By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - You can cancel your "psn is coming back up this weekend party" cuz it ain't

M.U.G.E.N said:
scabab07 said:
Hisiru said:

Maybe Sony is the new Sega and will quit the console market, so they will be able to release God of War 4 and maybe God of War Collection for xbox 720 and Wii 2/Stream/Feel.

Can you imagine a "Sony Collection" for the xbox 720, Wii2 and Zeebo 2 ? I can't wait!

Not yet but with how Xbox has grown more poplular than Playstation after being only a fraction as popular the generation before. Next gen the Xbox will hugely outsell the PS4. Its already got US and UK, other European countries will follow suit.

Then Sony will start becoming the next Sega.

hahahahahhahahahahahhaha

good one :D and xbox is still getting smacked around in EMEAA and Japan by ps3..this DEF means that next gen ps3 will be selling way way more than xbox! ...not.

but hey do let me borrow that crystal ball of yours when you have some time to spare

Getting smacked around? The Xbox has sold 86% of the PS3s sales in EMEAA. Nobody even bothered with the original Xbox in EMEAA it only sold 1/9th of the PS2.

Next gen obviously US and UK will go for the Xbox again, and other countries will swap over to Xbox aswell.

Japan is becoming more irrelevant as the years go on, the PS3 had sold terribly compared to the other two, even Japan does go for the PS4 it wont make that much difference in sales.

The only reason PS3 wasnt completeley stomped into the ground is because

1. People thought games like GTA, MGS, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil would be PS3 exlusive of which none of those franchises are anymore.

2. Because everyone knew and owned a PS2 and nobody bothered with the Xbox.

Around the Network

I don't care I only use my Ps3 for single player exculsives and the blu-ray player anyway. I've never even dowloaded a demo on that thing. Still playing on my 360 for all my online gaming needs.

M.U.G.E.N said:

1. People thought games like GTA, MGS, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil would be PS3 exlusive of which none of those franchises are anymore.

Resident evil was never exculsive RE2, RE 4, and Code veronica showed that. Only games I assumed would be exculsive were FF and MGS

scabab07 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
scabab07 said:
Hisiru said:

Maybe Sony is the new Sega and will quit the console market, so they will be able to release God of War 4 and maybe God of War Collection for xbox 720 and Wii 2/Stream/Feel.

Can you imagine a "Sony Collection" for the xbox 720, Wii2 and Zeebo 2 ? I can't wait!

Not yet but with how Xbox has grown more poplular than Playstation after being only a fraction as popular the generation before. Next gen the Xbox will hugely outsell the PS4. Its already got US and UK, other European countries will follow suit.

hahahahahhahahahahahhaha

good one :D and xbox is still getting smacked around in EMEAA and Japan by ps3..this DEF means that next gen ps3 will be selling way way more than xbox! ...not.

but hey do let me borrow that crystal ball of yours when you have some time to spare

Getting smacked around? The Xbox has sold 86% of the PS3s sales in EMEAA. Nobody even bothered with the original Xbox in EMEAA it only sold 1/9th of the PS2.

Next gen obviously US and UK will go for the Xbox again, and other countries will swap over to Xbox aswell.

Japan is becoming more irrelevant as the years go on, the PS3 had sold terribly compared to the other two, even Japan does go for the PS4 it wont make that much difference in sales.

You have a little too much faith in the Xbox brand.  One of the main reasons the 360 became so popular in Americas and the UK is because Sony made so many mistakes during the first 1-2 years of the PS3's life, causing many people to switch to the competition.  It was a full $200 more than the 360.  And early multi-plats favored the 360, as well as their being few must-have exclusives. 

Things have changed since then and sales are showing that.  The PS3 has closed a gap that was 8 mil to ~ 3.4 mil (sold to customer) in ~ 1 1/2 years.  And this is with their main competition having a SKU at @$199 for a few years now.  And Sony will learn from its previous mistakes and will have a much better launch next gen.  The PS4 will most likely launch the same year as the NeXbox, while being around the same price.  If anything, next gen, I see many moving back over to the Playstation brand.

thismeintiel said:

I'm sure Sony is going to have to wait for them to finish the investigation and give the go ahead to launch the new and improved PSN.

No. They don't have to wait. It's not a book where only 1 person can access at a time...

Take your time Sony. Take your time....

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
scabab07 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
scabab07 said:
Hisiru said:

hahahahahhahahahahahhaha

You have a little too much faith in the Xbox brand.  One of the main reasons the 360 became so popular in Americas and the UK is because Sony made so many mistakes during the first 1-2 years of the PS3's life, causing many people to switch to the competition.  It was a full $200 more than the 360.  And early multi-plats favored the 360, as well as their being few must-have exclusives. 

Things have changed since then and sales are showing that.  The PS3 has closed a gap that was 8 mil to ~ 3.4 mil (sold to customer) in ~ 1 1/2 years.  And this is with their main competition having a SKU at @$199 for a few years now.  And Sony will learn from its previous mistakes and will have a much better launch next gen.  The PS4 will most likely launch the same year as the NeXbox, while being around the same price.  If anything, next gen, I see many moving back over to the Playstation brand.

It was too expensive which is the reason why its so even now, by the time they dropped the price Xbox had gotten popular. If Xbox 3 and PS4 are roughly the same price PS4 will do just fine, if its the same as before then it wont have a chance.

Xbox has seen a tremedous growth from the last console its already doubled the sales of the last console and even though PS3 sells better now, Xbox sells alot more software. If Xbox see's another big jump theres no reason why it cant end Sony.

PS3 and Xbox 360 are 90% the same thing, there wont be room for that next time around.

Wagram said:
psrock said:

What a crappy company. If you think about Sony, all they do is make their fans wait. Wait for PS3, wait for games, wait for updates, wait , wait , wait for more. 

Making us wait for a free service that we don't pay for. Them sons a bitches.......

You realize this has also affected all their MMOs that people DO pay for?

EQ, EQ2, DCUO, Vanguard, SWG and more are all down until further notice.

daroamer said:
Wagram said:
psrock said:

What a crappy company. If you think about Sony, all they do is make their fans wait. Wait for PS3, wait for games, wait for updates, wait , wait , wait for more. 

Making us wait for a free service that we don't pay for. Them sons a bitches.......

You realize this has also affected all their MMOs that people DO pay for?

EQ, EQ2, DCUO, Vanguard, SWG and more are all down until further notice.

And those people are recieving credit for lost time. So what exactly is the problem?

scabab07 said:

It was too expensive which is the reason why its so even now, by the time they dropped the price Xbox had gotten popular. If Xbox 3 and PS4 are roughly the same price PS4 will do just fine, if its the same as before then it wont have a chance.

Xbox has seen a tremedous growth from the last console its already doubled the sales of the last console and even though PS3 sells better now, Xbox sells alot more software. If Xbox see's another big jump theres no reason why it cant end Sony.

PS3 and Xbox 360 are 90% the same thing, there wont be room for that next time around.

You're right, there may not be room for that next gen.  But I can guaranty you that if that is the case, and barring any pricing mistakes from Sony, it will be MS that is forced out.

thismeintiel said:
scabab07 said:

You're right, there may not be room for that next gen.  But I can guaranty you that if that is the case, and barring any pricing mistakes from Sony, it will be MS that is forced out.

"Its just a flesh wound!"   <---- Right? :D