By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SUPER MARIO GALAXY VS. BIOSHOCK!!!!

There has been a gr8 year for video games in 2007. it's had the some the best games in video game history. 2007 had many explosive games like cod4 and gh3 and so on. but there are 2 games that stands out above the rest of 2007. SUPER MARIO GALAXY AND BIOSHOCK FROM NINTENDO AND 2K! They're both recieving numerous awards! Which game do you think will have the most awards (more importantly game of the year awards)? (Bioshock and Galaxy are two of the highest rated games in a decade since super mario 64 and zelda:oot. (Express your full thoughts people!

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

Biocshock because of $$$

mM

SMG easily. Bioshock is the most overrated game since Gears of War haha. This makes Halo 3 look underrated.

Probably Bioshock because it's a (technically) new IP. Personally I consider Galaxy a better game overall, but you know any Mario game will live up to the standard of the revolutionary Mario 64.

From my perspective smg is over rated. bioshock is my game of the year for compelling story, great graphics (sorry smg has niether), solid gameplay, great concept for the world created.

Around the Network

my personal favorate was super mario galaxy, but thats because I have never played bioshock, that makes my opinion invalid, doesn't it

dabaus513 said:
From my perspective smg is over rated. bioshock is my game of the year for compelling story, great graphics (sorry smg has niether), solid gameplay, great concept for the world created.

The only good thing about Bioshock was the story.  The graphics was just so stereotypical that I could have popped any game in and seen it again.  The gameplay progression had to be the most boring thing ever as it was repetitive along with the story itself.  Not to mention gameplay was nothing revolutionary.  And most importantly the single player was so short, and nothing really to get you coming back to it.  This game was a sub 9 type game, and although as a New IP it did stand up, it doesn't match other games that was release.  Was overrated, nothing new about it, boring gameplay progression, and short.

This is just my opinion on the game, so no one freak out.  We all have them. 

Definelty SMG, Bioshock was overrated, the whole dystopian story was terrible and the gameplay is nothing special, its been done before in better games

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

RolStoppable said:
fazz said:
Probably Bioshock because it's a (technically) new IP. Personally I consider Galaxy a better game overall, but you know any Mario game will live up to the standard of the revolutionary Mario 64.

Oh really? What about Sunshine? Wasn't that game slammed for not being on par with Super Mario 64? Think before you post!

Don't worry, I've got a sarcasm detector.

I wouldn't say it was slammed, that's a bit harsh, all the reviews were very good for sunshine as I remember.

Super Mario Galaxy is the best game.

Bioshock is way overrated....

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Best PS3 CommercialBest Wii Commercial