By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
padib said:
psrock said:

PS2 is played by the Nintendo Dream

GC/XBOX are played by PS4/720

And who won last time? A-there you go.

It's always great to act like the dreamcast never happened which is very similar to what Nintendo is doing.

Sega's out of the home console biz, why discuss? Doesn't change the fact that it was maybe the better console of the generation. In terms of innovation maybe even exceeding the cube (Samba de amigo, bass fishing, etc.). My favs: Soul Calibur, Sonic Adventure and Ecco the Dolphin for the win.

better, innovation got it how much 3rd party support?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
noname2200 said:
psrock said:

Not only will they but developers are already asking for it. How many developers have complained they wish either the PS3 or 360  were more powerful because they acheive what they really wanted to. 

Crytek.

Epic.

And I'm drawing a blank. Admittedly I haven't been paying as much attention to the news as before, but off the top of my head these are the only ones I can remember asking for a lot more power in consoles. What are the rest?

GT5 DEV, MGS4 DEV to add to it, and recently Activision.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
padib said:
psrock said:

It's always great to act like the dreamcast never happened which is very similar to what Nintendo is doing.

Sega's out of the home console biz, why discuss? Doesn't change the fact that it was maybe the better console of the generation. In terms of innovation maybe even exceeding the cube (Samba de amigo, bass fishing, etc.). My favs: Soul Calibur, Sonic Adventure and Ecco the Dolphin for the win.

Sega's past disasters, and rampant piracy, got that 3rd party support. AFAIK it was a developers dream of a console, really easy to program for.

psrock said:
noname2200 said:
psrock said:

Not only will they but developers are already asking for it. How many developers have complained they wish either the PS3 or 360  were more powerful because they acheive what they really wanted to. 

Crytek.

Epic.

And I'm drawing a blank. Admittedly I haven't been paying as much attention to the news as before, but off the top of my head these are the only ones I can remember asking for a lot more power in consoles. What are the rest?

GT5 DEV, MGS4 DEV to add to it, and recently Activision.

One of those is Sony itself. :-/

Do you remember where you read the Activision one? Because I have to say, other than that one, it's not a list that supports your general thesis; a handful of devs does not a healthy environment make. We were discussing the Wii earlier...

june come faster i want to witness the project cafe ... oh fuck i just remembered damn u direct tv :( no g4 i wana cry

Around the Network
padib said:
psrock said:
padib said:
psrock said:

I edited my post, it's more intelligent than the quoted. But when it comes to the 3rd party support argument, my friend, I hand that one to you on a golden platter. You said it right a few posts back that even the iPhone got MGS4 for crying out loud. Why the Wii got nothing is totally beyond me, and for that one I was agreeing.

My hope, and the vibe I'm getting, is that this time, for real, Nintendo is making a very focused effort to change that situation around for good. It really needs to change, cause I find no foundation to it whatsoever. What do you think?

I couldn't say it better myself. I feel a lot of people are forgetting that the fastest selling console whch have at least 4 games sell over 20 millions software was totally left alone to die by the best developers. And with Nintendo having built a very casual market that has done plenty and with most people associating Nintendo with family and casual, think next year all the sudden, Nintendo will own the Hardcore market are losing it. 

I can see it now, A $299 system with plenty of support at first but mostly the casual offering will sell with the regular Nintendo gems. Sony and MS will announce their next console, 3rd party will complain how they don't sell on the Wii2 and the whle cycle start again. 

Next Gen 

I step into this thread and find people wasting their time arguing with a Sony Fan...person.

Why do people waste their time like this?

epicberserk said:

june come faster i want to witness the project cafe ... oh fuck i just remembered damn u direct tv :( no g4 i wana cry

Just stream it online. Nintendo streams its own conference, and sites like Gametrailers and IGN stream content throughout E3. If you've got broadband, you'll be fine!

Play4Fun said:

I step into this thread and find people wasting their time arguing with a Sony fanboy.

Who, psrock? He clearly favors Sony, and he makes no bones about it, but he's hardly a fanboy.

noname2200 said:
Play4Fun said:

I step into this thread and find people wasting their time arguing with a Sony fanboy.

Who, psrock? He clearly favors Sony, and he makes no bones about it, but he's hardly a fanboy.

He just makes arguments without taking the market and tech into account.

PS4 will be a powerhouse, 10-20x more powerful than Wii 2. What about development costs? What about not wanting to bleed to much money like they did this gen? How do they put the kind of tech required for that in a box without melting it due to overheating?

And then there's the DreamCast thing. Most people seem ignorant on what caused Sega's downfall. The early launch was only a small part of it.

What's with people wanting a company to fail just because it isn't their favorite company? Sheesh...