By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Silicon Knights on Too Human: We Intend to Finish the Trilogy [Exclusive]

I only played the demo which I enjoyed. Killzone 1 wasn't all that but boy did GG make up for it in 2&3.

Around the Network

I don't care what Silicon Knights says about not working on this game for ten years.  I remember when they announced it for the PS1 because I was hyped to buy it.  Unless I was using my time travel powers to go back and fuck with my younger self (which I must admit, I often do), some misrepresentation has occured, here.

*edit* I looked up the game's history.  It seems that while the name remained the same, they scrapped the original ideas from the PS1 and Gamecube versions of the game before finally settling on what the 360 version would become.  The way I look at it, if I start writing a book called "Boobies and Me" in 2011, re-write it in 2013, and finally finish get my shit together and write it in six months in 2021, it still took me ten years to finish my work.

Too Human is not a good game, though it does kinda work. The graphics are sub-par, the camera is comically awful, the cut-scenes can be extraordinarily tedious, the inventory is less than ideal, and the 20-second, unskippable, oft-repeated death scene is a mistake of such epic proportions that it's almost a game killer*. Still, the game has a charm of it's own, and works pretty well in multi-player as you and a mate throw countless techno-goblins in the air and chop them to tiny pieces. Really, how can you not like being a cyber-Norse god with a strong Thor vibe?

* I cannot stress how shitty this is. There is an Achievement for 100 deaths. That equates to over HALF AN HOUR of watching the SAME, UNSKIPPABLE CUT SCENE. Unforgiveable.

too human look like a very cool game. Maybee a little bit underrated ?

Slimebeast said:

Very different views here on Too Human. "Great", "sucked".

I'm confused. I thought the consensus was that it sucked. But I might at least check out some "Let's play" videos of it on YouTube now.

It's pretty simple all of the hate stims from a few sources, mostly Dyack hate with a smattering of unwillingness to learn a new control scheme and inability to get over some of the limitations on the UE.

If you like aRPGs (diablo-likes not JRPGs) and are willing to take a bit to get used to the control scheme, then the game is extremely rewarding.  The story is awesome.  The high level combat is easily the best combat system this gen, particularily for Berserker.  The death animation is way overplayed.  It is meant to be annoying as that is your death penalty instead of losing exp or gold or progress.  the simple solution is don't DIE as much lol.

Around the Network
Joelcool7 said:
NiKKoM said:

Better companies, with less bad games have gone under... Silicon Knights should have 3 years ago..

Which bad games are you talking about? Eternal Darkness was amazing and Twin Snakes in my opinion was alot more enjoyable to play then the origionals. Too Human is the only game of theirs I have heard alot of negativity about.

Honestly I never played Too Human, but I don't think they should be doing a sequal unless the title was profitable. Honestly since the studio has been struggling to stay afloat since its release I'd say it obviously wasn't profitable enough to justify a sequal.

Its like High Voltage with Conduit 2, sure Conduit had its fanbase and some people think the game was amazing. It was even profitable but the sales were still considered low for a shooter. However High Voltage decided to launch a sequal anyways, now here we have a flop so big it could mire High Voltage forever.

I think if Silicon makes a second Too Human that will be the end of them. I know Too Human is the founders baby they want to make it so badly. But sometimes you just have to let things go. Theirs no point in being suicidal Too Human 2 would not bring in enough cash to keep the studio afloat till Too Human 3.

Silicon needs to release some new IP or liscense some existing IP. When they are making a good profit and their titles are selling immensly that is the time to think about Too Human 2 or 3. Not while the studio is still struggling to stay afloat!

it might be the founers baby , but i thought too human is microsoft ip

epicberserk said:
Joelcool7 said:
NiKKoM said:

Better companies, with less bad games have gone under... Silicon Knights should have 3 years ago..

Which bad games are you talking about? Eternal Darkness was amazing and Twin Snakes in my opinion was alot more enjoyable to play then the origionals. Too Human is the only game of theirs I have heard alot of negativity about.

Honestly I never played Too Human, but I don't think they should be doing a sequal unless the title was profitable. Honestly since the studio has been struggling to stay afloat since its release I'd say it obviously wasn't profitable enough to justify a sequal.

Its like High Voltage with Conduit 2, sure Conduit had its fanbase and some people think the game was amazing. It was even profitable but the sales were still considered low for a shooter. However High Voltage decided to launch a sequal anyways, now here we have a flop so big it could mire High Voltage forever.

I think if Silicon makes a second Too Human that will be the end of them. I know Too Human is the founders baby they want to make it so badly. But sometimes you just have to let things go. Theirs no point in being suicidal Too Human 2 would not bring in enough cash to keep the studio afloat till Too Human 3.

Silicon needs to release some new IP or liscense some existing IP. When they are making a good profit and their titles are selling immensly that is the time to think about Too Human 2 or 3. Not while the studio is still struggling to stay afloat!

I looked it up and it wasn't listed among their trademarks, so I guess it isn't.

http://www.microsoft.com/about/legal/en/us/IntellectualProperty/Trademarks/EN-US.aspx

Barozi said:
epicberserk said:
Joelcool7 said:
NiKKoM said:

I looked it up and it wasn't listed among their trademarks, so I guess it isn't.

http://www.microsoft.com/about/legal/en/us/IntellectualProperty/Trademarks/EN-US.aspx

If I'm correct Microsoft got the publishing rights for that game.  I don't believe Microsoft owns Silicon or has the rights to any of their properties. Silicon wanted to make Too Human back in their Nintendo days too. It is simply the studios founders baby, his dream was to make the Too Human Trilogy and he seems to be stubborn in its pursuit!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Joelcool7 said:
Barozi said:
epicberserk said:
Joelcool7 said:
NiKKoM said:

If I'm correct Microsoft got the publishing rights for that game.  I don't believe Microsoft owns Silicon or has the rights to any of their properties. Silicon wanted to make Too Human back in their Nintendo days too. It is simply the studios founders baby, his dream was to make the Too Human Trilogy and he seems to be stubborn in its pursuit!

silicon knights sold the rights of too human to microsoft in 2005

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Too_Human

epicberserk said:
Joelcool7 said:
Barozi said:
epicberserk said:
Joelcool7 said:
NiKKoM said:

silicon knights sold the rights of too human to microsoft in 2005

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Too_Human

Sucks for Microsoft unless Silicon actually makes a sequel with no other source of income which I think would be a fairly foolish move.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer