By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 4/18 ~ 4/24

radiantshadow92 said:

im pretty certain. I am starting to believe rumors now, project cafe has taught me that rumors are usually true and with the rumor that the ngp will be anywhere from 250$-350$, it will crap on the 3ds by sheer value alone. Any higher than those prices and i agree with you. And the 3ds isn't going anywhere without some games. And those aren't coming for a while. Plus, it needs a price cut already.

Value is a perception of the user, for example I think the DS has more value when compared to PSP, and I would pay more for the DS then the PSP, even if I did pay less. $299, is a price I will be willing to pay for NGP assuming software is there, but I know the general consumer will not.

If you are hyping yourself for NGP victory, I would be really careful, because come this time next year, the same comments that are being made by 3DS by users like yourself, will be made towards NGP by opposite users. One could say it is just the circle of life, but I will say it to be annoying from both sides. 

Also you really shouldn't believe every single rumour you here, because remember Project Cafe is just one of the many rumours about Nintendo next device. Project Butterfly is another. I would assume cafe has stronger gains, but to say believing in rumours because one is true, is a jumping the gun. 

I think the biggest problem is, you really haven't seen what 3DS is capable in the first full year, to form a logical conclusion if it still is in a slump, you maybe right, but on the other hand you maybe wrong. 

Around the Network
Acevil said:
radiantshadow92 said:

im pretty certain. I am starting to believe rumors now, project cafe has taught me that rumors are usually true and with the rumor that the ngp will be anywhere from 250$-350$, it will crap on the 3ds by sheer value alone. Any higher than those prices and i agree with you. And the 3ds isn't going anywhere without some games. And those aren't coming for a while. Plus, it needs a price cut already.

Value is a perception of the user, for example I think the DS has more value when compared to PSP, and I would pay more for the DS then the PSP, even if I did pay less. $299, is a price I will be willing to pay for NGP assuming software is there, but I know the general consumer will not.

If you are hyping yourself for NGP victory, I would be really careful, because come this time next year, the same comments that are being made by 3DS by users like yourself, will be made towards NGP by opposite users. One could say it is just the circle of life, but I will say it to be annoying from both sides. 

Also you really shouldn't believe every single rumour you here, because remember Project Cafe is just one of the many rumours about Nintendo next device. Project Butterfly is another. I would assume cafe has stronger gains, but to say believing in rumours because one is true, is a jumping the gun. 

I think the biggest problem is, you really haven't seen what 3DS is capable in the first full year, to form a logical conclusion if it still is in a slump, you maybe right, but on the other hand you maybe wrong. 

Im not hyping anything for my victory, im going with what i see. The psp is killing it in japan , and if the ngp is around the same price as the 3ds, then the ngp will sell more. 

Baalzamon said:

Numbers still looking pretty good, I'm still baffled how many people actually buy a ps2 every week, though.

The PS2 still has some of the best games ever made. Not surprising.