By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Silicon Knights on Too Human: We Intend to Finish the Trilogy [Exclusive]

epicberserk said:
Joelcool7 said:
Barozi said:
epicberserk said:
Joelcool7 said:
NiKKoM said:

Better companies, with less bad games have gone under... Silicon Knights should have 3 years ago..

Which bad games are you talking about? Eternal Darkness was amazing and Twin Snakes in my opinion was alot more enjoyable to play then the origionals. Too Human is the only game of theirs I have heard alot of negativity about.

Honestly I never played Too Human, but I don't think they should be doing a sequal unless the title was profitable. Honestly since the studio has been struggling to stay afloat since its release I'd say it obviously wasn't profitable enough to justify a sequal.

Its like High Voltage with Conduit 2, sure Conduit had its fanbase and some people think the game was amazing. It was even profitable but the sales were still considered low for a shooter. However High Voltage decided to launch a sequal anyways, now here we have a flop so big it could mire High Voltage forever.

I think if Silicon makes a second Too Human that will be the end of them. I know Too Human is the founders baby they want to make it so badly. But sometimes you just have to let things go. Theirs no point in being suicidal Too Human 2 would not bring in enough cash to keep the studio afloat till Too Human 3.

Silicon needs to release some new IP or liscense some existing IP. When they are making a good profit and their titles are selling immensly that is the time to think about Too Human 2 or 3. Not while the studio is still struggling to stay afloat!

it might be the founers baby , but i thought too human is microsoft ip

I looked it up and it wasn't listed among their trademarks, so I guess it isn't.

http://www.microsoft.com/about/legal/en/us/IntellectualProperty/Trademarks/EN-US.aspx

If I'm correct Microsoft got the publishing rights for that game.  I don't believe Microsoft owns Silicon or has the rights to any of their properties. Silicon wanted to make Too Human back in their Nintendo days too. It is simply the studios founders baby, his dream was to make the Too Human Trilogy and he seems to be stubborn in its pursuit!

silicon knights sold the rights of too human to microsoft in 2005

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Too_Human

Silicon Knights owns the IP. M$ bought publishing rights for the trilogy. It was part of their 3 big hitter trilogies (Gears, Too Human, Mass Effect) Mass Effect breaking the exclusivity after being bought by EA.

http://www.siliconknights.net/forums/showthread.php?14336-Did-MS-Tick-off-SK-into-Publishing-TH2-themselves&p=292555&viewfull=1

OT: Too Human was pretty good. It was the game that I was looking forward to the most out of the exclusives back then. The combat system was awesome. The lack of camera control was annoying. You just have to accept the fact that you don't have control of it, then you can enjoy the game. The camera can be fixed with configuring the controls differently. An idea I had was to get rid of free look. Instead, when you hold down the left bumper and move the right analog stick it would move the camera. Why in the fuck do you need a free look?  The deaths not being able to fast forward was done on purpose, because this game was intended to be an MMO and it needs to be real time with the rest of the world. 

Would love to see the trilogy finished WITH better camera controls and have more than just 2 players at a time.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

Ugh.....They need to stop.

pbroy said:
epicberserk said:
Joelcool7 said:
Barozi said:
epicberserk said:
Joelcool7 said:
NiKKoM said:

Better companies, with less bad games have gone under... Silicon Knights should have 3 years ago..

Which bad games are you talking about? Eternal Darkness was amazing and Twin Snakes in my opinion was alot more enjoyable to play then the origionals. Too Human is the only game of theirs I have heard alot of negativity about.

Honestly I never played Too Human, but I don't think they should be doing a sequal unless the title was profitable. Honestly since the studio has been struggling to stay afloat since its release I'd say it obviously wasn't profitable enough to justify a sequal.

Its like High Voltage with Conduit 2, sure Conduit had its fanbase and some people think the game was amazing. It was even profitable but the sales were still considered low for a shooter. However High Voltage decided to launch a sequal anyways, now here we have a flop so big it could mire High Voltage forever.

I think if Silicon makes a second Too Human that will be the end of them. I know Too Human is the founders baby they want to make it so badly. But sometimes you just have to let things go. Theirs no point in being suicidal Too Human 2 would not bring in enough cash to keep the studio afloat till Too Human 3.

Silicon needs to release some new IP or liscense some existing IP. When they are making a good profit and their titles are selling immensly that is the time to think about Too Human 2 or 3. Not while the studio is still struggling to stay afloat!

I looked it up and it wasn't listed among their trademarks, so I guess it isn't.

http://www.microsoft.com/about/legal/en/us/IntellectualProperty/Trademarks/EN-US.aspx

If I'm correct Microsoft got the publishing rights for that game.  I don't believe Microsoft owns Silicon or has the rights to any of their properties. Silicon wanted to make Too Human back in their Nintendo days too. It is simply the studios founders baby, his dream was to make the Too Human Trilogy and he seems to be stubborn in its pursuit!

Silicon Knights owns the IP. M$ bought publishing rights for the trilogy. It was part of their 3 big hitter trilogies (Gears, Too Human, Mass Effect) Mass Effect breaking the exclusivity after being bought by EA.

http://www.siliconknights.net/forums/showthread.php?14336-Did-MS-Tick-off-SK-into-Publishing-TH2-themselves&p=292555&viewfull=1

OT: Too Human was pretty good. It was the game that I was looking forward to the most out of the exclusives back then. The combat system was awesome. The lack of camera control was annoying. You just have to accept the fact that you don't have control of it, then you can enjoy the game. The camera can be fixed with configuring the controls differently. An idea I had was to get rid of free look. Instead, when you hold down the left bumper and move the right analog stick it would move the camera. Why in the fuck do you need a free look?  The deaths not being able to fast forward was done on purpose, because this game was intended to be an MMO and it needs to be real time with the rest of the world. 

Would love to see the trilogy finished WITH better camera controls and have more than just 2 players at a time.

wrong microsoft had bought the ip but let silicon knights work at it  it at their studio

epicberserk said:
pbroy said:
epicberserk said:
Joelcool7 said:
Barozi said:
epicberserk said:
Joelcool7 said:
NiKKoM said:

wrong microsoft had bought the ip but let silicon knights work at it  it at their studio

Link? Please dont say wiki. Wiki can be wrong, ask makingmusic.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

no wiki isnt always wrong

Around the Network
epicberserk said:

Well, since you still seem to be using  wiki as your source, when they say, "sold to Microsoft".. what was sold? The publishing rights or the IP? Maybe wiki isn't wrong. Your interpretation of it, might be.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

pbroy said:
epicberserk said:

Well, since you still seem to be using  wiki as your source, when they say, "sold to Microsoft".. what was sold? The publishing rights or the IP? Maybe wiki isn't wrong. Your interpretation of it, might be.

i check and correct wiki quite often actually and microsoft had bought the too human ip back in 2005 for 80 million but they kept it at silicorn knights studio so they can make it

It was an okay game. Still, what Mr. Puggsly said.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

epicberserk said:
pbroy said:
epicberserk said:

i check and correct wiki quite often actually and microsoft had bought the too human ip back in 2005 for 80 million but they kept it at silicorn knights studio so they can make it

Well, maybe you should change wiki to make it right according to you. haha.. Anybody can correct wiki with what they think is right. Unless there are legitimate sources, it's hard to believe. The most legitimate source given in this argument was from Barozi. M$ will list their IPs on that link. You will see Halo, Blue Dragon and the other IPs owned by M$ on there. So pleass prove us all wrong with a legitimate source.

Edit: That 80 million that you are talking about is how much money they put to fund the project.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2009/01/28/too-human-2-and-3-in-danger-with-microsoft-facing-less-global-demand.htm

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Hey SK... instead of making a sequel to a medicre game that no one gave a shit about and almost bankrupted your company, how about a sequel to a great game that tons of people enjoyed and would put you guys back on the map?  Like say, oh, I don't know... ETERNAL DARKNESS maybe???

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.