By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game--Monster Hunter Tri

Certainly enjoyable, plentiful ideas have been incorporated into the game which sees both the online and offline modes thoroughly enjoyable. The Areas are all unique and feature significant obstacles (such as the monsters). Overall this game is certainly enjoyable, online mode features many more things to spice up the game.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
cura said:

eh, not many people seem to have played this game? 

Nearly 2 million have for over 95 hours each. That's enough to give you an idea!

I know that RainbowYoshi, EnthilZa, Flashpoint, Kenology and many more have played this game, because I've been online with them. 

If anything, this is probably a more popular and loved game than most on this list so far...

hm...I was commenting on the seemingly sparse reviews in this thread so far...not on the game's sales. 

Monster Hunter Tri was also my first Monster Hunter game, and I really enjoyed it. In fact I might say that it is too addicting, because I realized after buying it that in 3 weeks I had put more than 60 hours in the game already, and decided to get rid of the game before I became completely addicted.

Pros

Impressive environment visuals

Interesting monsters, it is exciting to get to see a new monster for the first time.

Large amount of customization/weapons/items to master

One of the most impressive online experiences I've had on any console.

Cons

Loading times

Weak story

Slow first few hours

Steep learning curve

Overall 8.8

9/10

Slow start, but once you're a couple of hours into the game it hooks you, steals your free time and makes you it's bitch.

Couple hours left to vote.

Around the Network

Vgchartz score -- 9.19

GamrReview score -- 9.1

Highest score was 10, lowest was 8

yo_john117 said:

Vgchartz score -- 9.19

GamrReview score -- 9.1

Highest score was 10, lowest was 8

Sounds about right to me. It is a great game and I'm glad people recognised that when they entered

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Ugh another wii game above 9.0 when there are none that scored between 8.0 and 9.0.

There's also still SMG2 to be rated which is a guaranteed 9

non-gravity said:

Ugh another wii game above 9.0 when there are none that scored between 8.0 and 9.0.

Those Wii games are pretty solid though.

Plus, we haven't rated Metroid: Other M yet.

forest-spirit said:
non-gravity said:

Those Wii games are pretty solid though.

Plus, we haven't rated Metroid: Other M yet.

I know what I'll give it

Also, Tri is an amazing game. It not getting above 9.0 would be an injustice. It got a great score, and rightly so.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.