By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 3 Vs Gears of War 3 Graphics

UNCHARTED 3

GEARS OF WAR 3 So which game do you think looks more impressive thus far?

Around the Network

Can't tell, need to play games on my tv and see it in motion before I can judge;.

In the end the only way to really tell is to play the games yourself. Because what those screenshots don't show you is all the screen tearing/jaggies/ect that the game will have when you actually play it.

But judging by the pictures Gears 3 definitely has an edge, but I know those Gears 3 pics are bullshots...the Uncharted 3 ones look a little more like they are in game.

i never liked gears characters,theyre so mishapen and unproportional, it distracts from the game, i dont like they way they do their graphics

yo_john117 said:

In the end the only way to really tell is to play the games yourself. Because what those screenshots don't show you is all the screen tearing/jaggies/ect that the game will have when you actually play it.

But judging by the pictures Gears 3 definitely has an edge, but I know those Gears 3 pics are bullshots...the Uncharted 3 ones look a little more like they are in game.

All of those screens are touched up.

Around the Network

hmmmm....I'll put my money on Uncharted 3(both look very good though)

No doubt Epic Games polished up Gears 3 tremendously, but I think Naughty is going to put Uncharted 3 in a league of its own,luckily I will be getting both so I won't miss out :P

on another note:didn't have a thread awhile back comparing Gears of war 3 to unchated 2?

Well...

Some early actual gameplay (2010) from the 2 games. Gameplay > Screens.

I would say from the 2 early gameplay videos there... That Gears 3 edges it.

We will see though. I'm sure that other people can find vids showing better and worse visuals for both games but... Meh. It's gonna be hard to say which is better until both are out.

Carl2291 said:

Well...

Some early actual gameplay (2010) from the 2 games. Gameplay > Screens.

I would say from the 2 early gameplay videos there... That Gears 3 edges it.

We will see though. I'm sure that other people can find vids showing better and worse visuals for both games but... Meh. It's gonna be hard to say which is better until both are out.

Idk I like the Uncharted 3 video better, But that is just my opinion.

They both haven't released yet. People also thought Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2, Lair and GT5 were going to be the best looking games based on their early screen shots, but once people actualy got to play them, flaws become evident. Never judge a game by artwork, screenshots or PR, thats my rule and I've stuck to it since Lair and it's worked out pretty well for me.

I don't want to be completely Off Topic though, so I'll mention what I've seen in gameplay videos. Gears 3 has nice looking character models, the ground textures are muggy, the lighting is average, the foilage looks great, it seems like the framerate is fast and solid, the particle effects are decent, but I've seen better (mainly Crysis 2), the animations are improved, the camera has been pulled back a bit (which I like), my only big problem is that it looks like a polished Gears of War 2, which was a polished Gears of War 1, I wanted more. This is all based on the Giant Bomb BETA playthrough video, all in HD.

I can't say anything about Uncharted 3, mainly because there hasn't been any proper screenshots for it and I can't find any decent video footage, most of it's off screen or just a normal trailer. I'll have to wait for the BETA to make a proper judgement.

Both of the games have like five months until release, any problems they have now, could be gone by then. Hell, I've seen whole games look like turds and then come out looking great, Timeshift and Demons Soul's comes to mind.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

WOW, Gears looks really good in those pics. I'll wait for the actual game though. I'm pretty sure ND and Epic are polishing graphics at this very moment, so no one can say which will look better at the moment.

I predict Uncharted will look better because of the extra two months. :P

Both games will rock, that's for sure. Gears 3 multiplayer footage shows many improvements particularly in the level design. I'm really hoping ND imrpove the multiplayer because I could never really get into the online of U2. It's looking good so far though.