By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which games would you like to see re-made on 3DS?

Nintendo has plenty of original titles, it's only 2 N64 remakes versus 8-9 new games.  That's comparable to the 1st party lineups GBA and had their first years, and way better than the port-heavy PSP was.

List! Ports/remakes are italicized and bolded.

Game Boy Advance (2 ports/remakes, 5 original)

• Super Mario Advance (Nintendo R&D2)
  • F-Zero: Maximum Velocity (NdCube)
  • Mario Kart: Super Circuit (Intelligent Systems)
  • Advance Wars (Intelligent Systems)
  • Golden Sun (Camelot Software Planning)
  • Wario Land 4 (Nintendo R&D1)
  • Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World (Nintendo R&D2)

Nintendo DS (3 ports/remakes, 11 original)

• Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo EAD4)
  • Ridge Racer DS (Nintendo Software Technology) published by Namco
  • Wario Ware Touched! (Nintendo R&D1 / Intelligent Systems)
  • Pokemon Dash (Ambrella)
  • Yoshi: Touch & Go! (Nintendo EAD4)
  • Polarium (Mitchell)
  • Kirby: Canvas Curse (HAL Laboratory)
  • Advance Wars: Dual Strike (Intelligent Systems)
  • Nintendogs (Nintendo EAD1)
  • Trace Memory (Cing)
  • Metroid Prime Pinball (Fuse Games)
  • Mario Kart DS (Nintendo EAD1)
  • Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (Alphadream)
  • Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo EAD2)

PSP (9 ports/remakes, 13 original)

• Ape Escape: On the Loose (Sims)
  • Gretzky NHL (Page 44 Stduios)
  • NBA (SCE San Diego Studio)
  • WipEout Pure (SCE Studio Liverpool)
  • World Tour Soccer (SCE London Studio)
  • Twisted Metal: Head-On (Incognito Inc)
  • MLB (SCE San Diego Studio)
  • ATV Offroad Fury: Blazin' Trails (Climax Studio)
  • Hots Shots Golf: Open Tee (Clap Hanz)
  • MediEvil: Resurrection (SCE Cambridge Studio)
  • Gretzky NHL 06 (Page 44 Stduios)
  • The Con (Think & Feel)
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (Japan Studio / G-Artists) published by Bandai
  • Kingdom of Paradise (Climax Entertainment)
  • SOCOM: US Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo (Slant Six Games)
  • PoPoLoCrois (Japan Studio / G-Artists) published by Agetec
  • Ape Escape Academy (Japan Studio / h.a.n.d.)
  • MLB 06: The Show (SCE San Diego Studio)
  • Pursuit Force (bigBig Studios)
  • Daxter (Ready at Dawn Studios)
  • Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror (Sony Bend)
  • Neopets Petpet Adventures: The Wand of Wishing (SCE Santa Monica Studio)

Nintendo 3DS (2 ports/remakes, 9 original)

• Nintendogs plus Cats (Nintendo EAD1)
  • Pilotwings Resort (Monster Games)
  • Steel Diver (Nintendo EAD5 / Vitei)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo EAD3 / Grezzo)
  • Star Fox 64 3D (Nintendo EAD Tokyo)
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising (Project Sora)
  • Mario Kart (Nintendo EAD1)
  • Super Mario (Nintendo EAD Tokyo)
  • Animal Crossing (Nintendo EAD1)
  • Paper Mario (Intelligent Systems)
  • Fantasy Life (Brownie Brown) published by Level 5

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Ninpanda said:

Metroid II.

River City Ransom.

I'd also go ga-ga over a modernized remake of Axelay:

*posts vid of best shooter, ever*

Epitome of shoot-'em-up action, I tell ya. Plus it could actually make pretty good use of the 3D effect. (For those who care about that stuff.)

Man, I'd forgotten that game existed!  I used to LOVE me some Axelay.  Awesome pick!!

It's on VC if you like.

Also I would love a remake/expansion/sequel to the awesome game Sky Roads. Anybody else remember that one?

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

gumby_trucker said:
d21lewis said:
Ninpanda said:

Metroid II.

River City Ransom.

I'd also go ga-ga over a modernized remake of Axelay:

*posts vid of best shooter, ever*

Epitome of shoot-'em-up action, I tell ya. Plus it could actually make pretty good use of the 3D effect. (For those who care about that stuff.)

Man, I'd forgotten that game existed!  I used to LOVE me some Axelay.  Awesome pick!!

It's on VC if you like.

Also I would love a remake/expansion/sequel to the awesome game Sky Roads. Anybody else remember that one?

Man, my Wii has been unplugged for about two months.  I may just have to fire it up for a little "Arms installation is complete.  Good luck." 

d21lewis said:
gumby_trucker said:

It's on VC if you like.

Man, my Wii has been unplugged for about two months.  I may just have to fire it up for a little "Arms installation is complete.  Good luck." 

lol it's been there since 2007 btw...

the original trolls

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

gumby_trucker said:
d21lewis said:
gumby_trucker said:

It's on VC if you like.

NO WAY!!!  Whenever we make one of those "Which games should be on the VC" threads, I always throw out Axelay, Demon's Crest, and Chrono Trigger/Final Fantasy III (6)!  Nobody has pointed that out to me!

Around the Network

I always wanted to be able to play Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on a portable device. But I don't want it remade...It's perfect exactly the way it is!

d21lewis said:
gumby_trucker said:

NO WAY!!!  Whenever we make one of those "Which games should be on the VC" threads, I always throw out Axelay, Demon's Crest, and Chrono Trigger/Final Fantasy III (6)!  Nobody has pointed that out to me!

My biggest problem with WiiWare and VC has always been TRANSPARENCY!

the original trolls

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:

I concede the point.

I guess what I was trying to explain (ineptly) is that Nintendo is acting like I should run out and get a 3DS because it has a game coming out for it that I played in the 90's.  Know what I mean?

Here's a throat losange.

You are like a Sony enthusiast who keeps saying how Nintendo has to do business. You hate handhelds, man. It won't matter what Nintendo does, even if they do everything you say, you still won't buy a 3DS. Why? Because you hate handhelds.

I know you are quite pissed that all the Wii gets nowadays is trash (like The Con-don't-do-it 2), but that's no excuse to keep trolling the 3DS on every occasion. Go back under your bridge.

I'd have called it "Can't-duit 2".  It just rolls off of the tongue!

gumby_trucker said:

Oh yes, I remember this great game (but didn't remember the name - I recognized it only from your video). I played the shareware version over and over, but never the full game.

OT: I want Star Wars: X-Wing, Ultima Underworld, Wing Commander: Privateer, System Shock, Lands of Lore, Betrayal at Krondor, Descent, Magic Carpet...

...even only one 3DS remake out of those great 3D PC games from the 90s would be great, but it will never happen.

greenmedic88 said:

There are actually quite a few games from the 6th and 5th gens that I wouldn't mind having available on the go with some tweaks and improvements.

Visual improvements over the originals (like OoT which has aged pretty horrendously like most 5th gen polygon games) would be totally welcome.

I don't know if I'd pay $40 for them, but I'd probably pick them up for the second time down the road once discounted.

I was actually pretty glad when Chrono Trigger was re-released for the DS as it was one of my favorite SNES titles.

I was also glad to have Zelda Link to the Past on the GBA.

It has been nice having SSFIV on the 3DS even though it has minor downgrades (mainly the still backgrounds) and the tiny D-pad on the device is pretty far from ideal. The pick up and play nature of a handheld makes it perfect for 20 minute sessions.

I'm hyped about playing MGS3 on the 3DS, even if Konami adds next to nothing (unlikely) and it's just a portable version of the PS2 game with 3D depth.

Wouldn't mind a redone FFVII at all.

So I don't have a problem with the 3DS being a 6th Gen portable console assuming it still gets "all new" exclusive games that make the most of the hardware as well.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm one of the few people that encourages the remakes around here. Amazing classic games upgraded visuals and gameplay portable = a whole slew of wins, IMO.

For me:

-Zelda: OoT (which is happening)
-Zelda: Majora's Mask
-Zelda: The Wind Waker (with the removed dungeon)
-Star Fox 64 (which is happening)
-Star Wars: Episode One Racer
-Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
-Bomberman 64
-Cruis'n USA
-Wave Race 64
-Pokemon Snap
-Super Mario 64
-Sonic 1/2/3/& Knuckles

Then, I'd love new entries on the 3DS from the following series:

-Zelda, 3D-style
-Wave Race