By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 users are you thinking of switching to a Xbox 360?

rutea7 said:
Jazz2K said:
osamanobama said:
Jazz2K said:

So... really? You act like PS3 games are what everyone wants but dismiss 360 games? It's not like Twisted Metal is one hell of a game, I'd rather have Dance Central 2 over most of the exclusive of the PS3 this ear except for Uncharted 3... see yes I'd rather have a Kinect game, so what? Stop being ridiculous, there are good games on 360 too and the exclusives appeal to each group.

I still think both almost equal each other... the 20 or so PS3 exclusives this year are not that impressive imo... Uncharted 3 will rule them all the rest will go to multiplatforms.

Edit: I was replying to osamanobama

you cant compare the ps3's massive lineup of big budget AAA exclusives

to mush smaller scoped, budget, casual Kinect games. you just cant. (not to mention there is not even a rumor of DC2 this year)

and so far the reviews speak for themselves, as they will continue to do.

you may like the KInect games more, thats fine (even though you havent/wont play most/all of the ps3 games) thats you proagative, but you cant seriously compare and call equal in terms of quality and quantity the ps3 and xbox exclusive titles this years.

and lets not forget im leaving out move only exclusive titles too.

You don't understand, it's not a matter of quantity... so what if there are 20 PS3 exclusives? None of them appeal to a large part of the userbase except for Uncharted. Most of the sales will go in multiplat games.  The same goes for Xbox 360 who cares of how many Kinect games are going to be released if nobody wants them? In the end, depending on your tastes, exclusives mean nothing if you're not interrested in them. As for DC2... I might be wrong but I'm sure I read somewhere Harmonix wanted to release DC2 this holyday... still that game brought way more joy for me and my family than TM ever would, it's all about one's taste.

I don't have a PS3 myself, my roomate does so we share. Demon Soul is still the best PS3 game and to him L4D is the best 360 game... a matter of taste.

I doubt PS3 users would switch just because PSN is down it doesn't make sense. I wouldn't. The games are what's most important... but if you solely play online multiplat games then I would understand.

exactly a matter of taste right? so a console with 20 exclusives can appeal to more people right?

out of the ps3 exclusives i'll get 3 or 4, out of the xbox360 exclusives there's nothing i want, it's as simple as that, it's a matter of variety so dont pretend it doesnt help a console to have more exclusives and a wider variety of genres within them.

@bolded - I'm sorry but that is a misconception that PS3 only users have. You people can dismiss Kinect all you want but to some, new Kinect games are as big as new PS3 exclusives. Those Kinect games sell console as much as PS3's exclusive so why ignore them? DC sold nearly as much copies as Infamous, Kinect Sports sold nearly as much as GOW3 so both are almost equal in people attraction so why do people act as if they're not important? Ohh yeah you don't like them so they're automaticaly not comparable.

20 or so exclusive on PS3 attract as much as 360 exclusive or Kinect games... lol look at the weekly charts. Japan alone makes the big difference so other than that your 20 or so exclusive don't make a difference at all and that'S because only you here overhype the power of those exclusives. Where were they during the holydays? PS3 always gets outsold... so much for appealing to more people.

Around the Network

Short answer... NO.

Long answer... hell no!  I've owned a PS3 since release and not once have I even been online.  The type of games I play online are better suited for a PC (RTS and ARPG).

In fact, I won't even be buying Starhawk - though it seems cool - because it is online only.  I really for a single player portion.

Jazz2K said:
rutea7 said:
Jazz2K said:
osamanobama said:
Jazz2K said:

So... really? You act like PS3 games are what everyone wants but dismiss 360 games? It's not like Twisted Metal is one hell of a game, I'd rather have Dance Central 2 over most of the exclusive of the PS3 this ear except for Uncharted 3... see yes I'd rather have a Kinect game, so what? Stop being ridiculous, there are good games on 360 too and the exclusives appeal to each group.

I still think both almost equal each other... the 20 or so PS3 exclusives this year are not that impressive imo... Uncharted 3 will rule them all the rest will go to multiplatforms.

to mush smaller scoped, budget, casual Kinect games. you just cant. (not to mention there is not even a rumor of DC2 this year)

you may like the KInect games more, thats fine (even though you havent/wont play most/all of the ps3 games) thats you proagative, but you cant seriously compare and call equal in terms of quality and quantity the ps3 and xbox exclusive titles this years.

You don't understand, it's not a matter of quantity... so what if there are 20 PS3 exclusives? None of them appeal to a large part of the userbase except for Uncharted. Most of the sales will go in multiplat games.  The same goes for Xbox 360 who cares of how many Kinect games are going to be released if nobody wants them? In the end, depending on your tastes, exclusives mean nothing if you're not interrested in them. As for DC2... I might be wrong but I'm sure I read somewhere Harmonix wanted to release DC2 this holyday... still that game brought way more joy for me and my family than TM ever would, it's all about one's taste.

I don't have a PS3 myself, my roomate does so we share. Demon Soul is still the best PS3 game and to him L4D is the best 360 game... a matter of taste.

I doubt PS3 users would switch just because PSN is down it doesn't make sense. I wouldn't. The games are what's most important... but if you solely play online multiplat games then I would understand.

exactly a matter of taste right? so a console with 20 exclusives can appeal to more people right?

out of the ps3 exclusives i'll get 3 or 4, out of the xbox360 exclusives there's nothing i want, it's as simple as that, it's a matter of variety so dont pretend it doesnt help a console to have more exclusives and a wider variety of genres within them.

@bolded - I'm sorry but that is a misconception that PS3 only users have. You people can dismiss Kinect all you want but to some, new Kinect games are as big as new PS3 exclusives. Those Kinect games sell console as much as PS3's exclusive so why ignore them? DC sold nearly as much copies as Infamous, Kinect Sports sold nearly as much as GOW3 so both are almost equal in people attraction so why do people act as if they're not important? Ohh yeah you don't like them so they're automaticaly not comparable.

20 or so exclusive on PS3 attract as much as 360 exclusive or Kinect games... lol look at the weekly charts. Japan alone makes the big difference so other than that your 20 or so exclusive don't make a difference at all and that'S because only you here overhype the power of those exclusives. Where were they during the holydays? PS3 always gets outsold... so much for appealing to more people.

Kinect exclusives cannot be seen in the same way as PS3 exclusives because their following is different. PS3 exclusives are seen similiarly to how a 360 owner sees their hot AAA exclusives or a Wii owner. Casual titles are casual titles and Microsofts are on the simplest of levels of casual gameplay because of a lack of controller. With the Wii it is one in the same and while Sony separate and Microsoft the two in marketings towards their following. If Kinect exclsuvies are seen on par with PS3 exclusives, I don't know what to tell you but either you're trying to devalue PS3's exclusives, coupling them with games for two different groups of gamer or you're not realizing that if what you say is true, it involves an exclusive minor niche following who obviously do not like hot PS3 titles on the same level other consoles core exclusives( or know the difference really).

fanboy's just get both.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jazz2K said:
rutea7 said:
Jazz2K said:
osamanobama said:
Jazz2K said:

Kinect exclusives cannot be seen in the same way as PS3 exclusives because their following is different. PS3 exclusives are seen similiarly to how a 360 owner sees their hot AAA exclusives or a Wii owner. Casual titles are casual titles and Microsofts are on the simplest of levels of casual gameplay because of a lack of controller. With the Wii it is one in the same and while Sony separate and Microsoft the two in marketings towards their following. If Kinect exclsuvies are seen on par with PS3 exclusives, I don't know what to tell you but either you're trying to devalue PS3's exclusives, coupling them with games for two different groups of gamer or you're not realizing that if what you say is true, it involves an exclusive minor niche following who obviously do not like hot PS3 titles on the same level other consoles core exclusives( or know the difference really).

Kinect adventures never sold anything. It comes free with a kinect 360 or you get kinect adventures free off of Kinect for $150. So don't bring kinect adventures into this. And as for Kinect sports it won't count as this years sales so don't even bring that up. As for PS3 always gets outsold in the holidays that statement is complete BS. What happened in 2009. 360 always has some real good exclusives by years end that's why it outsells the PS3. But this year the PS3 has way more exclusives so 360 will be no match for the 360. 

Around the Network
Jazz2K said:
rutea7 said:
Jazz2K said:
osamanobama said:
Jazz2K said:

i dont want any kinect games, just like i didnt get move yet cause there are no games i want for it. so why are you preaching to me about dance central and party games. party games and shooters thats what i see on xbox 360, not much of a variety of genres and nothing that appeals to me. so of course that no gamer like me who only cares for games that are coming out for the ps3 would get an xbox 360, that would make no sense.

there's no appeal on it for me or for anyone else that plays jrpgs mostly like me. the xbox360 had some jrpgs in the past but whats announced for it, exclusively, in the future? what about games like yakuza and the last guardian, what does xbox 360 has to offer in turn for those types of games?

so th 360 cant appeal to a lot of us, it would never statisfy the audiences that are waiting for ps3 exclusives cause it has no replacement for those.

Any chance of the mods locking this thread?

Nope. The lack of online doesn't mean much to me since I don't really play online too often, and the fact that I have stacks of games just laying around that I've never even played, I have no intentions of picking up a new console.

dsage01 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jazz2K said:
rutea7 said:
Jazz2K said:
osamanobama said:
Jazz2K said:

Kinect adventures never sold anything. It comes free with a kinect 360 or you get kinect adventures free off of Kinect for $150. So don't bring kinect adventures into this. And as for Kinect sports it won't count as this years sales so don't even bring that up. As for PS3 always gets outsold in the holidays that statement is complete BS. What happened in 2009. 360 always has some real good exclusives by years end that's why it outsells the PS3. But this year the PS3 has way more exclusives so 360 will be no match for the 360. 

The 360 is losing ground outside of America. America is the only thing holding the 360's lead in terms of sales. Secondly, Kinect Adventures sales were mostly based on bundles smart one. Kinect Adventures bundle sold is a Kinect Adventure game sold. Lets see how it does stand alone when the American media love affair ends. Lets test my logic shall we? Nintendo is selling Wii Sports stand alone for twenty bucks no. Lets see how much it sells without being strapped to a Wii console for free. I say it will sell horribly, especially with the Nintendo Wii's horrible price point. Casuals games that are bundled like Kinect Adventures, Wii Sports exist primarily to prove to the priliminary customer that the ambitious product works. Sell the product to them alone and they wont budge. Most casuals (as far as gaming is concerned) don't know what to do, unless someone tells them to do it. They just follow the trend.

I'm also guessing that you haven't noticed that the PS3 is riding the 360's hide in sales right now, correct? Where have you been buddy? 3 million consoles sold and they will be even. If America fails to pull the 360 out of this rut the PS3 will be close to even by mid next year. At one point the PS3 was eight million consoles behind the 360 and now they are riding at three. Do the math and then get back to me.

P.S.

If Microsoft doesn't show off decent 2011-2012 offerings, consider them overtaken for sure by mid next year.

rutea7 said:
Jazz2K said:
rutea7 said:
Jazz2K said:
osamanobama said:
Jazz2K said:

i dont want any kinect games, just like i didnt get move yet cause there are no games i want for it. so why are you preaching to me about dance central and party games. party games and shooters thats what i see on xbox 360, not much of a variety of genres and nothing that appeals to me. so of course that no gamer like me who only cares for games that are coming out for the ps3 would get an xbox 360, that would make no sense.

there's no appeal on it for me or for anyone else that plays jrpgs mostly like me. the xbox360 had some jrpgs in the past but whats announced for it, exclusively, in the future? what about games like yakuza and the last guardian, what does xbox 360 has to offer in turn for those types of games?

so th 360 cant appeal to a lot of us, it would never statisfy the audiences that are waiting for ps3 exclusives cause it has no replacement for those.

The only reason Microsoft isn't getting any exclusive support in Japan is because the Japanese closed the shop on them. The PS3 and the Wii are going to be raining JRPG exclusives from now on.