By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game--Monster Hunter Tri

non-gravity said:

Ugh another wii game above 9.0 when there are none that scored between 8.0 and 9.0.

Hurts, doesn't it?

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
forest-spirit said:
non-gravity said:

Ugh another wii game above 9.0 when there are none that scored between 8.0 and 9.0.

There's also still SMG2 to be rated which is a guaranteed 9

Those Wii games are pretty solid though.

Plus, we haven't rated Metroid: Other M yet.

I know what I'll give it

Also, Tri is an amazing game. It not getting above 9.0 would be an injustice. It got a great score, and rightly so.

Darn.....Didn't notice this thread

Oh well...I'd give it a 9.4/10. It has a fantastic online aspect, and the single-player mode is a great "introduction," if it could be called that (It can act as a sandbox mode with incentives). There's a good amount of customization, which allows players to easily discover their own playing style. The graphics are fantastic, always fluid (no observable slowdown that I noticed), and very detailed, and there's a large amount of monsters to fight.

However, the learning curve is quite steep, the first few hours are a bit slow, and it's partially dependent on its online mode (the single player is still great, though). Also, hit detection seems to be a bit strange at times, but at least the hitboxes match up.

Very few negatives...However, the game is extremely dense, so it's easy to see why people give up after the first few hours.

Chrizum said:
non-gravity said:

Hurts, doesn't it?

I'd say the wii audience seems imo less critical of the handful of games imo that do hit the platform imo.

(This is an oppinion)

RolStoppable said:

You've got the wrong impression because of yo_john117's picks. What else can you expect when it comes to rating the best games available for the system? It's not like anyone would be surprised to see or complain that titles like Halo Reach, Mass Effect 2, God of War 3 and Uncharted 2 got rated with a 9 or higher on average. The only reason why someone would take issue with this would be that the person in question believes that games for other systems definitely aren't 9 plus material.

By the way, MadWorld didn't average a score of 9 or higher. If I remember correctly, it just barely achieved a 7, so the VGC community is actually more critical than the people who are paid to review games.

• Super Mario Galaxy(Wii)--9.39
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns(Wii)--9.26
  • Monster Hunter Tri(Wii)--9.19
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princes(Wii)--9.16
  • New Super Mario Bros. Wii(Wii)--9.13
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl(Wii)--9.09
  • Mario Kart Wii(Wii)--9.04
  • Wii Sports(Wii)--7.95
  • Madworld(Wii)--7.46
  • The Conduit(Wii)--7.27

These are the exclusive Wii scores..

• Uncharted 2: Among Theives(PS3)--9.55