By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CGI's Official HYPE Series: Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Wouldn't it be epic if Square-Enix announced at E3 that FFVXIII will change platforms to Wii 2? (Just a random thought I had! XD)

OT: Those screens look great! I can't wait to see if it actually meets/exceeds the hype unlike FFXIII. :)

The BuShA owns all!

Around the Network

CGI....just stop...my heart can't take anymore hype from this game

CGI-Quality said:
arcane_chaos said:

CGI....just stop...my heart can't take anymore hype from this game

But I live for that.

okay, now if I die because of this you better bury me with a copy!!!

Vertigo-X said:

Wouldn't it be epic if Square-Enix announced at E3 that FFVXIII will change platforms to Wii 2? (Just a random thought I had! XD)

It somehow feels as though it belongs on the PS3. That said, it could very well end up on PS3 and  Project Cafe with only the 360 missing out.

CGI-Quality said:
Vertigo-X said:

OT: Those screens look great! I can't wait to see if it actually meets/exceeds the hype unlike FFXIII. :)

With the amount of dev time put into the PS3, I don't imagine such a thing to happen. Then again, stranger things have happened.

Yeah, an absurd thought, really. It does seem that, by the mood and everything, it belongs on the PS3, too.

The BuShA owns all!

Around the Network

Guys, could Final Fantasy Versus XIII be the first PS3 game that uses 2 dual layered Blu-Ray Discs? Or at least 1 dual layered and 1 single layered?

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

CGI-Quality said:
Jdevil3 said:

Guys, could Final Fantasy Versus XIII be the first PS3 game that uses 2 dual layered Blu-Ray Discs? Or at least 1 dual layered and 1 single layered?

Maybe the first to use a 100GB Blu-ray disc, if the PS3 can read those.

I don't know, I think the PS3 can't read BD's with more than 2 layers... but I'm not sure.

Can it even read those 33(single layered) and 66GB(dual layered) BD's?

CGI-Quality said:
Jdevil3 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Jdevil3 said:

I don't know, I think the PS3 can't read BD's with more than 2 layers... but I'm not sure.

Well, MGS4, FFXIII, & KZ3 are all 50GB discs, so yep.

I already know that :P (God of War III also uses a dual layered one). I'm not talking about the normal single layered BDs with 25GB and the dual layered ones with 50GB, I'm talking about the new single layered ones that can hold 33GB and the new dual layered ones that can hold 66GB. Can the PS3 read those?

Dinner's ready, I may take long to reply. BRB

CGI-Quality said:
Jdevil3 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Jdevil3 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Jdevil3 said:

Well, MGS4, FFXIII, & KZ3 are all 50GB discs, so yep.

I already know that :P (God of War III also uses a dual layered one). I'm not talking about the normal single layered BDs with 25GB and the dual layered ones with 50GB, I'm talking about the new single layered ones that can hold 33GB and the new dual layered ones that can hold 66GB. Can the PS3 read those?

Dinner's ready, I may take long to reply. BRB

Single layered 33GB discs? I ahven't heard of those, but I would think if it can hold a 50GB dual layered, why would it lack the capability to take a 33GB single layered?

As for the 66GB dual layered, I don't know, I believe I read a while back that PS3 could read up to 100GB dual layered discs. Could be wrong though.

Blu-ray has faced down some pretty significant criticisms in its rise to dominance over the past few years, but complaints about its storage capacity was never one of them. Never the less a research partnership between Panasonic and Sony has yielded a new technique which will increase disk capacities from 25GB per layer to 33GB. Normally a small jump like this would have us rolling our eyes when it comes to the prospect of replacing all our hardware, but interestingly enough, it appears as though the jump in capacity can be achieved using the optics in our current players.

The new  standard is called i-MLSE which stands for Maximum Likelihood Sequence Estimation, this is a method of estimating the read error rate of disks on the fly. If all goes as planned the only action users will need to take to read the disks would be a firmware update on existing players. There is no timeline for the rollout yet, but Sony is set to propose the adoption of i-MLSE to the Blu-ray Disk Association in the coming months, which as you might imagine, they have a fair bit of sway over.

Anyone out there backing up to Blu-ray disks yet?

Source: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/bluray_disc_capacity_set_jump_25gb_33gb_layer

It seems it could read those with a firmware update... I wonder if any game will start using those BDs O_o

Stella's name reminds me of Stella from Great Expectations and I think that's where they're going with this character. Stella, meaning "Star," is probably a goal that Noctis will never be able to reach and they are fated to never be together.