By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Update on PlayStation Network and Qriocity (All our info stolen!? maybe!)

Tagged games:

Ajescent said:
Euphoria14 said:
Ajescent said:

Anyone still supporting the hackers?

Everyone still lumping them all together and still generalizing?

Not hackers in general, just the guys who hacked psn, I maintain they must have known something bad was going to happen if they released their info.

And this never would have happened if Sony hadn't sued Geohotz.

Or if they even hired a competent security team.

We can stand in a circle and point fingers all day. It's not going to get us anywhere. Everyone involved in this circle-jerk has acted like petulant children, Sony included.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
Euphoria14 said:
Ajescent said:

Not hackers in general, just the guys who hacked psn, I maintain they must have known something bad was going to happen if they released their info.

Ah, you mean guys like Anon?

I will love them if PSN comes out of this running better than before and downloads and updates going faster.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Munkeh111 said:

Since many people seem to be ignoring this fact, can I repeat it

THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT CREDIT CARD INFORMATION WAS STOLEN

"we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained."

If they don't know, then you got to assume the worst and protect yourself.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

People need to stop trusting "the cloud" (online services) with all of their private data. If you use these services, ASSUME it will all be stolen and prepare accordingly (like never letting it save your credit card info between purchases).

Technology breaks because humans are in charge of it.

rocketpig said:
Ajescent said:
Euphoria14 said:
Ajescent said:

We can stand in a circle and point fingers all day. It's not going to get us anywhere. Everyone involved in this circle-jerk has acted like petulant children, Sony included.

So you mean to tell me after Geohot originally hacked the psn, if Sony hadn't reacted, we wouldn't be here right now? Really?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
rocketpig said:
Ajescent said:
Euphoria14 said:
Ajescent said:

So you mean to tell me after Geohot originally hacked the psn, if Sony hadn't reacted, we wouldn't be here right now? Really?

How long ago did he hack it? Why is it happening NOW?

And no matter how "evil" and "despicable" these hackers are, it is Sony's job to lock down their system to ensure something like this never happens. Amazon hasn't had this problem and they're far more vulnerable than PSN simply due to the limited access nature of PSN. Microsoft hasn't had these problems. Google hasn't had these problems. Etc, etc, etc.

Sony fucked up. Bad. End of story.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Man this just stinks.

Can't play online

Can't watch lovefilm

Can't watch films on demand

Can't update my bug infested New Vegas game

and now my credit card and details might have been stolen....

Cheers Sony!

Ok so when PSN is back up change my password and my dogs name, thank god i have two dogs or this could have got ugly

Ajescent said:
rocketpig said:
Ajescent said:
Euphoria14 said:
Ajescent said:

Geohot NEVER hacked the psn. This is a huge security hole at the server side, it has nothing  to do with the hack at the client side.

-Newcloud- said:

Ok so when PSN is back up change my password and my dogs name

Won't that be confusing for your poor dog?