By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony hack could cost Sony $318 per account!?

The words "may have stolen" means it's all in the balance.

Until it is confirmed that "they have stolen" or "they have not stolen" then it's the speculated "if they have stolen".

This reminds me of the LG lawsuit. The worst case scenarios always gets the headlines.

If this does turn out to be the worst case scenario (and I doubt it is as these things always get exaggerated then Sony in many ways have themselves to blame.

Around the Network

Wow...I just hope to god my info doesn't get stolen!

The may have is a huge snag, so far all we know is that they had the ability to acess it, we don't even know if it is possible for them to copy the database and I doubt someomes address and name are even what they were really after and there is no way 77 million users are effect too many use fake names and passwords at the absolute most it's everyone who has a CC tied to their account (because you need your real name/address for that) and even then thats only if the hackers managed to do a massive copy and actually manage to rip people off with it, which isn't easy with just address and name, so yeah I really don't think Sony has to worry about that 

on the news last night they said could cost sony 23 billion dollars.

so that sounds like from same source.  i mean what is 70 million times 318? 

So if this is true... do we still get a PS3 pricecut? >_>

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6310436.html

PSN data leak cost could top $24 billion - Report

Data-research firm tells Forbes price tag of PlayStation Network outage could be catastrophic; Sony offers FAQ, timeline as UK gov't readies enquiries.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All i gotta say is WOW......that's A LOT of coin right there

PizzaFaceGamer said:

Data-research firm tells Forbes price tag of PlayStation Network outage could be catastrophic; Sony offers FAQ, timeline as UK gov't readies enquiries.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what did RROD cost?

"That could pin the potential cost of the PlayStation breach at more than $24 billion."

Hilarious.

irstupid said:
PizzaFaceGamer said:

what did RROD cost?

1 billion if im not mistake,  so peanuts if this is to be believed

irstupid said:

on the news last night they said could cost sony 23 billion dollars.

so that sounds like from same source.  i mean what is 70 million times 318? 

22.3 billion, so yeah.

It sounds like an aweful lot. How can the cost be THAT high? What do they have to do to fix it? I mean, the whole losses of the PS3 so far are like 4.7bn right? So this will cost FIVE times more than all losses the PS3 has taken since launch?

If it's true... poor Sony. Anyway, nothing's for sure yet. Let's wait and see.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.