By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Breaking News on Osama Bin Laden (necrobump)

Lazthelost said:
osamanobama said:
Lazthelost said:

My personal thoughts on this whole matter?

Say to them, 'As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. -Ezekiel 33:11

Some background info: I'm a Caucasian male, 22 years old, Christian, living in South Carolina, and I'm a Progressive.

i do agree with you, about the Bible verse, but i cant help my self. but im more happy in the justice part, and not the death part.

but as for the bolded. i bufudles me, it doesnt seem like those three things add up. it does not compute. lol

Well think about. Jesus Christ was the biggest social advocate of any person I've ever heard of. As a Progressive I feel such compassion towards mankind. Black, White, Asian, Christian, Buddhist, Muslim, Jewish, Man, Women, Transgender, I don't care. I believe that everyone deserves a chance at having a fulfilling life and who am I to stop them?

Jesus didn't walk this Earth saying "Love one another, except those gay people, oh and minorities, oh and of course not Muslims or liberals. Gun rights save lives and anti-everything laws will help protect your children from the scary change of the future." Now I'm just being a little silly in that last sentence, but I hope you can see where I'm going with this. Jesus taught to love one another, unconditionally. My political views are completely based on how Jesus Christ lived his life, and that is why I consider myself a Progressive. Bias, intolerance, hatred, disgust, etc were hard things to overcome personally at certain points in my life, but I feel free now. I feel happy, and I only want to help people.

It's fun being an idealist, but you need to also know when to live in reality. I wish the world was as perfect as you hope it were, but the truth is it's not. There is nothing you could do to "save" him from his ways.

Around the Network
wfz said:
Lazthelost said:
osamanobama said:
Lazthelost said:

Say to them, 'As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. -Ezekiel 33:11

Some background info: I'm a Caucasian male, 22 years old, Christian, living in South Carolina, and I'm a Progressive.

i do agree with you, about the Bible verse, but i cant help my self. but im more happy in the justice part, and not the death part.

but as for the bolded. i bufudles me, it doesnt seem like those three things add up. it does not compute. lol

Well think about. Jesus Christ was the biggest social advocate of any person I've ever heard of. As a Progressive I feel such compassion towards mankind. Black, White, Asian, Christian, Buddhist, Muslim, Jewish, Man, Women, Transgender, I don't care. I believe that everyone deserves a chance at having a fulfilling life and who am I to stop them?

Jesus didn't walk this Earth saying "Love one another, except those gay people, oh and minorities, oh and of course not Muslims or liberals. Gun rights save lives and anti-everything laws will help protect your children from the scary change of the future." Now I'm just being a little silly in that last sentence, but I hope you can see where I'm going with this. Jesus taught to love one another, unconditionally. My political views are completely based on how Jesus Christ lived his life, and that is why I consider myself a Progressive. Bias, intolerance, hatred, disgust, etc were hard things to overcome personally at certain points in my life, but I feel free now. I feel happy, and I only want to help people.

It's fun being an idealist, but you need to also know when to live in reality. I wish the world was as perfect as you hope it were, but the truth is it's not. There is nothing you could do to "save" him from his ways.

I do live in reality, and I'm sorry that my ideals led you to believe that I didn't. I'm actively involved in interactions with my hometown politicians, my state representatives, and local Churches. If everyone writes off a potential belief, how could it ever come true? I guess I'm just not jaded enough to just give up on people. Anyway...

If, and I mean IF it was possible to capture Osama Bin Laden then imagine what the US Government could have learned? By this I don't mean through torture, but through interviews, interrogations, and what not. He was an extremely twisted man, raised up on an extremist idealogy that lead to his awful crimes. I don't believe in the idea that we could have "saved" him, but things could have gone down very different years and years ago. I'm not sure on what we could have done to change what happened, or to stop him, but all of that is in the past now.

I just don't think it's right to dance, and cheer over a man's death. I find it pretty morbid. But all of these things are tangents and I'm sorry for straying off topic. Anyway, back to studying for my Exams.

Carry on my good Sir.

Lazthelost said:
osamanobama said:
Lazthelost said:

well Jesus was never against for giving to the poor. but he wanting you, by yourself to willfully and joyfully give. not have government confescate your money and do with it what they please. in fact the Bible critizes goverment and tax collecters many times. government redistributing wealth is not giving.

yes jesus tells us to love every one. which includes people of all races and gender (which is obvious). but it also includes gays, transys, and everything in between. but that does not mean we love their actions. Jesus tells us to hate sin, which it is, but love the person. we are tought to pray for all sinners and we all sin. we arent tought to accept sinful actions.

edit: oops fixed big error in my first paragraph

yup, its confirmed we waterboarded KSM to get info about Bin Laden's Currier.

also we didnt inform Pakistan of the Op becuase we new they would tip Osama off, like they did in 1998

I care not.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network
Beuli2 said:

I care not.

you dont care that the someone who slaughtered 1000's in the name of islam, was brought to justice? 

good riddance.

Lazthelost said:
wfz said:
Lazthelost said:
osamanobama said:
Lazthelost said:

I do live in reality, and I'm sorry that my ideals led you to believe that I didn't. I'm actively involved in interactions with my hometown politicians, my state representatives, and local Churches. If everyone writes off a potential belief, how could it ever come true? I guess I'm just not jaded enough to just give up on people. Anyway...

If, and I mean IF it was possible to capture Osama Bin Laden then imagine what the US Government could have learned? By this I don't mean through torture, but through interviews, interrogations, and what not. He was an extremely twisted man, raised up on an extremist idealogy that lead to his awful crimes. I don't believe in the idea that we could have "saved" him, but things could have gone down very different years and years ago. I'm not sure on what we could have done to change what happened, or to stop him, but all of that is in the past now.

I just don't think it's right to dance, and cheer over a man's death. I find it pretty morbid. But all of these things are tangents and I'm sorry for straying off topic. Anyway, back to studying for my Exams.

Carry on my good Sir.

It's very easy to look back on the past and scorn decisions, wishing you or someone else had done something differently, but it's a whole different ordeal to be the one in the moment who has to make and do the decisions. Yes it's a nice ideal to think we could have handled it differently, and perhaps there was a special way to handle it that would have lead to a less violent outcome, but that's all fluff in words and meaningless without any solid ideas. Considering how culture and life has been over there for thousands of years, I'm not entirely sure we could have done anything magical to change everything that's happened.

It is a really nice thought, though. I don't deny that there have been a lot of mistakes made in history and recent history, but we are only humans. Far from perfect, and we can be troublesome sometimes. The history of human culture is one big learning experience to this very day. If we knew then what we knew now, things would be different, but that's just the way life is. Even the way things are now sucks in certain ways. But it's hard to grasp for idealism and perfection when we're banded in very large numbers. It's something done much easier on a personal level, and it takes a damn long time and a lot of effort to spread it. Haha sorry, now I'm rambling.

highwaystar101 said:

The conspiracy theorists are annoying me already.

The US government has at no point released a photo of his death. The conspiracy theorists who think that proving a two year old photo is fake somehow proves that he's not dead need to come up with a better argument.

Perhaps a subsequent video from Bin Laden himself would be enough proof, he'd be stupid to have not released one by now if he was still alive. Accept it, he's dead. Good riddance.

Think for yourself, question authority

osamanobama said:
Beuli2 said:

I care not.

you dont care that the someone who slaughtered 1000's in the name of islam, was brought to justice? 

No. And who are you to determinate someone's justice?

Above: still the best game of the year.