By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What are thoughts on no PSN for a week+?

Well, 3 days after it 'went down' I only just noticed, before then I was playing a single player game. I've been home for Easter since then so haven't played a game at all. BBC iPlayer was working fine as it's web browser based...

... So no. Not really noticed.

Might go for a bike ride tomorrow.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

I'm annoyed mainly cuz I can't get the uncharted 2 updates (got the game right before it went down but didn't update it first) and I wanna check/update my LBP level lol but thats all really 

I am kinda bored because I'm really used to enter the PSN everyday... for over a year now. My friends feel the same, it's bad to be unable to play online, even if it is playing an offline game but just staying signed in online to see who's on, synch trophies, that stuff...

This downtime of PSN has caused me to move to XBL this week, I'm playing more my X360 because staying totally offline on the PS3 really bores me.

dharh said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
dharh said:

Technically you cannot launch either netflix or hulu for that matter on your PS3 without also being logged into PSN. I've tried.

You can still use netflix.

Just go on netflix , it will give you an error than another and then you can go on.

@op

The situation and how Sony handled it is atrocious to say the least.

Mine wasn't letting me do that. Kept re-asking for me to log into PSN.

Truth be told last I used netflix was on the weekend......it may or may not work but i'm pretty sure it still does work because netflix is independant(infrastructure wise) of PSN.

Use google if anything

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

have you played demon's souls?

you know how even though you are playing the game single player the fact that you can see messages and other peoples ghosts makes you feel like you aren't alone?  that's kind of how i feel.  i generally play single player games but just not having my friends list available and seeing notifications of when people log on makes it feel lonely.  i don't like it ... it's that same sense of isolation that makes me not like the wii's online system.

Around the Network

I hate it to be honest. I was going to impulse buy psnplus, but this time has caused me to realize that I do not truly want it, so I saved myself a $50 purchase. I am glad it is off because I saved myself money.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Times like this is where offline Split Screen and fighting games such as Marvel VS Capcom 3 become veryyyy important people.

Cross-X said:

Times like this is where offline Split Screen and fighting games such as Marvel VS Capcom 3 become veryyyy important people.

Heck yes. I woiuld have died if it were not for Portal 2 split screen co op. Thank god I did not buy Socom 4, because if I did, I would be lying around bored.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

leatherhat said:
pearljammer said:

I'm actually fairly bothered by it. Just ordered Netflix last week and do not have Xbox Live Gold (ridiculous that you have to have it) and PSN is down.

Otherwise, I'd be pretty indifferent on the whole matter. I rarely game online on my PS3.

You can still use netflix

I mentioned later in this thread, actually. However, my case is unique in that I cannot. I need to be able to sign into PSN for the first time as I bought a new PS3 and gave away my older one.

eh no, videogames can't make me upset. I think