By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Avatars, and Posts

Joeykanga said:
How would someone read my post according to my avatar?

your ps3 and 360 look like bullies and your poor little wii is out in the open all alone, he wants his mario :( I see your a 152% gaming fanboy? how does nintendo fanboyism cross over into sony and microsoft fanboyism and vise versa?

Keep it real guys, dont hate mario, hate the player

Currently playing:
Geometry Wars galaxies, Animal Crossing wild world, Pangya swing with style, SSX Blur

Around the Network

We have avatars?!?!?!

Seriously though, I only glance at them as a faster way of identifying who the heck it is that's posting. I barely bother even identifying WHAT the avatar is of.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Joeykanga said:
How would someone read my post according to my avatar?

It sounds like a barbershop quartet w/one guy missing.

I LOL at some folks posts - and I really love the ones where folks hate the 360 so much they have pictures of red-lights-o-death in their avatars. Wow ... what tools.

a.l.e.x59 said:
Does anyone ever, subconsciously, read one's post, differently, according to what that one's avatar is? For example, if one's avatar is, let's say, Kratos of God of War, another may read that post, in a more mature manner, but if one's avatar is, let's say, a monkey from Super Monkey Ball, another may read that post, in a more childish manner. Does anyone tend to link the avatar of one, to their post?

Definately, especially if it's someone I've had heated discussions with and difference of opinion in past threads.

Around the Network
Branko2166 said:
a.l.e.x59 said:
Does anyone ever, subconsciously, read one's post, differently, according to what that one's avatar is? For example, if one's avatar is, let's say, Kratos of God of War, another may read that post, in a more mature manner, but if one's avatar is, let's say, a monkey from Super Monkey Ball, another may read that post, in a more childish manner. Does anyone tend to link the avatar of one, to their post?

Definately, especially if it's someone you've had heated discussions with and difference of opinion in past threads.

I'll let the heat die with the thread. I don't hold grudges and would agree with anyone that's saying something I'd agree with!

I never take it personally. Let me clarify, I was talking about subconsciously when I see an avatar of someone I have had a debate with I don't assume anything but rather I actually am more curious to see what they post then I would be with avatars that I don't recognise.

This is why I get so much cred... The frickin' POPE man!! No, I get no cred, screw the pope. But I do picture people looking like their avatars though, and some make asses of themselves and act immature regardless of what it looks like.