By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Avatars, and Posts

Does anyone ever, subconsciously, read one's post, differently, according to what that one's avatar is? For example, if one's avatar is, let's say, Kratos of God of War, another may read that post, in a more mature manner, but if one's avatar is, let's say, a monkey from Super Monkey Ball, another may read that post, in a more childish manner. Does anyone tend to link the avatar of one, to their post?

Around the Network

Nope, I read them in a neutral voice.

How exactly, would you read someone with Link as an avatar, when he doesn't speak?

If I know a person, or am reading a book by someone who I've heard speak (I.E. Carlin), I read text in their voice.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

I consider myself to be posting to the thing in their avatar. But when reading the posts in my mind obviously I hear my own voice ^^

Fuzzmosis said:
Nope, I read them in a neutral voice.

How exactly, would you read someone with Link as an avatar, when he doesn't speak?

If I know a person, or am reading a book by someone who I've heard speak (I.E. Carlin), I read text in their voice.

You sound just like Brooks to me.

how does it make you feel posting to my avatar? lol its actually me back when i was 17 with a bb gun lol

Keep it real guys, dont hate mario, hate the player

Currently playing:
Geometry Wars galaxies, Animal Crossing wild world, Pangya swing with style, SSX Blur

Around the Network

All the time, I generally link an avatar to interests, expression, or maturity. And with that said there are quite a few REALLY confusing people on these boards.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

TheUltimateLife said:
how does it make you feel posting to my avatar? lol its actually me back when i was 17 with a bb gun lol

Thug life. Like Christopher Moltasanti holding up an old lady for her welfare check.

Soriku said:
Also, I don't listen to delusional people like diomedes, or leo-j, or the king of them all, CrazzyMan.

johnlucas...eh, not as much as people like naznatips or HappySquirrel, but I still listen to him because he gets lots of things right

I woulden't quote names, but I generally try to blot out all "Fanboy's or Fanboi's" on this site, REGARDLESS of what console they support, their simply here for our entertainment purpose :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

hahaha no way man, they wont take welfare checks here in AUS

Keep it real guys, dont hate mario, hate the player

Currently playing:
Geometry Wars galaxies, Animal Crossing wild world, Pangya swing with style, SSX Blur

How would someone read my post according to my avatar?

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"