your falling behind on any leaderboards.

No but if my console died i would lose them which would make me pissed off.