By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
padib said:
Play4Fun said:
psrock said:
The PSP had nothing  to improve on though, but please show how conservative the NGP is?

Damnit. I said the PSP was more of a powerhouse for its time than NGP. It didn't include a bunch of control inputs in it like NGP (oled screen, the touch screens, blah blah) . There was more incentive/space/options/whatever  to put money into hardware. The NGP is more conservative hardware power-wise than PSP was. THe NGP is pushing much more than just tech compared to PSP.

Look at how much more powerful the PSP was to DS compared to how much more powerful NGP is compared to 3DS.

PS4 and 720 WILL be more powerful than Wii 2 (like GC and XBOX were more powerful than PS2 and N64 >PS1 and PS3 >360) but they'll be on more equal grounds and all be able to share ports.

That is all. I need to get some sleep.

Hope you don't mind if we talk while you're in bed?

You'd better not.

Around the Network

The debate over the last few pages is interesting. I've noticed a few whispers over the last few years that have been largely ignored coming from Microsoft about them not being that interested in such a massive leap next time around. I've tried to find the articles in question but finding something you read from 2008/09/10 (or whenever the hell it was) when you can't even remember what website you read it on isn't exactly easy. There is this from the last few days though... http://www.businessinsider.com/next-xbox-may-be-profitable-on-day-one-2011-4

If they were to chase profit from day 1, then a massively advanced console would also come with a massive price tag, and they know that's not a good idea, so that would suggest a more moderate jump if they went that route.

Now, this of course is just a theory and is in no way guaranteed, but if they do go for a moderate jump in performance and the N6 is in the same ballpark, then Sony going for the massive jump again would leave them alone and awkward to develop for, not Nintendo.

VGChartz

milkyjoe said:

The debate over the last few pages is interesting. I've noticed a few whispers over the last few years that have been largely ignored coming from Microsoft about them not being that interested in such a massive leap next time around. I've tried to find the articles in question but finding something you read from 2008/09/10 (or whenever the hell it was) when you can't even remember what website you read it on isn't exactly easy. There is this from the last few days though... http://www.businessinsider.com/next-xbox-may-be-profitable-on-day-one-2011-4

If they were to chase profit from day 1, then a massively advanced console would also come with a massive price tag, and they know that's not a good idea, so that would suggest a more moderate jump if they went that route.

Now, this of course is just a theory and is in no way guaranteed, but if they do go for a moderate jump in performance and the N6 is in the same ballpark, then Sony going for the massive jump again would leave them alone and awkward to develop for, not Nintendo.

There were articles that said MS was trying to decide wether they should send out a powerhouse or be more conservative. I'm betting they go more conservative, it makes more sense than alienating yourself to some third parties because they can't afford to develop on your hardware.

Of course those third parties can still up-port games to them from a less expensive to develop for console.

too soon IMO...i dont want the next gen...hmm hope Microdoft & Sony chill and dont rush to release a new console...hmm maybe they dont even need to release a new console...

Play4Fun said:
milkyjoe said:

There were articles that said MS was trying to decide wether they should send out a powerhouse or be more conservative. I'm betting they go more conservative, it makes more sense than alienating yourself to some third parties because they can't afford to develop on your hardware.

Of course those third parties can still up-port games to them from a less expensive to develop for console.

but you got to remember they are looking at a 2014 release that is like 9 years after the release of the 360 a conservitive console in 2014 could be a bigger jump than a powerhouse after just 4 years like the xbox to 360...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
zarx said:
Play4Fun said:
milkyjoe said:

but you got to remember they are looking at a 2014 release that is like 9 years after the release of the 360 a conservitive console in 2014 could be a bigger jump than a powerhouse after just 4 years like the xbox to 360...

They say they're looking at a 2014 release but they'll be ready to launch as soon as they see wii 2 start to make an impact.

I'm betting they  launch at 2013. They're not going to give Nintendo 2 years on the market by themsleves.

Play4Fun said:
zarx said:
Play4Fun said:
milkyjoe said:

They say they're looking at a 2014 release but they'll be ready to launch as soon as they see wii 2 start to make an impact.

I'm betting they  launch at 2013. They're not going to give Nintendo 2 years on the market by themsleves.

i bet aksi 2013 it will give them a year to year and half of no competetion

noname2200 said:
psrock said:

I will bet you right now the next PS3 will be at least 10-20x more powerful than the Wii2. 

*whistle*

Will the next Playstation also have new dev tools that make development cost about 10% of what it would otherwise? Because if not, Sony would essentially be pricing devs out of the market! Lord knows many have shown they can't survive in the current environment, and I shudder to think how much worse it'll be if you're right.

Actually they'd be pricing themselves out of the market. After-all can they keep up with publishers who get to release games on NES 6/PS3/Xbox 360 AND PC when they themselves can only release games on the PS3. I would think 3rd party publishers would price Sony out of the market and not the other way around.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
noname2200 said:
psrock said:

I will bet you right now the next PS3 will be at least 10-20x more powerful than the Wii2. 

*whistle*

Will the next Playstation also have new dev tools that make development cost about 10% of what it would otherwise? Because if not, Sony would essentially be pricing devs out of the market! Lord knows many have shown they can't survive in the current environment, and I shudder to think how much worse it'll be if you're right.

Actually they'd be pricing themselves out of the market. After-all can they keep up with publishers who get to release games on NES 6/PS3/Xbox 360 AND PC when they themselves can only release games on the PS3. I would think 3rd party publishers would price Sony out of the market and not the other way around.

idk just going to say next year it going to be crazy console war