By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SUPER MARIO GALAXY VS. BIOSHOCK!!!!

fkusumot said:

They're both good games, right?

NO Bioshock is a good game.  SMG is a great game. 

Around the Network
zombier said:
bdbdbd said:
@zombier: This time you thought before posting, you said clearly your point of view without trying to make it sound like some universal fact and (nearly) without trying to bash anyone.

You haven't played the previous Primes (and other Metroids in general)? Did you get the lores? Scanned the flora and fauna? There was actually a lot more story than just the main story. And actually, MP3 isn't shooter, it's adventure game. So people don't like Metroids because of the shooting, but because of the adventure. Although there were a lot of shooter elements added to the game (linearity and places where the whole idea was to kill everyone in sight). MP3 also missed one thing, which every other Metroid has had, you didn't really feel being alone on your quest (even though you practically were).
About the controls, i have never liked the dual analog scheme or KB+ mouse. If you like them more (or didn't like MP3), it's fine with me, not going to argue.

I actually wasn't going to post to this topic for the reason i haven't played Bioshock (i didn't want to compare them since i had nothing concrete to compare SMG with), but somehow your post made me want to post.
I didn't (on purpose) mention earlier, that you brought up only the other side of story, you didn't mention people who have played only Bioshock and claim it to be better.
You got a point about fanboys, but it's the same thing with every fanboy, no matter the console, every game on the console of choice is better than anything on competitor.

And one thing that makes me sceptical about high rated FPS:s, is that just look how many, mediocre at best, have had high ratings from reviews, so it's no wonder if people see "shooter X" overrated without playing, and to add to that the events lately with Assassins Creed and what was the other game, you really need to think twice about to believe or not to the ratings, especially with high budget titles. So i'm not saying Bioshock overrated, nor underrated, atleast before playing it.

And for the record, you are just as entitled to your opinion, as i am and i do respect your opinions just like everyone elses too.

I didnt mean to sound harsh with the respect your opinion thing so i apologize for that. I know i should have talked about people who only played bioshock and not smg to, but we all know there are more ninty fanboys on this forum. But yea to me you have to have played good amount of both games to discuss this debate properly. Yes i know alot of people like to think of the prime series as an adventure game but its a fps too. Nintendo did a so-so job on both aspects of the game. There are better shooters(and dont argue the controller aspect because its still a mediocre shooter), and the adventure aspect has been done alot better inside nintendo itself with the zelda series. I know fps get high scores on most review sites. Another thing with the hardcore nintendo bunch is they cry that sites like ign dont know what they are talking about when a wii game gets a bad review. But when a wii game gets a good review they are like omg its better than *insert 360/ps3 game here* check game rankings! Such a double standard with fanboys

MP3 is not GOTY status, but MP1 was pure genius.

Your double standard works for all that are essentially fanboys.  Stereotyping it to one group is discrimination and nonetheless disturbing.  

I've played almsot all games in the running, except the PC games cuase I don't play PC games but I understnad which are actualy good.  But of the console games, SMG, COD4, and Mass Effect are the best games of this year, and I can't think of another game that even should be in the running with them.  Bioshock is not on their level and doesn't deserve to be.  I'm not speaking to you directly, simply restating my opinion.  

Personally I don't know why reviewers like to review shooters so highly.  There probably the most casual "hardcore" games of the genres out there, as they have an overly simplistic concept(shoot people), and normally the same with the gameplay.  Usually action adventures and RPG's are the real hardcore type games, as those actually fit more of what the hardcore is looking for.  But who knows why these hardcore reviewers like them.  Although I respect there are some pretty damn good shooters out there, most of them tend to be overhyped simply because they are a shooter. 

Zucas said:
fkusumot said:

NO Bioshock is a good game. SMG is a great game.

They're both great games -> fact

You didn't like BioShock that much -> opinion

fkusumot said:

they both awesome games

Chrizum said:
Zucas said:
fkusumot said:

NO Bioshock is a good game. SMG is a great game.

They're both great games -> fact

You didn't like BioShock that much -> opinion

Yep.  I don't think I claimed it to be a fact now did I.

But your claiming of them both being great games is not a fact.  Quality is opinion based.  No one can ever decide which game is good and which isn't, as it's always up to personal opinion.  The entire backing of what's good, is opinion, and thus nothing ever is good or is bad.  No factual basis to any of it.

Around the Network
Zucas said:
fkusumot said:

NO Bioshock is a good game.  SMG is a great game. 

is that a fact sir? anyway i read your mini review of bioshock and im not 100% sure if you even played it. But if im wrong and you did play it im sorry.

smg is for children
halo3 is good
oblivion is good
gears of war is good
cod4 is good
assassins's creed is good
deadrising is good
wiisports is good
bob the builder: festival of fun is good

bioshock is ok

i've never played bioshock, but i' gonna buy SMG, maybe i'm biased but IMO SMG deserves to be the GOTY, overrated??

nero said:
i've never played bioshock, but i' gonna buy SMG, maybe i'm biased but IMO SMG deserves to be the GOTY, overrated??

smg is for children. dont buy it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

bob the builder : festival of fun, i like