By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Rath said:
kopboi said:
i can but you dont say yh i found jesus it not funny

Really? It got a 7 on my scale of funny where 10 is Monty Pythons Holy Grail and 1 is being forced to listen to Crazy Frog for 24 hours straight.

watching you being forced to listen to crazy frog for 24 hours straight would be an 8 on my scale.  hahahaha.

Around the Network

te whole jesus thing is kinda stupid if you ask me. He is a god. The son of god died and became a god. Why in the heck would the son of god not become a god and only become an angel and if I remember doesnt he still have other superiors other then his father.. it makes no sense why he would be an underling when he is rightly a god.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
te whole jesus thing is kinda stupid if you ask me. He is a god. The son of god died and became a god. Why in the heck would the son of god not become a god and only become an angel and if I remember doesnt he still have other superiors other then his father.. it makes no sense why he would be an underling when he is rightly a god.

No, no, no...

God's name is Jehovah. God's son is Jesus. Jesus is not God.

#1: Jehovah
#2: Jesus

By the way, this thread is stupid.

iclim4 said:
kopboi said:
but jesus is apart of the holy trinity father the son and holy spirit

it is said that Jesus is the son of God, not God himself.

they are different entities.

Jesus and God are one. The trinity is one. The best way I understand it is - it's like an Egg. You have three parts... Shell, Yoke and White... Combined they make the Egg...  Same as God...God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

We are also 3 parts- Body, Soul and Spirit... which makes us... That's how I see the Trinity.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Rath said:

If this topic had been about another religious figure it would have made no sense as people don't talk about 'finding buddha' as far as I know.

In any case other religious figures (probably most prominantly buddha now that I think about it) are often satired. Its the beauty of living in a civilization that allows free speech.

So put it in a context in which it does make sense - the end result is the same. You're an intelligent poster, I think you know what I meant.

As for free speech, well I can't argue with that... but does that mean I have the right to be racist? does it give me the right to be sexist? If not, then why is it OK in this circumstance?

In any case, I don't like discussing religion with people I don't know, so I'll say - I respect your point of view, and leave it at that.

Around the Network
Ray007 said:
Rath said:

If this topic had been about another religious figure it would have made no sense as people don't talk about 'finding buddha' as far as I know.

In any case other religious figures (probably most prominantly buddha now that I think about it) are often satired. Its the beauty of living in a civilization that allows free speech.

So put it in a context in which it does make sense - the end result is the same. You're an intelligent poster, I think you know what I meant.

As for free speech, well I can't argue with that... but does that mean I have the right to be racist? does it give me the right to be sexist? If not, then why is it OK in this circumstance?

In any case, I don't like discussing religion with people I don't know, so I'll say - I respect your point of view, and leave it at that.

No you don't have the right to be racist or sexist yet race is often satired, so is gender. There is a different between satire and insult, personally I think this thread falls well on the side of satire however if you think it is an insult I guess you have the right to your opinion.

Essentially a person coming onto this board saying 'Christians are (insert strong language here)' wouldn't be tolerated in much the same way as a person saying 'Black people are (insert strong language here)' however making a joke about either would I believe be tolerated in much the same way this thread is being tolerated.

Edit: Also the reason why Christianity is satired so much in the western world is because it is our major religion. If somebody could figure out some decent atheism jokes Im sure it would be satired nearly as much, its just hard to satire something which doesn't have any fixed beliefs beyond that there is no god (try making a joke about that o.O). Some things are satired far more cruely than Christianity - Scientology for example is often ripped to shreds for their extremely alternative beliefs.

Wow, this thread is still around? I want to thank everyone for all their help. Jesus ended up leaving me. He doesn't talk much, but he seemed grateful. I'm happy I could help him, even if it was only for one day.

Jesus taught me a lot. He taught me how everyone is equally deserving of love. Everyone. We're all the same inside, y'know? Same emotions, same feelings. He showed me how, if I was in someone else's situation, I would probably act the same way, and that I shouldn't judge them for their actions.

I hope Jesus goes to visit other people. He's a neat guy.

:)

I don't know if any of you arel aware, but christmas is dedicated to Jesus...

As Christians, this is the time when we recognize and remember his birth. This is the time when our Lord and savior is born.

Shame on all of you who has taken the name of the Lord in vain...

But the Lord is a Forgiving God...you will be forgiven if you seek forgivness...you will be saved if you seek salvation...for we are all Gods children and are all loved...

Merry Christamas

Rath said:

If somebody could figure out some decent atheism jokes Im sure it would be satired nearly as much, its just hard to satire something which doesn't have any fixed beliefs beyond that there is no god (try making a joke about that o.O). Some things are satired far more cruely than Christianity - Scientology for example is often ripped to shreds for their extremely alternative beliefs.

Making a joke about Aethists is like making a joke about someone asking why the chicken crossed th road.

Redundant.

Budum Tcchh! 

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

finalsquall said:
iclim4 said:
kopboi said:
but jesus is apart of the holy trinity father the son and holy spirit

it is said that Jesus is the son of God, not God himself.

they are different entities.

Jesus and God are one. The trinity is one. The best way I understand it is - it's like an Egg. You have three parts... Shell, Yoke and White... Combined they make the Egg...  Same as God...God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

We are also 3 parts- Body, Soul and Spirit... which makes us... That's how I see the Trinity.

The word "trinity" is no where to be found in the bible.