By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's PSN regional breakdown, by the numbers

4k1x3r said:

Yesh! France in top3

Sorry dude, it's

USA first

Great Britain 2nd

Japan 3rd.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

there are 10 million acounts in Britain O_O

Can't you sign up for an account for any country? I thought people made multiple accounts to get stuff from other regions.

Kaz Hirai Confirms PSN numbers are larger due to multiple accounts.

http://www.gamersoutlook.com/2011/05/kaz-hirai-confirms-psn-numbers-are.html

I am really surprised that Norway beats both Sweden and Denmark

Signalstar said:
Dallinor said:

Wow, nearly a milllion accounts in Mexico.

Holland, Hong Kong and Norway also far, far higher than I would have thought.

US numbers are gigantic, boosted by the rest of the world creating accounts to access the NA PSN store, but still online is huge in NA for Sony.

Don't forget PSP has PSN too and there are far more PSP's in the world than PS3's

I don't see the PS3 mentioned in that post.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Mr Puggsly said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

there are 10 million acounts in Britain O_O

Can't you sign up for an account for any country? I thought people made multiple accounts to get stuff from other regions.

PSN accounts count from Website Accounts, PS3 Accounts, PSP Acounts.

And you can be in any country and make an account for another.

I have a Euro Account and Asian Account. Both I made for either beta access or free Live wallpapers that were region locked.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
Signalstar said:
Dallinor said:

US numbers are gigantic, boosted by the rest of the world creating accounts to access the NA PSN store, but still online is huge in NA for Sony.

Don't forget PSP has PSN too and there are far more PSP's in the world than PS3's

I was reading in between the lines. There are a combined 42 million or so PSP and PS3's in the Americas (I know that is not US only). So the number doesn't seem that gigantic even when taking into account shared accounts across both platforms. And I don't disagree that a ton of the accounts are from other parts of the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Signalstar said:
Dallinor said:

I was reading in between the lines. There are a combined 42 million or so PSP and PS3's in the Americas (I know that is not US only). So the number doesn't seem that gigantic even when taking into account shared accounts across both platforms. And I don't disagree that a ton of the accounts are from other parts of the world.

That doesn't mean Dallinor thought this was PS3 only. Plus the 31 million is greater than the 21 million PSPs and 19 million PS3s, so it's clear they are not for just one system.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I did some percentages based on the total amount of one country PSN-accounts vs that country total population

Great Britain 15.49
Norway 11.10
US 10.09
France 7.14
Australia 6.90
Denmark 6,89
Netherlands 6.81
Iceland 6.55
Spain 6.48
Finland 6.25
Belgium 6.08
Portugal 6.05
Japan 5.8
Sweden 5.71
New Zealand 5.35
Austria 4,93
Germnay 3.96
Italy 2.37

LordTheNightKnight said:
Signalstar said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Signalstar said:
Dallinor said:

That doesn't mean Dallinor thought this was PS3 only. Plus the 31 million is greater than the 21 million PSPs and 19 million PS3s, so it's clear they are not for just one system.

To clarify, I'm well aware it's not limited to the PS3.

melbye said:

I did some percentages based on the total amount of one country PSN-accounts vs that country total population

Great Britain 15.49
Norway 11.10
US 10.09
France 7.14
Australia 6.90
Denmark 6,89
Netherlands 6.81
Iceland 6.55
Spain 6.48
Finland 6.25
Belgium 6.08
Portugal 6.05
Japan 5.8
Sweden 5.71
New Zealand 5.35
Austria 4,93
Germnay 3.96
Italy 2.37

A more interesting result could be drawn by comparing the number of accounts to the install base of each country.

North America - 74%

Japan- 31%

EMEAA -63%

Japan seems very low.